1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

When I made my buff fort thread, I wanted to add 1-2 tech yields, not 6.
    :dunno:

Maxxim69, InkAxis, vyyt and 1 other person like this.
  2. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Still think we would be better off adding "other" benefits to forts rather than trying to make them compete with yields. They should generally have poor yield generations.

Some suggestions:

Increase healing in forts. Such as +5 maybe +10 with a military policy.
    Minor damage to enemy units adjacent. Perhaps -5 health if ends next to.
    Reduction in needs unhappiness.
    Increase in city defense.

Vhozite, Maxxim69, Smallson and 3 others like this.
  3. Drakle

Drakle King

I have a fort idea. Border growth speed. Forts are all about controlling territory, and I now know from the new Spanish rework, that border growth is something that can be added to tiles.

Vhozite, Maxxim69, tu_79 and 9 others like this.
  4. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

This makes sense to me.

5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

So is that a foreign religion, or your own?

It seems to be working normally from my looks at the pictures.

6. Deljade

Deljade Warlord

What I found weird was that Aztec religion has more pressure (+70) in my city over deep ocean than my own religion next to it. I guess the difference in pressure between island cities and nearby coastal cities seemed too big.

7. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

I think forts are fine atm; there are basically just two tech buffs that are relevant and two that come way too late to affect the game in general ... The buff at military science and the buff at Chemistry (mostly the one at chemistry) which makes the fort a 3:c5science: 2 :c5production: + base tile yields at late industrial which is not over the top at all.
    The policy buffs is IMO what makes the fort seem OP (2 :c5science: 1:c5culture: from Colonialism and 3 :c5science: from MIC) particularly the colonialism policy which could come as early as renaissance era if you worked for it making fort a semi-spammable mini academy at 5:c5science: 1:c5culture: (academy is 9 :c5science: at Renaissance) but i don't think this warrants a nerf IMO because every industrial era policy buffs a certain type of improvement remarkably making it a bit over the top and it's totally fair that Imperialism gets a meaningful buff to science other than water tiles.

Kim Dong Un likes this.
  8. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

I'm used to playing Pangea/Terra type maps but i tried large continents with 10 players this match as Authority Assyria and it's been all fun and games till the world congress has convened and Religious pressure over water from the newly met civs across the ocean starts to overthrow my own religion in my coastal cities,
    I just think this is completely wrong and should not work like this.
    Spoiler The holy city receiving no pressure at all (I eliminated the two religions in India & Mongolia)) :
    CivilizationV_DX11 2020-10-19 19-57-34-636.jpg

Spoiler Coastal city 5 tiles away from the holy city receiving religious pressure more than what my holy city generates from Portugal on the opposite continent. :
    CivilizationV_DX11 2020-10-19 19-57-54-981.jpg

Maxxim69, Erikose, vyyt and 1 other person like this.
  9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Does the opponent have TRs going to that city, and do they have fealty or any religious buildings?

10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

No trade routes(i'm sanctioned), they have fealty and one religious building .... I have the fealty opener with monstaries and orders if you check the minimap it's from Portugal.
    The other religion is the Mayan Catholicism with the closest city being like 20 or more tiles at least.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  11. Novntis

Novntis Chieftain

I also don't think they're OP, but I also don't think they're that fun atm. They should have more unique yields. As you say, they get most of their yields too late to really affect the game. It would be cool if there was an early game incentive to build them. Since we've had border growth as a tile resource, I've always felt that forts base yields should include border growth points to cities that work them. It may be fun to trade a few science yields for border growth, which also synergizes well with authority/autocracy border growth strats.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  12. Zuizgond

Zuizgond King

Love the idea. Also building forts to expand your territory fits the gameplay very well.

13. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

What's Portugal's enhancer? Is it Inquisition? That adds pressure from spies.

14. p4cman

p4cman Chieftain

Similar issue here. America has insane religios pressure and managed to convert Germany, Aztecs, Polynesia and France with passive pressure alone by turn 190, Portugal, Poland and myself are about to flip as well.
    However, Byzantium and Carthage barely have any pressure from America at all. They're on separate continents though.
    Sweden - Americas direct neighour - managed to keep their religion by having huge pressure themselfes. Which seems a bit more plausible since they adopdet Orthodoxy (+30% pressure) and Fealty.

Spoiler :
    ethiopia.png

Spoiler :
    america.png

Spoiler :
    sweden.png

15. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

No, they have orthodoxy -partially explains the pressure- but it does not explain why it's only on coastal cities and not in land locked cities.
    I did flip the neighborhjng Mayan cities to my religion but my coastal cities still get like 50 pressure from the holy city alone that is like 25~30 tiles away.

JamesNinelives and tothePAIN like this.
  16. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Pressure travels much further via water than land because of pathfinding. I think both the distance and strength of pressure over water should be reduced.

Maxxim69, Zuizgond and JamesNinelives like this.
  17. NikLemos

NikLemos Chieftain

Hello All!!

I playing Civilization games from 1992. I love all of them , especially number 3 , 4 and 5. I want very much to play Civilization 5 again with Vox Populi (7th October 2020), all working amazing.

Just 1 question: I need turn on this mods, but what about 7a and 7b mods? Promotion Icons and Promotion Tree. I must turn on BOTH of them?

Kim Dong Un and LifeOfBrian like this.
  18. skodkim

skodkim Deity

7A and 7B are different components. Neither are mandatory, but I really like them and would recommend using both.

\Skodkim

vyyt, Kim Dong Un, NikLemos and 3 others like this.
  19. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Any plans for fixing Polynesia? All devs?

I can't keep playing VP with Kamehameha in such bad state. 2 tiles isthmus just don't want to show up and I am being forced to place moais on a single coastal line. Not fun. Not only that, moais still refuse to connect resources. Not fun either. An my trirremes dissappear whenever I use them for fishing. Absurd!

At least allow me to terraform water tiles so I can place the perfect moai clusters!

(Well, the ability to create fishing boats should be changed or removed, it really is useless as it stands now)

Maxxim69 likes this.
  20. randomnub

randomnub Prince

While we're at it, water pathfinding also causes troops sitting on the coast to be able to ask for tribute to far far away CSs (even CSs you can't reach due to ocean/inability to embark).

Maxxim69, vyyt, Kim Dong Un and 2 others like this.