New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
did the battle AI get nerfed from ~year ago? i remember playing with this mod last year and every time the AI declares war it brings in ton of units to attack your cities (even ai's that were across the ocean) and was really challenging. playing with the latest release rn and every time AI declares war it literally does nothing other than sue for peace after 11 turns...doesnt even trying to bring any units to attack even if its neighboring AI. Is it possible to download the version of this mod from ~year ago?
They were probably bribed into the war and were not really interested in fighting you?

They were probably bribed into the war and were not really interested in fighting you?
earlier i was like 8/10th in military score and total score and i declared war on 2nd/10th military power and 1st overall total score civ bc saw a settler coming near where i wanted to settle....i captured the settler into worker then AIs big city was near mine and it had way more units than me but never once did it come to attack....just sued to peace after 11 turns. emperor difficulty if that matters.

i remember playing this ~ year ago and denmark declared war on me who was like an ocean away and i didnt really care till i saw a massive fleet and army come invade my home island...i was blown away by how good it was. came back thinking this version gonna be something similar...instead feels like civ 6 ai. i wish i remembered what version i played last summer. maybe some of my mods are messing it up bc the combat ai felt 100x better than this when i played this ~year ago.

Last edited:
did the battle AI get nerfed from ~year ago? i remember playing with this mod last year and every time the AI declares war it brings in ton of units to attack your cities (even ai's that were across the ocean) and was really challenging. playing with the latest release rn and every time AI declares war it literally does nothing other than sue for peace after 11 turns...doesnt even trying to bring any units to attack even if its neighboring AI. Is it possible to download the version of this mod from ~year ago?
Nah, I don't think AI was better a year ago. It's the opposite. Try again with aggressive civs like Greek, Mongolia, Aztec or Zulu, make them angry and see if they attack you. What difficulty do you play?

VP(6-19)+patch july29
Civ5Screen0055.png

Boarded (I) > -2 moves
Boarded (III) > -4 moves

Last edited:
Had a strange problem rebasing bombers, where it seemed to overwrite the bombers that were already in the city.
  • Rebase bomber from City A > City B
  • Rebase bomber from City C > City B
  • City B only contains 1 bomber

Had a strange problem rebasing bombers, where it seemed to overwrite the bombers that were already in the city.
  • Rebase bomber from City A > City B
  • Rebase bomber from City C > City B
  • City B only contains 1 bomber
Sounds like the same bug that removes one of the 0 movement point planes from a city with 2/2 planes.

The Iroquois longhouse does not provide production to camps like the normal herbalist ... Is that intended?

Intended. I think the rationale was that the longhouse is very strong already, so if forest/jungle camps got an extra buff they would be unbalanced. Unfortunately it does mean that non-forest/jungle camps like ivory and bison aren't as strong when playing Iroquois.

Intended. I think the rationale was that the longhouse is very strong already, so if forest/jungle camps got an extra buff they would be unbalanced. Unfortunately it does mean that non-forest/jungle camps like ivory and bison aren't as strong when playing Iroquois.
Not just bison and Ivory, sometimes truffles and foxes spawn on non forested tiles.
Wasn't this the case for the Mongolian Ger iirc? It gave bonuses to animal resources only but not the usual resources a normal granary would buff and it was changed later.
IMO think it's kinda counter intuitive to have a unique replacement be situationally worse than the normal variant.

Don't think the AI got a nerf, I mean just look at this fleet lol

Spoiler :

Not just bison and Ivory, sometimes truffles and foxes spawn on non forested tiles.
Wasn't this the case for the Mongolian Ger iirc? It gave bonuses to animal resources only but not the usual resources a normal granary would buff and it was changed later.
IMO think it's kinda counter intuitive to have a unique replacement be situationally worse than the normal variant.

I'm not against it giving a bonus to camps, but IMO it's already pretty good so it's not really needed. The Longhouse grants 2 food and 1 culture straight up, and the Iroquois have a forest bias. It's pretty rare in my Iroquois games to be in a situation where I would prefer Herbalists in my cities.

Edit:
Currently plantations and forest/jungle camps both get the same bonus from the longhouse, which is nice. Improved plantations don't connect cities for the Iroquois or give combat bonuses so they need the buff from longhouses to stay relevant. This way any start with lots of forest/jungle is strong! Non-forest/jungle camp starts are weaker for The Iroquois than non-forest/jungle plantation starts though, which is a bit odd.

