1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

i consider thwt optimal CV play. Capital builds 3 parts, second best city 2, third best 1. All the ITRs go to capital as it will actually be the bottleneck so I can maximize the hammers. Every so often it’s more optimal for me to Build a part in a 4th city but not normally.

JamesNinelives and 2506 like this.
  2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I'm back! Went on a brief 'stay-cay,' followed by a bout of plague (not covid!) in my house (wife and daughter) that I, thankfully, managed to avoid contracting. Illnesses gone, life returns to normal...somewhat.

Going to catch up on Github shenanigans, take a peek at balance, and start work on next version this weekend.

G

3. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It's the same for normal pace, even for tall style.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Sameth here. Four days of high fever and vomits, first kid, then mom, now I'm crossing fingers. I can confirm the standing person has little free time.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I hope the plague spares you!

G

JamesNinelives, tu_79 and SwirlSlayer like this.
  6. Sl_III

Sl_III Chieftain

I reliably get a CTD when I end my turn around turns 5-10 in this version even without any other mods installed and on a standard Pangea map.

7. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

I had similar problem around turn 6 on continents. Repetitive after reloading save from turn 4.

8. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

ilteroi has released a new patched DLL with his changes for the next version (my changes are not included): https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6812

This new DLL is not savegame compatible, but can be applied on top of your existing DLL file.

Changelog:
    Code:
    - fixed disappearing air units

- civilians can always stack, combat units can not stack, independent of domain
         if necessary we can make embarked combat units stronger

- improved AI tactical behavior
         at least i hope so, need feedback

- major performance improvement

- max religion spread distance is now equal to trade distance
         different for land/water, depending on buildings
         on average pressure is higher than before

- misc smaller bugfixes

(To be clear, in this DLL, ships do not stack with embarked combat units anymore!)

If you make bug reports on Github, please be sure to specify that you're using ilteroi's DLL.

Have fun! :)

9. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

No mentioning of single-digit-turn CTD issues. :c5unhappy:

Preventive plague doctor, so you can stay safe.

10. InkAxis

InkAxis Prince

Why was this change made, won't the AI perform terribly with it? Have the AI been reprogrammed to use it?

Otherwise sounds good, looking forward to this release :).

Erikose, Zuizgond and vyyt like this.
  11. Recursive

Upcoming changes for next version:
    Code:
    Embassy Theft
      AI now recognizes when a player steals their embassy from a City-State, will get angry at them for it and are more likely to declare war (treated the same as stealing territory from them)
      Human players will get a notification if their embassy was stolen by another player
      If you steal an embassy from a City-State's ally, they will reset Influence to -60; if the embassy owner is friends with the City-State and you're NOT their ally, they will reset Influence to 0 (if above 0)
      - Nerf to embassy theft
      - Reset happens before the Influence reduction for stealing the tile from the City-State; so either way, you're going in the red

Stealing Tiles (Great General/America UA)
      - Adjusted diplo penalty for stealing tiles; slightly higher if a high value tile was stolen, lower otherwise
      - Natural Wonders, Luxury/Strategic Resources, Great Person Improvements, hill chokepoints and embassies are all considered "high value tiles"
      - Influence penalty for stealing from City-States is also lower if no high value tile was stolen, and now scales with era

War Score / War Damage
      Rewrote all the functions for this, fixed bugs, adjusted and equalized values, cleaned up the code
      Fixed a bug causing strange fluctuations in war score
      Value from killing an air/naval unit now depends on the strongest air/naval unit the other player can build, instead of always being compared to the strongest land unit
      Military skill rating, vassal protection, etc. no longer affected by the +25% war score buff from Total War
      Added functionality for the AI to accurately estimate how much damage other players have suffered in a war
      Did not remove city razing as a source of war score, after feedback from the community
      Stealing tiles via a Great General or America's UA now counts for war score (high value tiles count for more war score - except embassies)
      Feedback on this is requested! The calculation will behave differently, so please let me know if it seems too easy/too hard to gain war score.

Misc
      Removed AI vision bonus from difficulty from caravans/cargo ships

Also, just so y'all know, I will be going on a several week vacation in a week from now. :)

I will be able to respond on the forums or Github but will not be able to write/change code, as I won't have a computer.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  12. Voremonger

Voremonger Warlord

I played a little with this version and I like the changes that were done to diplomacy.
    The most significant improvement seemed to be that the AI were behaving more opportunistically than they were before.
    I was playing on a huge map with 12 players and at the end of the Renaissance Era two of the AI were killed through war.
    Those AI had a bad start and the other AI were abusing that fact, slowly but consistently taking their cities.
    I think it made the game feel more dynamic and immersive.

Also, it seemed to me like the AI are now better at forging alliances based on shared enemies and their own interests.
    One of the AI was neutral towards me but eventually wanted to declare friendship with me once the other AI started to form alliances against them.

Recursive likes this.
  13. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Second this. In my current game the AI are impressively aware of geopolitics.

I'm Rome and I've vassalized Germany and Sweden on my continent. Inca and Greece are the runaways on the other continent (a good 8 or so techs, 2-3 policies ahead of the field). Rather than be pissy at me for being a warmonger, Indonesia/Persia/Shoshone have befriended me, offered DPs, and are jointly DoWing Inca/Greece to try to slow them down. A human player in their shoes would behave the same way I think- placate the warmonger they are at parity with while trying to slow the tech/policy leaders.

Once the runaways are knocked down a peg I imagine their attitude towards me will likely fracture due to my aggression but in the meantime they are right to ally me against the more dire threats.

14. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

this one is surprise to me, though i tend not to keep up on the main version threads here and maybe i missed this discussion... whats the rationale? can this one be a customModOptions.xml flag? it strikes me as substantial gameplay change from what everyone's been used to since BNW settled vanilla

happy to give it a shot though. Can we get a 43-civ update too?

15. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

No, there wasn't any discussion on that AFAIK. ilteroi decided that for the sake of the code. I just hope that Air units are exception to that, despite "independent of domain" statement. Airports would be useless outside of CV if planes couldn't attack.

16. Recursive

Upcoming diplomacy changes for next version:
    Code:
    Adjusted opinion penalty for City-State coups
    - Now -30 (per coup) for former ally, 0 for everyone else
    - Everyone else (who cares) will still apply the penalty for lowering Influence, but this does not affect Opinion
    - Changed modifier text to "Our spies usurped their City-State Alliance in a coup d'état."

Fixed merge errors in ilteroi's DLL (broke leader information and resulted in a few incorrect values)

Removed a few useless memory values

Cleaned up DiploAIOptions.sql file
    - Original file was written when I was still really new to coding for this project, now looks a lot nicer :)
    - Added some new diplomacy options & fixed bugs with the current ones

New Options List (all options are savegame compatible)
    - Disable Victory Competition: Controls whether AI players compete for victory (whether they're aggressive towards other players who are making progress towards victory).
    Note that the AI may still be aggressive if they feel threatened by you, e.g. if you're conquering the world or gaining cultural influence over them - but they won't directly add any
    bonuses or penalties based on victory progress.

- Disable Endgame Aggression Boost: A separate option to disable the AI's endgame aggression boost/"panic mode". Is automatically enabled if "Disable Victory Competition" is enabled,
    but can be used to disable that specific feature without disabling all victory competition, for players who don't enjoy it.

- Enable Nuclear Gandhi: Whether Gandhi should become a psychotic megalomaniac if he gets nukes. Does nothing if nukes are disabled or Random Personalities is enabled.

- Show All Opinion Modifiers: If enabled, AIs are unable to hide modifiers from the player. Unlike Transparent Diplomacy, the number value of opinion modifiers is still hidden.
    Activating both options effectively duplicates Transparent Diplomacy, even if C4DF is not enabled.

- Show All Opinion Values: If enabled, the number value of all opinion modifiers is displayed in the opinion table. Unlike Transparent Diplomacy, modifiers can still be hidden from the player.
    Activating both options effectively duplicates Transparent Diplomacy, even if C4DF is not enabled.

