1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I've gone down a difficult on this patch playing Epic speed. I spend a lot of time playing on Emperor and I did win a few but only those with exceptional starts. As mentioned above, founding a religion is the most difficult part - if I'm able to do that everything else is fine. Now I'm on King and honestly it's still challenging enough for me to be interesting :). Playing on a lower difficulty means I can also try things I wouldn't normally do and still have a chance at winning.

I think overall I don't mind the changes in this patch. I do think founding seems harder than on standard speed though, and that should be addressed somehow if possible. It makes the focus of early-game the same every time at the moment, which is a bit tedious. I think it also kinda pushes the player to go for domination or at least early agression because currently it's easier to conquer an enemy holy city than it is to found your own (at least for me).

Erikose likes this.
  2. extraneo

extraneo Chieftain

My game crashes upon Mods loading when Community Patch base only is turned on. I have no other dll mods. Downloaded and installed from downloads folder

edit: I have many of JFD's civilizations just recently installed

UPDATE: The cause of crash was DMS' Civilizations - Portugal (Antonio Salazar) (v 4). JDF's ones are fine!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    JamesNinelives and vyyt like this.
  3. black_rider

black_rider Chieftain

So, can someone say its safe to play with this latest version ? Are there some game-breaking bugs there ?

4. FreedomSS

FreedomSS Chieftain

Gotten 1 CTD so far, which was fixed by removing the civ that causes the CTD, other than that it runs fine. (latest version being the july 29th patch)

5. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Ive got a mission from a CS to build 0 councils and immidiatly finished the mission and allied the CS.... :mischief:

6. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Did he give the quest on a turn you completed a council in a city? I've had that happen before.

DeAnno and JamesNinelives like this.
  7. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

It's not easy to predict unfortunately. The base file (6/19/2) is OK if you disable Morocco. The dll hotfixes (one fixes Morocco, the other fixes planes disappearing) which can be found in the comments will either work perfectly or will crash consistently on early turns. So if you're willing to give them a go you should find out pretty quickly.

8. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

I am sorry, i should have asked for more details. What size map? what speed?
    I am feeling like the 1 production per policy point of authority to be fantastic for most players, as a way to stay up on city infrastructure. This is critical to almost all aspects of early to mid game. Tradition is interesting because it seems great at first- capitol is doing great, have some good chances at wonders and policy and science and religion are all going great, but then you realize that your satellite cities are growing way beyond their infrastructure by mid game, unless you are very careful about locking tiles.
    Progress is the odd duck now, i think.

9. ICanHasName?

ICanHasName? Warlord

It does seem like authority does everything. Early boost with that settler, excellent per city happiness and yields, great culture from barb farming. Plus its actual purpose of bonuses to military.

10. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Authority is crazy good. Even if you don't plan on attacking yourself, chances are you will need to defend early on. Honestly the free settler doesn't "fit" authority. Probably should get a general instead.

Progress is risky. If you can expand fast it has good long term pay offs, but if you muck it up it's an early game fail.

Tradition is alright. It can be played tall which usually is easier and do ok with lots of great people.

Dimmy likes this.
  11. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

I can't convert my own cities into my own religion using inquisitors - when a city hasn't got a majority religion. Has this been changed or is this a bug? It's really anoying and leads to having all my cities reaping no benefits from any religion!

12. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

It's intended

13. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

But why? It's hard as it is trying to spread my religion as India. :)

Dimmy and JamesNinelives like this.
  14. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Are you Sure?

15. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Sorry, I don't know

16. Rosie McCattail

Rosie McCattail Chieftain

Yeah, the game crashes in the early turns with these new fixes. The release worked smooth, not a single crash, even though my PC is kinda potato-ish.

Dimmy and JamesNinelives like this.
  17. Maxxim69

Maxxim69 Chieftain

Sorry for the useless meta-observation, but this is now by far the longest discussion for any single version of CPP / Vox Populi and the longest wait between versions we’ve had in my memory.

While I’m at it, I would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has helped this community effort by contributing code, art, bug reports, useful suggestions, constructive discussions, or anything else of value. You guys are awesome.

18. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Well.. we sort have been getting new versions. Because they haven't been released in traditional means no new thread has been created.

19. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I hope Gazebo is doing alright.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  20. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Gazebo has been recovering from a head cold - but might be back to work on VP this weekend.

Inquisitor issue is a bug, I think ilteroi fixed it in his July 29 patch.