1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. randomnub

randomnub Prince

About bribed wars... I've been declared plenty by annoying opponents on a different continent because Pedro decided he needed some far away ally. Now out of the blue it's him who became world menace #1 despite abysmal scores. Maybe his other neighbour Gustavus decided to piss him off but I guess I can milk some money out of this...

Spoiler :
    civpedro.png

Edit: forget about it, I feel dirty. Reloading...

Spoiler :
    civbribe.png

There's something off in regard to trade deals, overvalueing a war (in which I could safely avoid committing any troops) and at the same time agree to sell your core cities (other, distant lesser cities showed as 'impossible'). Pretty fun unacceptable deal he accepted too.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  2. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

That sounds like an unintended feature at the very least, if not a bug. @randomnub , have you considered posting this as an issue on GitHub (together with a screenshot and saves)?

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

JamesNinelives likes this.
  3. griD77

griD77 Chieftain

Maybe this is not the best place, but I just wanted to thank Gazebo & all the other contributers for the effort that went into this mod! :c5happy:

vyyt, John.B.C, skodkim and 9 others like this.
  4. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Reinstalled the game and all the mods i have yet Annex button and delete units button still do not work.
    Anyone having similar issues?

5. NikLemos

NikLemos Chieftain

Guys! This mod (VP) is amazing! I just finish my first game on Chieftain Difficulty. 9/10 !! Because don't have russian language (I don't speak English very good).

Much, much better than Civilization V +DLC (Vanilla)!! Modpacks and Total Gameplay Overhauls made many old games - great again! Like Master of Magic, Civilization V, Skyrim... etc.

burleigh, vyyt, SwirlSlayer and 7 others like this.
  6. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Units that are not full HP can't be deleted. Dunno about the annex one tho, what doesn't work exactly?
    We're happy you're enjoying it, because we do too! :)

7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

This is as good as any other place.

You are welcomed and welcome.

Erikose and JamesNinelives like this.
  8. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Delete units button in general does not work; whether for civilian units or milittary ones regardless of HP or they are stationed in a city or not.
    Annex button on puppeted cities have the same problem; it just does nothing at all .... No confirmation message or anything.
    EDIT: started a game with only VP and i still have the same issue, uninstalled VP then installed with out EUI and the delete units is working but unit icons are gone :(
    Gotta try a fresh install with no mods but VP without EUI to see what's wrong.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  9. Solic

Solic Chieftain

I have no such issues and have both been able to successfully delete units and annex. Maybe try clearing cache?

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  10. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I've found I'm unable to raze cities I've captured (the button doesn't appear), but I can annex them just fine. Been meaning to put up a Github issue about it. Haven't had any issues with deleting units. I've deleted a bunch of workers at least.

Spoiler :
    20201019230716_1.jpg

11. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

I can still raze cities.

I still cannot stop razing cities however.

12. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

You're Indonesia? If a unique lux spawns under the city you can't raze it.

13. Deljade

Deljade Warlord

I believe Ancient, Classical and Medieval techs are too fast. It's unreasonable for Spearmen to take more turns than discovering a tech does. I really hate making changes like that, but I'll change the tech cost in my game files to bring it in line with Epic/Huge values in last patch, which I've been used to for all the time I've been paying the mod. As well as disabling brokered wars and tech trading, will try research agreements, I guess. See if the game is more enjoyable like that.

brutalz and Drakle like this.
  14. Drakle

Drakle King

I haven't got a single non-ancient wonder, without using a Great Engineer. On 6 difficulty, and on a small map. The Shoshone and Dutch, who I'm slightly leading on both techs and policies, just keep grabbing all of them, while also building carpets of units. Meanwhile, my own cities are still building buildings, despite planting a manufactory in most of my cities to give them a good production tile and constantly dumping tons of money to invest (I'm basically investing every building).

15. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Your rate of expansion matters a lot. If you were busy pumping out Settlers then you weren't teching fast enough and dedicated to building wonders.

16. Drakle

Drakle King

I'm Tradition, with 5 cities. I haven't produced a settler since the ancient era.

17. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Oh! I didn't realise that. Thanks.

18. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Try building wonders before your third and fourth city. As Tradition you should be fine with three cities for a while.

19. Drakle

Drakle King

I think you didn't read me right. I said I haven't got any NON-Ancient wonders by normal production. I managed to get both Stonehenge and a super late Pyramids while producing settlers with normal production. So clearly the AI has super under weighed wonders early, and later massively overvalues them. Later in the game, every single wonder has been grabbed by 3 civs (Shoshone, Netherlands and Arabia in order of wonders built), the lion share just the first two. Of the other two remaining civs, the Zulu got one ancient wonder and that is it, and Greece has none.

Judging from their wonder list, the Shoshone should have well over 100% extra production cost, yet they are beating me to wonders, despite my teching faster than them.

This is also while the Dutch and Shoshone routinely throw their cities into resistance cleansing my religion from their cities, since I have a ton of pressure and missionaries. And neither have Council of Elders or even diligence.

20. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Any leads on how to slow the tech speed a bit? I'm playing Mongolia on Emperor Epic and it's already Renaissance era by turn 190 with only 2 conquered cities and one MILITARY CS tributed.
    The last game as Assyria same settings i Entered the Info era in 1820 with only 8 conquered cities.