1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

If you don't give a free settler to Authority, you can't devote all your resources to your army and still hope to grab some strategics. It needs it.

Kim Dong Un, vyyt and Erikose like this.
  2. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

I disagree. The point of authority is to use your army as an active tool. This means burning down neighbor cities or even just out right keeping them.

It's the same with progress for example. People are complaining that it's need a unit bonus to stay competive. That not the point of progress. Each starting policy group needs a strength and a weakness. Else what's the point of choice?

Also, there is nothing stopping people from mixing policies from multiple trees to adjust for what is occurring in their game world.

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

It is intended that you can't inquisit a non-majority city.

bigcat88 and JamesNinelives like this.
  4. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

And yes, I'm doing fine - I had intended to do catch-up last weekend but my cold compounded into a double ear infection, which is not great for...anything. Feeling better now. Praise medicine!

G

5. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

So it's not a virus which is holding back VP but a bacteria...

Kim Dong Un, Ziad and Gazebo like this.
  6. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

It was actually a chancery, not a council, and no.... I didnt have any chancery in any of my cities. Simply got yields and CS alliance for free.

7. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Simply.... why? This makes no sense.... I can purge other religions if the city has my or other religion, but not, if it has no major religion? Why making it so complicated with extra rules?

8. stii

stii Prince

Is there a way to convert a city that has a mix of religions then?

I conquered a size 10 city and it was something like 3/2/2/2/1. So I can't use an inquistor to flip it but a missionary doesn't really work either as each spread is converting less than one person. It isn't a huge issue but it is a bit weird that I can convert cities from civs that have a strong faith but a city from a civ who didn't found is often almost impossible to convert.

9. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Great prophet, lots of missionaries or pressure from other cities.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Oh just throwing out that I like where Earth Mother is at now. Its a tough found, but a doable one on Emperor with the right terrain...and the culture bonus is pretty solid.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I had a king game where I built Stonehenge and went earth mother (copper monopoly) and failed to found. The last religion was on turn 116. Earth mother is probably possible, but I found it too weak on faith. Even a single source of iron revealed later probably would have saved me, but it just wasn’t in the cards.

stone henge but no religion is a reroll.

12. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

My current game as Emperor I also went for Stonehenge and Earth Mother pantheon (gold monopoly) and I had no problem founding, even when I build monument -> shrine in every city. I found 2nd as Germany, after India. The difference might be that I use just VP, while you probably use your 3&4UC mod mod and maybe some other mod mods that affects balance? Do you play on Standard speed?
    Why? Isn't Stonehenge mostly for pantheon? Why is no religion with Stonehenge so worse than no religion without it?

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

You can also get a pantheon from just a shrine, which costs a lot less to build than Stonehenge.

14. Rosie McCattail

Rosie McCattail Chieftain

Might I just report that while with the second patch the game crashes at turn 8 or something, reverting the game to the first patch caused Bismark to forget Realpolitik and switch to Furer Teutonics (from vanilla?), even though on game setup screen he had Realpolitik and the game crashed when I tried to start a playthorough the second time after not believing my eyes on the load screen (wanted to check if the trait has been swapped, it hasn't, but to do that had to exit).

15. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Stonehenge gives a free council, 1 engineer point and a pantheon earlier. Is building a Stonehenge instead of shrine that expensive in production that it's worth a reroll if you don't get a religion 80 turns later?

16. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Stonehenge is a pretty bad wonder if you don't going for a religion. 150 hammers that early is a big deal. I personally don't reroll very often, but I can understand how it's frustrating to miss a religion after investing so much into one.

17. stii

stii Prince

Yeah it is a huge early game investment. If you think you are missing a reasonable amount of the time it isn't worth it at all.

Reroll or not depends what you are trying to achieve but missing does suggest you need to pick a different pantheon if your goal is win as many games as possible.

18. Rosie McCattail

Rosie McCattail Chieftain

I've tried to roll back to the release version of the CP with all the bonuses but my saves won't load now, I'm getting CTDs. Can I get any advice on troubleshooting?

Upd: is there by any chance a discord server for CP?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  19. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Have you deleted the cache between the updates? This could theoretically help you with reverting. I suppose you did not fiddle with any extra mods in between the updates?

20. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I wouldn't mind a minor buff to Earth Mother. I don't think Earth Mother is terrible, but it's not quite as strong as the top-performing pantheons at the moment. That said, I'd like to see minor changes to a number of pantheons - Renewal and Hunt could both use a little more faith (even at the cost of other yields), and I think Nature deserves more yields somewhere.

Getting a religion after building Stonehenge is high-probablility but not 100%. Certainly building Stonehenge is a big deal, but other factors like religious civ vs. non-religious civ, early religious city states, and faith from ruins can all contribute to unexpected success/failure.