I suppose you could give a simple +1 production to both camps and plantations (as the Herbalist does). That would still put forest/jungle camps above all other starts as the Iroquois though, and make jungle/forest plantation starts weaker. It would shift the focus on the civ slightly away from forest/jungle areas and towards areas with lots of camps.

Another option would be for longhouses to give a bonus to camps, but only on terrain without features. That way the Iroquois would get a boost from any camp or plantation start without making forest/jungle camps OP or forest/jungle plantations too weak. This would make the civ more versatile, and in particular make Iroquois games with little forest or jungle less painful. It would also make the civ a touch stronger overall though, and they seem to be in a good place at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm not against it giving a bonus to camps, but IMO it's already pretty good so it's not really needed. The Longhouse grants 2 food and 1 culture straight up, and the Iroquois have a forest bias. I've honestly never had a situation as the Iroquois where I would prefer a Herbalist in my city to a Longhouse.
You don't need thousands of hours in the game to know that the bias is not dependable and even when it works it's not guaranteed to generate an Amazon like forest/jungle for your Iroquois game or a mississippi like rive4 for your Songhai game.
You can actually get one or two forest tiles or a single tile long river and the game would call it a start bias.

You don't need thousands of hours in the game to know that the bias is not dependable and even when it works it's not guaranteed to generate an Amazon like forest/jungle for your Iroquois game or a mississippi like rive4 for your Songhai game.
You can actually get one or two forest tiles or a single tile long river and the game would call it a start bias.

True, but as you mention it's not a Iroquois-specific problem. I've discussed the situation with the Longhouse and given some suggestions. Fixing issues with start biases is a much bigger subject.

Don't think the AI got a nerf, I mean just look at this fleet lol

Spoiler :
i feel like the mods im running is conflicting. does the AI invade u if you ignore your military or is it too passive like for me? I am in modern era almost and i literally ignored military units, just have one for each of my city and thats it....and AI never try to invade me once even tho my neighbors have 10x more miltary power than me. im dead last in military score bc been totally ignoring building up the military and still haven't gotten invaded once by the ai.

i remember player this mod a while back maybe year or two ago and always had to be on my toes and had to keep up in military or AI will invade you...that was so much more fun than this passive AI where u can pretty much ignore maintaining a military since you have no threat of getting invaded anymore. i wish i knew what version it was so i can play that again instead of these new versions.

i feel like the mods im running is conflicting. does the AI invade u if you ignore your military or is it too passive like for me? I am in modern era almost and i literally ignored military units, just have one for each of my city and thats it....and AI never try to invade me once even tho my neighbors have 10x more miltary power than me. im dead last in military score bc been totally ignoring building up the military and still haven't gotten invaded once by the ai.

i remember player this mod a while back maybe year or two ago and always had to be on my toes and had to keep up in military or AI will invade you...that was so much more fun than this passive AI where u can pretty much ignore maintaining a military since you have no threat of getting invaded anymore. i wish i knew what version it was so i can play that again instead of these new versions.

What mods are you running?

What mods are you running?
Ethnic Units (v 31)
Slower Science Longer Eras (v 1)
Global Relations (v 7) <<not an ai mod just a simplified version of infoaddict
(over) More Unique Components for VP (v 59)
(9a) Enhanced Air Warfare 4VP (v 1.0)
Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1.6)
Promotion Flags EUI for VP (v 3)
Historical Religions Edit (BNW or GK) (v 45)
Quick Turns (v 10)
Really Advanced Setup (v 15)
Krakatoa Fix (v 100)
Toft flags (individual for each civ not the package for all in one)

Not sure, I always have some units and is (usually) around the global average, when i restart another game I'll not build anything and see how the AI reacts lol

Ethnic Units (v 31)
Slower Science Longer Eras (v 1)
Global Relations (v 7) <<not an ai mod just a simplified version of infoaddict
(over) More Unique Components for VP (v 59)
(9a) Enhanced Air Warfare 4VP (v 1.0)
Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1.6)
Promotion Flags EUI for VP (v 3)
Historical Religions Edit (BNW or GK) (v 45)
Quick Turns (v 10)
Really Advanced Setup (v 15)
Krakatoa Fix (v 100)
Toft flags (individual for each civ not the package for all in one)
Hmm, huge potential for bugs, just saying ;) Try just VP to see if the problem stays.

Next version will assure Natural Wonders appear at decent city sites, so Krakatoa Fix won't be necessary (and it's likely not compatible with VP anyway) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom