1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Because Firaxis's interaction logic is terrible. But you'll be happy to know my rework has officially begun (although it'll be a short bit before I have free time again).

2. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 King

I have gotten some counter Spy success with level 3 Spies and the Double Agents Tenet. :crazyeye:

3. 2506

2506 Chieftain

That ruin is rather strong, but the game's not balanced on large maps.

4. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

One of the changes i can feel the impact in my latest game is AI bonuses scaling with game speed; it's actually harder to keep up with AI on epic speed and you are forced to do something about them to not get run over even on Emperor.

Recursive and JamesNinelives like this.
  5. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

You can't do much to prevent gold stealing before police stations. Constabularies should be more effective (and maybe increase their production cost to compensate). I think the spy system is the weakest feature of VP at the moment.

Erikose likes this.
  6. Sp00ks

Sp00ks Chieftain

I'm having an issue where any and all aircraft seem to just vanish after a turn or two. Has anyone else had this issue? Thought I would ask before trying a reinstal.

7. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Yes, it's fixed, but not released yet. Need to wait for a next release.

8. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Prince

There are bugs for which there is a fix incoming. I've experienced that as long as you have no more than one aircraft in a city things are fine, and that this limit nebulously increases by a lot once you have an airport. ESPECIALLY do not complete an air unit in a city with an air unit in it, this has been a thing I've noticed destroying air units before.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  9. Vhozite

Vhozite Chieftain

Is there a way to block inquisitors from removing heresy? I ask because in my current game (6-19-2) I’m trying to remove heresy in one of my cities but I can’t. The Inquisitor is used and my cities goes into resistance, but other religions don’t actually lose followers.

Inquisitors have worked fine for me in this very game before this specific case.

Edit: I was able to circumvent this but spreading to my city with a missionary then using the Inquisitor. Still curious what happened though.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  10. tothePAIN

tothePAIN Prince

This has been reported a few times - remove heresy only works if there's a majority religion.

11. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

Can you still press the button even if there isn't a majority religion?

12. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

I think you can, and it just wastes the inquisitor and gives you the turn of rebellion.

saamohod, Carloshooter, vyyt and 2 others like this.
  13. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

Then that definitely needs to be fixed, as you can lose an Inquisitor and get rebellion when nothing actually happens.

Skidizzle, tu_79, saamohod and 8 others like this.
  14. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Be that as it may, I wanted to share my experiences playing on them. If people feel it's more balanced on standard map sizes that's great! All I know is that it doesn't feel balanced in my games.

I'm honestly still not sure if it's confirmation bias on my part but I feel similarly playing on Epic and Emperor :).

Carloshooter likes this.
  15. Maxxim69

Maxxim69 Chieftain

In my opinion, it needed fixing even before the population loss/rebellion effects were introduced because it’s unnecessarily complicated and counterintuitive, while Inquisitor‘s "Remove Heresy" action description is a simple and straightforward "remove the presence of other religions".

16. Vhozite

Vhozite Chieftain

Has remove heresy always worked like this? I swear in the past I could conquer a city and then use an inquisitor to convert the city if I already had a couple followers.

In any event I feel like it should just remove opposing followers or at the very least remove heresy shouldn’t be possible if it won’t actually work.

17. saamohod

saamohod Prince

It's a fairly recent mechanics.

18. Dolen2

Dolen2 Chieftain

Morocco is building Kasbah everywhere.
    I thought it was limited to adjacent tiles, has anyone encountered this?

19. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

20. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

So there IS an issue with AI peace logic: AI has psychic knowledge of whether any of your cities are in danger, and refuses to make peace if they're not in danger and you are, even if they can't see the danger or city in question (although only if it's a major danger).

And in general, its evaluations of danger levels pull the knowledge directly from the game rather than from information the player actually has.

I'll talk to ilteroi about implementing a less unfair danger evaluation system.

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6773

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020