- Show Base Human Opinion: It is possible to positively or negatively modify the AI's Opinion towards human players via OPINION_WEIGHT_BASE_HUMAN in DiploOpinionWeights.sql or AttitudeChange in DifficultyMod.xml.
    This will not normally generate an Opinion modifier in the table; AIs will just be more friendly/aggressive. If this option is enabled, a modifier explaining their inherent attitude change
    towards humans will be shown in the table of opinion modifiers. Transparent Diplomacy/Show All Opinion Modifiers activates this automatically.

- Passive Mode (Towards Humans): Makes all AI civilizations unable to declare war on human players (including teammates/Defensive Pacts/vassalage). AI civilizations already at war will still fight their opponents.
    Human players can still declare war normally. If any human players are ingame with this setting enabled, AI civilizations will never attempt Domination Victories.

- Passive Mode (Global): Makes all AI civilizations unable to declare war on other civilizations or City-States. AI civilizations already at war will still fight their opponents.
    Human players can still declare war normally. AI civilizations will never attempt Domination Victories if this setting is enabled (also disables added aggression weight for AIs that are close to domination victory).

- Aggressive Mode (Towards Humans): All AI players have their WAR and HOSTILE approach weights towards humans doubled.
    This is just for fun - not balanced at all! Does nothing if either Passive Mode setting is enabled.

- Aggressive Mode (Global): All AI players have their WAR and HOSTILE approach weights towards other civilizations doubled. All AI players have their BULLY and CONQUEST approach weights
    towards City-States doubled. Does nothing if Passive Mode (Global) is enabled. Does nothing towards humans if Passive Mode (Towards Humans) is enabled.

- Enable Debug Mode: If set to 1 or higher, activates Transparent Diplomacy and makes all AI civilizations display their true Approach towards human players as a modifier in their opinion table
    (replacing the modifier that explains the current approach towards you). All civilizations are forced to accept Share Approach requests from human players and they will share their true approach. 
    May add other things later. If set to 2, AI civilizations are forced to accept Discuss requests (i.e. don't settle near us, etc.) from human players.

According to ilteroi, it's for reasons of symmetry and to prevent many stacking issues that were arising in the code (see https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6724). If you want it customizable, you'd have to ask him about that.

I'm working on getting a build with the merge errors fixed, to resolve the "leader information not displaying" issue - when I do that I'll post a 43-civ version build.

Air units don't count.

Maxxim69, vyyt, Vhozite and 5 others like this.
  17. Voremonger

Voremonger Warlord

I think disallowing the stacking of Naval Units and embarked Land Units is a small step in the wrong direction when talking purely about gameplay.
    Currently the hardest part of warfare is to attack continental enemy territory without having any Cities on the continent yourself.
    In such cases not being able to shield embarked Land Units with Naval Units would increase attrition, mainly because you wouldn't be able to shield Land Units when you pull them out.
    I think that this will make bombers even better for defense because they would be able to kill embarked Land Units with ease, even if those Units were to stay outside the range of the defending Land Units.

In any case, I think that the overall impact of this change would be small.
    As a human player I almost always try to get a foothold through a City State when I try to invade another continent.
    AI players are not particularly good at shielding their embarked Land Units in the first place.

Helicopter Gunships and Zeppelins are made worse by this change because you can no longer use them to supplement your Naval Units' offensive capabilities but I think this won't matter in 95% of games.

Dimmy, Maxxim69, vyyt and 6 others like this.
  18. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Thank you :).
    I agree - I really like embarked units being able to stack. I think it was a matter of it being difficult to fix one thing without breaking (or at least affecting) something else unfortunately. If it helps on the code end of things I'm willing to live with it though, for a while at least.
    Interesting. It's probably not going to affect my decision-making but it does give some incentive to use GGs for territory during war which isn't something I do much.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    vyyt and Erikose like this.
  19. Patee

Patee Chieftain

Bug or should reinstall? (Sorry no knowledge of github)

Attached Files:

20. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

How do you steal an Embassy?