New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a religion after building Stonehenge is high-probablility but not 100%. Certainly building Stonehenge is a big deal, but other factors like religious civ vs. non-religious civ, early religious city states, and faith from ruins can all contribute to unexpected success/failure.
Yeah and build order. Shrine 1st instead of monument in non capital cities can make a difference

Getting a religion after building Stonehenge is high-probablility but not 100%. Certainly building Stonehenge is a big deal, but other factors like religious civ vs. non-religious civ, early religious city states, and faith from ruins can all contribute to unexpected success/failure.

The biggest random factor in if you get a religion this patch on high difficulty (Immortal+) is how many Tradition AI there are, really. Well, I lie, 2nd biggest because religion CS are nuts.

The biggest random factor in if you get a religion this patch on high difficulty (Immortal+) is how many Tradition AI there are, really. Well, I lie, 2nd biggest because religion CS are nuts.

This.

I count Tradition AI and then look at the beliefs for the AI to figure out if I even have a chance at a religion. Certain beliefs have a good chance at founding even for non tradition AI, at least for the AI. Otherwise its God of All Creation as my Pantheon.

There was a suggestion to have the AI A/B/C bonuses trigger over several turns after a triggering event. Is this possible?

Notice in the new patch AI seems hyper aggressive spreading their own religion. Went on a defensive war with one just to close my boarders long enough to give me time to shore up my own religion. As soon as peace was made an army of missionary's went across my boarders to completely wiped my religion.

Went on a defensive war with one just to close my boarders long enough to give me time to shore up my own religion.

The way to do that is wait for the AI to have 3+ missionaries wandering into your territory at once, declare war and kill them all. Your scout and a couple horses are very good for this job. Will not only delay the issue but also permanently destroy a decent chunk of Faith.

Religious City-States have been nerfed for next version to 1 Faith for Friends and 2 Faith for Allies (Ancient Era).

Does he have anything to even give you for that city? Looking at that screen he controls no luxes, no strategics, and he has no GPT. Looks like basically everything is greyed out actually.

Notice that too. As an experiment I traded him a ton of GPT and some luxuries. Still won't take his capital back.

I so miss the old days when trade was slightly exploitable, but we didn't have heavy handed and seemingly applied randomly "impossible" deals.

What are the classical era numbers?

Any changes to other CS?

No changes to other CS (yet).

Not sure about the higher numbers, I can't read the code.

Never mind, managed to find the values:
Code:
Insustrial - Friends: 12, Allies: 12
Renaissance - Friends: 9, Allies: 9
Medieval - Friends: 7, Allies: 7
Classical - Friends: 5, Allies: 5
Ancient - Friends: 1 (was 2), Allies: 2 (was 3)

Discuss away. :)

Edit: Note that the Allies value is added to the Friends value.

Last edited:
Never mind, managed to find the values:
Code:
Insustrial - Friends: 12, Allies: 12
Renaissance - Friends: 9, Allies: 9
Medieval - Friends: 7, Allies: 7
Classical - Friends: 5, Allies: 5
Ancient - Friends: 1 (was 2), Allies: 2 (was 3)

Discuss away. :)
Does anybody really care, if you get now 1 instead of 2 faith in ancient, if the faith in classical is 5?
Is there any chance, that mercantile CS could get a buff, cause... 1 gold in comparison to any other yield type is ludicrous low....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom