New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple XP bug

I know this isn’t a fix, but do the governor focuses still work? Could you maybe use the city focus on growth to prevent starvation?

Did Kasbahs get changed to not require being built adjacent to cities? In my current game Morocco has them all built away from their cities.

Also, I have a negative modifier with Morocco that I pillaged his trade routes even though we've never been at war so that should be impossible. Is that actually a negative modifier for him pillaging mine at some point but just showing up in his list of diplomatic modifiers towards me?

Triple XP bug

I know this isn’t a fix, but do the governor focuses still work? Could you maybe use the city focus on growth to prevent starvation?

can you go into more detail about the bug?

the food governer focus tends to have them pick pitiful 2 food grasslands over any other tile that may be improved hut has less food, certainly less than ideal.

can you go into more detail about the bug?

the food governer focus tends to have them pick pitiful 2 food grasslands over any other tile that may be improved hut has less food, certainly less than ideal.

On the last patch, you would get triple XP in certain scenarios. Siege units some of the time but almost always when hitting cities. Archers inconsistently. Skirmisher line consistently 6 XP. Even melee and calvary units sometimes got 15XP. I ended up with Artillery with range, logistics, splash II, volley, etc. It was how I pushed forward offensively on deity.

It seems there are multiple different bugs in this version. I would advise anyone who wants a stable playthrough to stay clear of it and continue to support the team so they could fix this beta as soon as possible. There are several threads open on the Github, please share your experiences and report relevant information there. Here's the link. It will speed up to clear everything now and release of the next stable version.

Last edited:
To me perhaps this locked tile "bug" seems intentional. Like a test to implement some new mechanic. Becuz...why not? If works its all good. Let the governor do the dirty work.

To me perhaps this locked tile "bug" seems intentional. Like a test to implement some new mechanic. Becuz...why not? If works its all good. Let the governor do the dirty work.
It is not intentional and it does not work.

So it seems like there are two different issues, so just to make it clearer:

1. Governor is selecting bad tiles, sometimes staving the city. This bug has been in previous versions.

2. Not being able to lock tiles. This is new to this version, and it makes it very difficult to micromanage cities.

3. Some people report Morocco Kasbah bug.

Why not? Well because it completely removed the aspect of citizen management. There are definitely cases where I want to prioritize certain tiles that the governor just won't do. Like for instance, you could have every city be like a puppet city - what it produces is chosen automatically. But this would remove the aspect of management and would not be a great idea.

It is possible still to lock tiles, it's just a bit biggy and you have to work around it. This is what has worked for me:

1. Click on assgined tile to make citizen unemployed
2. Click on the same tile again; it will not be locked
3. Click on the tile you want it to work; it will now lock.

Ideally this will be fixed but I should emphasize that it's still possible to lock tiles; it's just a bit more annoying.

Unrelated to the citizen thing, but somehow in my game the Inca have 34 Uranium, and it's the Renaissance. I'm playing on Standard size, and though they did take Statecraft there aren't that many CS so I'm confused how they could get that many. Same with Horses.
Spoiler :
upload_2020-6-21_14-11-0.png

Unrelated to the citizen thing, but somehow in my game the Inca have 34 Uranium, and it's the Renaissance. I'm playing on Standard size, and though they did take Statecraft there aren't that many CS so I'm confused how they could get that many. Same with Horses.

I think it's related to a thread already opened on Github. Someone has reported 103 coal from a city-state. Report here, please, so the devs can see: Link.

GUYS BIG NEWS: It looks like Ilteroi found the source of tile locking bug. Press X to pray for quick hotfix.
More info here.
And also the summary of the current state of fixing the beta from @Recursive here.

Last edited:
The problem is more than just bad governor selection, it is that you can't lock tiles normally. You could lock tiles before, now you cannot.
Yeah i wasnt clear.

Mplayer; setup the tiles manually using lock. End turn. Resync. Boom the workers have moved around. Couple with that bad governor selection starving populations to death...

I've fixed a couple of bugs and typos for the hotfix, whenever that is.

One fix I think people will be happy about: I've tested and pushed a fix for the longstanding "opener not counted in policy count" issue. Opening a policy branch will now correctly display (for example) "1 tradition", getting the first policy "2 tradition", and so on.

Additionally, I've tweaked the diplo AI to not apply a diplo penalty when one player has 0 policy branches unlocked and the other has 1 policy branch unlocked (so higher difficulty players will not get more AI aggression right off the bat due to a lack of culture).

This fix also remedies a small visual bug in this version where the "similar/divergent Social Policies" modifier is displayed incorrectly.

I've fixed a couple of bugs and typos for the hotfix, whenever that is.

One fix I think people will be happy about: I've tested and pushed a fix for the longstanding "opener not counted in policy count" issue. Opening a policy branch will now correctly display (for example) "1 tradition", getting the first policy "2 tradition", and so on.

Additionally, I've tweaked the diplo AI to not apply a diplo penalty when one player has 0 policy branches unlocked and the other has 1 policy branch unlocked (so higher difficulty players will not get more AI aggression right off the bat due to a lack of culture).

This fix also remedies a small visual bug in this version where the "similar/divergent Social Policies" modifier is displayed incorrectly.

Are hot-fixes usually save game compatible?

Are hot-fixes usually save game compatible?

Usually, yes, but I think there are memory modifications in this one so it might not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom