New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he deactivate the previous one?
There's no such functionality in account settings. He would have needed to ask administration to somehow deactivate or fix his former account. Which again is fishy, if they will choose to not help him.

Last edited:
Hi, can someone point me towards the files related to air interceptions? I think I figured out the cause for plane interception animations to not play (or just do this weird circle around the city)

So ever since the Jan version interception has been changed to the attacker (bomber or fighter) not dealing damage to the target when intercepted (though for the Jan version it's infinite damage instead lol), so I think to the game it counts as the battle not happening, so the animation does not play.

So I think the solution to that might be to have the attacker (bomber/fighter) to do a reduced amount of damage instead of doing 0, it might solve the glitchy plane animation as before January 2020 (and in vanilla civ 5) the animations played fine, so I think it has something to do with the change.

So.... nobody knows which files dictate air interception stuff?

Last edited:
Thanks a ton.

I am one of those role-playing players so I love changes like this.

I remember way back when ideologies would play a bigger role in AI aggression. It was cool because it created late game "teams". Super interesting, but now a non factor that gets buried under things like "territorial disputes" that cause the majority of the world to just all hate each other. Plus you quickly get major warmonger hate from taking a city in a defensive war.. then forget happy interaction. Since the AI are happy to take cities from each other during war, defensive or not, they all end up in a big mass of hate.

If it was up to me the half warmonger from defensive wars would be added back. I also have a feeling liberating cities is not choping off much war hate anymore. Pretty such it's always "barley notice" now. Might even be actually adding war hate? Will test next non-bugged release.

Edit: also the way over use of defense packs makes every war massive world war past a certain point. Increasing the overall world wide hate.

There was never -50% warmongering in defensive wars, though...but Defensive Pacts should be more limited in the next version. I fixed bugs with warmongering penalties for next version as well.

So.... nobody knows which files dictate air interception stuff?

I would guess CvUnit, CvUnitMovement and CvUnitCombat, but I really don't know. Ask ilteroi on Github.

ilteroi explained the issue here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6812#issuecomment-664782130

No secret pacts, just some kind of technical error that he ran out of patience to get fixed. Let's try not to spread unfounded rumors, guys.
Of the admins, @leif erikson is the most active AFAIK, so probably best to contact him at least as a starter point. Maybe when he's online.
But then it might be useful to have ilteroi stuck in Github as a prime reminder that bug reports go there.

No secret pacts, just some kind of technical error. Let's try not to spread unfounded rumors, guys.
The fact that he got no response from administration being one of the major contributors? Gazebo having problems with updating Vox Populi on Steam, so more people can see it and play it? Look, I don't want to be some conspiracy theorist, but it must have irked the guys at Firaxis that Gazebo, an unpaid true Civfanatic built with ilteroi the game Civ5 should have been from the beginning and one thousand times better than Civ6 can ever be while having multi-million dollar company behind itself.

Look, I don't want to be some conspiracy theorist, but it must have irked the guys at Firaxis that Gazebo, an unpaid true Civfanatic built with ilteroi the game Civ5 should have been from the beginning and one thousand times better than Civ6 can ever be while having multi-million dollar company behind itself.
Nah, I doubt they even care about VP. I imagine they just care that Civ6 has good sales numbers: https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilization-vi/civ-6-player-numbers regardless if some Civ5 mod is better than that or not.
From their perspective, I would treat VP one of the reasons to buy Civ5 with all DLCs, so I wouldn't be against it. We don't really know the details of this VP on Steam situation, do we?

The fact that he got no response from administration being one of the major contributors? Gazebo having problems with updating Vox Populi on Steam, so more people can see it and play it? Look, I don't want to be some conspiracy theorist, but it must have irked the guys at Firaxis that Gazebo, an unpaid true Civfanatic built with ilteroi the game Civ5 should have been from the beginning and one thousand times better than Civ6 can ever be while having multi-million dollar company behind itself.

CivFanatics =/= Firaxis. There is some evidence that Firaxis are not the greatest fans of VP - but to claim that they're responsible for ilteroi's account issues here when there are five subforums and Gazebo is not banned is patently absurd.

There is some evidence that Firaxis are not the greatest fans of VP
You admit that yourself and I was mostly referencing the Steam thing, not account issue. But again Gazebo used a word "busted" which struck me as implying some interference.
but to claim that they're responsible for ilteroi's account issues here when there are five subforums and Gazebo is not banned is patently absurd.
It's not, when you try to undermine something, you should to do it subtly, so the people involved would see that as technical issues and disregard thought of inference as "patently absurd". Removing subforums and banning Gazebo would create a gigantic backlash from the community. Little trouble here and there, wings of VP and its outreach are cut but no one suspects anything. I am not stating some like this happened, it was hypothetical conjecture on the nature of subversion, but all of it is really enigmatic.

