1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

thanks for reply and pinpoint on the stacking issue.. i haven't played through a game with this yet, but i foresee it as a major nerf to already maligned naval... now a strong friendly attack will blockade its own ground troops from landing.. it'd be one thing if shoot n scoot were still a thing but i imagine major limitations to effective naval attack

i understand the "symmetry" and efficiency reasoning and I think its a good lens through which to look for changes but this is very fundamental change to the game imo. tic tac toe is very symmetrical, and can be created with very few lines of code, but i don't wanna play it...

my gut is telling me the old one-unit-per-domain-type stacking was best (also the old code with numstackingunits in VP's tables leaves interesting options for modders), but willing to give it a chance; on the flipside to above concerns, maybe this will encourage smarter and more thoughtful positioning for both coastal defender and naval attacker

in unmodded VP, i think via citadel?

alternatively there are semi-popular mods that I think Recursive is trying to be thoughtful towards :goodjob:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Maxxim69 and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Strange. What mods allow stealing of embassy's? Do they give you the extra vote when done?

3. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Once it was changed that you no longer get a "land stolen" diplo penalty for using GG this during war I do this all the time. Particularly useful when you are in a defensive war and not trying to take on warmongering but trying to smack down unruly civs.

Vhozite and CppMaster like this.
  4. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

see this thread... i think there are others that do something similar with plots that some may be pairing with VP, not sure

embassy-stealing is really an afterthought there.. i don't think they give any votes, maybe tile yields, but it does allow another embassy to be created in my experience (ie you could steal someone else's and then immediately make your own)

JamesNinelives likes this.
  5. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

They don't give votes? That's a shame. I thought it's a main reason to steal an embassy.

6. a3kov

a3kov Warlord

I know you wanted to type SV, but I find it kinda funny that optimal CV includes building parts. Probably because the ending of CV is so long and boring, everybody switches to SV :lol:

JamesNinelives and CppMaster like this.
  7. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

After installing I get an error when I attempt to mouse over the civ icons in the top right hand side instead of getting a break down of relations

...(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files(EUI)\LUA\EUI_tooltip_library.lua:2654: attempt to call method 'GetNumPolicileslnBranchForDisplay' (a nil value)

8. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Steal it via a citadel or America's UA. If I'm not mistaken it nullifies the other player's embassy, reducing their vote count, and allows you to plant your own embassy.

Known issue. Working on getting a fix out.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  9. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

effectively it does, as most players will then make their own embassy... the votes are optional but included, i guess you could say

CppMaster likes this.
  10. Recursive

Additional diplomacy changes for next version (I feel productive today!)
    Code:
    Added new diplomacy AI options to DiploAIOptions.sql (savegame compatible, as always).

All of these options only affect the AI's messages to human players on their own turn - humans can still interact with the AI normally if they choose to.

Disable Insult Messages: Prevents AI from sending insult-type messages to humans. (NOTE: Some of these messages come with a chance to provoke the AI into declaring war. Disabling these will remove that chance.)

Disable Compliment Messages: Prevents AI from sending compliment-type messages such as "we're happy you befriended our friend" or "we liked your resolution" to humans.

Disable Friendship Requests: Prevents AI from requesting Declarations of Friendship from humans.

Disable Gift Offers: Prevents AI from offering gifts to humans.

Disable Help Requests: Prevents AI from requesting help from humans.

Disable Trade Offers: Prevents AI from making trade offers to humans (excluding peace offers).

Disable Peace Offers: Prevents AI from requesting peace from humans. (NOTE: Third party peace is considered a trade offer)

Disable All Statements: Prevents AI from sending any messages to human players, including popups from returning civilians, stealing territory or declaring war
    (I have not yet figured out how to stop the war popup when the human declares war, but aside from that they should be silent).

Tweak to Passive Mode option:
    - Passive Mode (Towards Humans) option will not block AI from pursuing Domination Victory in an AI-only game.

- If the AI is in the (very rare) position where it can win a Domination Victory in its current war state, but would not be able to continue if it made peace with player(s)
    (because a player still has original capitals, and it'd be unable to declare war due to Passive Mode), then a special case has been added to make AI able to pursue Domination Victory and more reluctant to make peace.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Maxxim69, James Ryle, a3kov and 8 others like this.
  11. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I will give it a try, but I'll be honest changes like this should go to the forums first. I get the rationale for it, but it is a significant gam
    Are these settings I could adjust mid game? For example, for most of the game I want all the messages, but towards late game I would love to turn them all off. Is that possible with these settings?

12. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

It's all optional, so no problem.
    Yes. That's what "savegame compatible" means.

13. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

Does anyone know how do i revert the changes to AI handicap bonuses scaling with game speed, i want to get this out of the way to see if it has anything to do with the unhappiness issue i have.

vyyt likes this.
  14. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

It does at least take a vote away from whoever owned it, if I understand correctly? Because their embassy is no longer within city-state territory :).
    Could be either. I haven't seen it before, try reinstalling VP first.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  15. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yes, you understand correctly, I do this quite often and AI did it to me too (so now I always consider carefully on which tile to plop my embassy).

A few posts up, @Recursive says it's a bug in current release.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  16. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I do this too now XD. Once I actually stole my own embassy by accident lol. Although I'm most familiar with loosing embassies to Venice - starting next to them can be a real pain!
    You're right! Well noted.

vyyt likes this.
  17. Recursive

Here is ilteroi's patch with a fix for merge errors (should fix the leader display issue and a couple other bugs). Savegame compatible with ilteroi's current patch, not savegame compatible with the 6-19-2 release. A 43 Civs version is included, simply download that .zip file instead.

Same instructions as for ilteroi's patch: replace the DLL and PDB files in your MODS > (1) Community Patch folder (if the PDB file is not there, insert it in the same folder as the DLL file).

Attached Files:

18. Recursive

@Gazebo I think we should really make the PDB file part of the installation process, since it seems to be useful in debugging and is only ~33 MB or so in size.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Gazebo, JamesNinelives and glider1 like this.
  19. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

It turns out all the city ranged strike bonus (Justice, God of War etc.) are doubled from the stated value. It might be the reason why we find tradition cities and lategame cities (with Military Base) too strong. I've submitted a bug report on Github.

20. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

I often steal my own embassy with purpose, especially if I have picked the godly inspiration reformation belief, giving GPTI extra faith and science. They give a lot of overall yields.
    If there is a good spot where I can steal good tiles from a CS, I plant an embassy in that area and later on, if I have a GD but no more embassy to build, I use a citadel and immidiatly plant a new embassy in that CS.

Akbarthegreat, vyyt and DeAnno like this.