1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Technically in the code when a unit is "captured", the original unit is killed and a copy is created - so the AI isn't wrong. :)

Also, the new "Aggressive Mode" setting I added (which doubles WAR/HOSTILE approach scores towards all players) will be automatically enabled if you start a game with only Domination and/or Time Victory enabled (Time victory being off or on doesn't matter). If you wanna play a vicious free-for-all, you can turn off Science/Culture/Diplomatic victories. :)

Maxxim69, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. vuko

vuko Chieftain

@Recursive you said that AIs on the other side of the world can be bribed by other AIs to go to war and that they may or may not actually help during the war. Now my question is why would someone bribe someone on the other side of the world to join a war? Does the AI know that the bribed empire is too far away, too small, to weak to actually do something when offering the bribe?

3. Voremonger

Voremonger Warlord

@Recursive Does the WAR/HOSTILE approach influence what Policies/Technologies the AI are prioritizing?
    On that note, is the WAR/HOSTILE approach influenced by Casus Belli/Global Peace Accords?

4. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

You can't trade with them and they destroy TRs their territory. Also they gain diplo boost for fighting against common enemy.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  5. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Just a heads up for people still using the 6/19 version rather than 6/19/2, this patch seems to cause CTDs for me when used with 6/19. I'm going to try 6/19/2 again with this new patch, maybe the fixes will help with the issues I was experiencing before.

Edit: nope, still getting CTD on very early turns even with no other mods, as per the bug reports already on Github. Oh well.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  6. Swiftsmurfs

Swiftsmurfs Chieftain

Is this version usable for multiplayer yet?

and if so does it also solve not being able to attack other players? or is there some kind of bug / option that is not right?

7. Recursive

CppMaster answered this. Not sure how much distance affects valuation, however.

I know for sure that the general diplomatic situation can influence the AI to build larger militaries. I haven't looked at tech/policy selection AI at all, but I would assume it has some effect.

Casus Belli: +2x WAR/HOSTILE bias, -2x FRIENDLY/NEUTRAL bias

Global Peace Accords: -2x WAR/HOSTILE bias, +2x FRIENDLY/NEUTRAL bias

It does have an effect, although in the grand scheme of things it's not an immense change or anything. Might bump it up a bit later.

Not being able to attack other players? I haven't heard of this bug yet. I suggest reporting it on Github.

Maxxim69 likes this.
  8. Swiftsmurfs

Swiftsmurfs Chieftain

Hm alright, probably hard to really explain since its litterly we start a game and try to attack eachother without being on the same team and we just cant.

9. Recursive

Well, assuming it isn't a mod conflict or something, that sounds like a pretty gamebreaking bug. Bug report would be appreciated!

JamesNinelives likes this.
  10. Swiftsmurfs

Swiftsmurfs Chieftain

Yeah it cant really be a mod conflict considering the only mod we have installed is the VP EUI mod, we already tried differend versions of it (beta and stable) but we just cant see to declare war on eachother at all whereas in basegame we can

Not sure how i'd go about reporting this issue

11. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Anyone else having strategic resources disappear on them? In my current game I show having a total of zero Iron. The game shows that I am gaining 4 local resources (2 from city state and 2 from iron works), it shows none being used or traded, but yet shows my total as zero?

I can't upgrade units that require iron so it seems the game really thinks I have zero.

However.. if I go to trade with another civ all of a sudden for trading purposes, I have 4 iron, but once I leave the dilpo screen my total iron is back to zero.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  12. James Ryle

James Ryle Chieftain

Wait I shall with bated breath :)

At about turn 100, 3 civs had attacked me. Interestingly though not the bloodthirsty Songai who were the closet to me.

One thing I just noticed is that I have 2 trade routes supplying food and both are giving double the amount of food they should.

13. Solic

Solic Chieftain

I have also experienced this issue with the latest Recursive dll. It gives +34 of all strategic resources.

JamesNinelives and Duomo1334 like this.
  14. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Hey I am having an issue with Vox Populi with EUI. I am using the current build and only the current build; I have no other mods loaded alongside 6-19-2. When I load into a game I am getting a series of Texture Load Error messages. When I load the game you can see that the UI is missing many parts. The tech tree is empty and I cannot even tell if or when I have a unit selected. I used the automatic installer, but I have to wonder if EUI is not being installed correctly. Has anyone else had this issue?

15. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yes, this happens when your Civ5 is in a non-standard location - or as we have learnt recently, more precisely, when you moved or reinstalled the game and the Windows registry still remembers the old location.

You can either manually move EUI from the wrong = standard location on drive C: (run a search for the ui_bc1 folder) to the correct = non-standard location (the DLC folder of your Civ5).

Or you can update the Civ5 location in the Windows registry - refer to the latest posts in the install thread.

16. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Thanks for the answer. Was just coming back to say that I figured it out. Though I just reinstalled Civ to the C drive. Thanks this was the first time I played with VP while having Civ in a non-standard drive. I hope if anyone else has this issue they see this and it helps. Thanks again.

Erikose, vyyt, Maxxim69 and 1 other person like this.
  17. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

So, this patch brought a first in a few games - the AI nuked me! Bravo to the dev's, who have continued to make the AI better

18. stii

stii King

Yeah I had this happen to me too. It seemed like they are only willing to nuke cities so they mostly nuked their own cities after I took them, the Russians taking scorched earth to a new level.

vyyt and tothePAIN like this.
  19. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

I had my capital nuked a few times.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  20. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Does VP tweak the AI nuke logic? I have had cities nuked even in vanilla. I still see AI stuffing their carriers with nukes, send them to my shores and then hesitate long enough for me to sink the carriers before they nuke me properly - see @Stalker0 's report on GitHub.