@Cokolwiek if all your talking about is hypotheticals then please make it very clear that is the case. What you think Gazebo implied, or what you think Ilteroi may have meant is different from what we can say is objectively true.

The world has enough trouble with conspiracy theories right now, and misinformation does real harm. It can break communities like this apart. You may not agree with everything Recursive said, but that doesn't mean you have to argue every little point. You've said your part. Take a moment to breathe and let other people share their experiences.

Moderator Action: It is always better to ask someone a question than delve into conspiracies. CivFanatics is a fan site and not connected with Firaxis or 2K in any way. CFC has long had an issue with some European email providers that consider us as spammers and have deleted our emails to members. I have been contacted about ilteroi and am trying to resolve the problem. If you have an issue with something the site does, please ask and don't participate in this type of conspiracy theorizing. It doesn't help anything.

edit - asking a question means starting a conversation with me or any of the other Admins. Thanks.

For Tradition, if I'm in an isolated area (like my own continent) 5 cities....otherwise 6. I used to play 5 pretty exclusively but over time I use 6 more and more... while its a bit weaker in the culture game its much more well rounded, I get a better science base and more hammers for a military and diplomatic units to round out my play.

I think 4 cities is too few in a competitive game, in the times that I got cut off with only 4, my plan shifts toward early conquest to break out of the stranglehold.

Thanks Stalker0, I'll definitely be more focused on those 2 world congress proposals if I get stuck for culture in the future.

If you have found 6 to be optimum for Tradition start... what about Progress? This makes me think my view on Progress going with 7 cities is quite low. 7 gives me just enough to spread all the G W/A/M Guilds out nicely. But... now that I think about it, I might have a subconscious bias to lower amount of cities because I like to mindfully be their for the finish of each building that is built in a city and watch the numbers it produces go up. It gives me a little endorphin hit.
If I have too many cities then there is too much going on and my brain chemistry gets diluted and I don't feel much as I play and tend to drift from the actual now experience of the game then I'm more likely to not finish the game. Maybe I should just try a 1 city challenge! :)

If I have too many cities then there is too much going on and my brain chemistry gets diluted and I don't feel much as I play and tend to drift from the actual now experience of the game then I'm more likely to not finish the game. Maybe I should just try a 1 city challenge! :)

I very much understand this mentality:) One trick that helps me, often I fall into the slump of "city needs a building pick a building, next city needs a building, I pick a building"...which starts to make me lazy. Sometimes I will stop, consciously go back to a city, and then pick its next 3-4 buildings. That way I am only dealing with my cities every so often, and I tend to think more about my decision.

I very much understand this mentality:) One trick that helps me, often I fall into the slump of "city needs a building pick a building, next city needs a building, I pick a building"...which starts to make me lazy. Sometimes I will stop, consciously go back to a city, and then pick its next 3-4 buildings. That way I am only dealing with my cities every so often, and I tend to think more about my decision.

I already create a city load order. It’s one of my favourite things to do in the game :) (I played for ages without knowing I could create a load order) BUT I only just found out that I can change the load order around! I used to make my order then change my mind in few turns and have to delete the whole thing to put a different building on top! Ahhh the good auld days...

What happens with me now is I'm just trying to connect to the game as I play but if too many buildings (or Units) are being created then I'm not there with each one. Also, I'm not aware of the next building being built in exactly what city because the notification just says... 'starting construction on Mandir' or somesuch. Of course I can just look but if there are too many things that my mind can’t fully engage with, experience and meaningfully keep track of then I start to lose interest in the game. (Edit - lose interest = my mind is less engaged & motivated to keep playing).
Which is a shame because I want to keep playing!! :)

Last edited:
There was never -50% warmongering in defensive wars, though...but Defensive Pacts should be more limited in the next version. I fixed bugs with warmongering penalties for next version as well.

Hmm.. would have put money down that Civ5 vanilla did. Looking over the Wiki and I can't find any evidence of such. Mandela effect I guess.

I already create a city load order. It’s one of my favourite things to do in the game :) (I played for ages without knowing I could create a load order) BUT I only just found out that I can change the load order around! I used to make my order then change my mind in few turns and have to delete the whole thing to put a different building on top! Ahhh the good auld days...

What happens with me now is I'm just trying to connect to the game as I play but if too many buildings (or Units) are being created then I'm not there with each one. Also, I'm not aware of the next building being built in exactly what city because the notification just says... 'starting construction on Mandir' or somesuch. Of course I can just look but if there are too many things that my mind can’t fully engage with, experience and meaningfully keep track of then I start to lose interest in the game. (Edit - lose interest = my mind is less engaged & motivated to keep playing).
Which is a shame because I want to keep playing!! :)

It wouldn't be too hard to change it to say "Work has begun on a X in the city of Y"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom