1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Patee

Patee Chieftain

Few notes from my games (Standard size/Epic speed/King-Emperor/No ruins/No tech trading/No agreement).

1. Tech going to fast. Cities busy all the time with constructing buildings, even then the list sometimes is long. No time for units or procesess.
    2. Embassies really slow form AI.
    3. Religious pressure looks broken.
    4. Switched off bribed wars - helped a lot not to stuck in constant wars
    4. Regarding WC looks like some civs voting for other religion that their own

Vhozite, DeAnno, vyyt and 1 other person like this.
  2. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Is the stupid rule, that Inquisitors didnt work till a city has a major religion, still active?
    Maybe the AI wastes all their faith into inquisitors on cities without a major religion without any use?
    I have no clue why this additional rule was implemented. Its such an unnecessary complication of rules.

3. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

They won't waste inquisitors. I've checked it in my games.

Still, the rule shouldn't exist in the first place.

vyyt, Maxxim69 and Maximo the Xth like this.
  4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/missionaries-and-inquisitors-new-logic.663969/

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  5. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

Wasn't the rule 'removed'? If I remember correctly from the beta before this patch, I could use inquisitors in cities without a majority religion.

6. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

I believe the inquisitor rule is gone. I've been able to use inquisitors on cities without a majority religion.

azum4roll and JamesNinelives like this.
  7. DeAnno

DeAnno Prince

One thing I'm noticing in my games is sometimes you're safe due to circumstances of neighbors or positioning of cities and defensive lines, but your army is still a little (or a lot) substandard. In these cases AIs can be bribed into war with you easily and you'll often be in a lot of fake wars at once.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  8. Milae

Milae Warlord

Yea the transition from ancient to classical and beyond is quite jarring tbh. I'd still be in favour of cost reductions for AIs instead as I think that would be smoother but this patch was a pretty big improvement to previous.

9. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

It is? I didn't notice. Good to know!

10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

I got Japanese musicians sent on tour to my cities in medieval era instead of creating a great work... pretty sure that's not optimal (Emperor difficulty)

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  11. fahte

fahte Chieftain

Hi everyone,
    This is my first ever message on the board. First of all I would like to say that I very much appreciate the efforts of developers.

Among the (possible) bugs I have I encountered so far in this version are:
    - I cannot produce Inquisitors unless I own a religion. My primary religion has been Hinduism (founded by India) and I couldn't produce Inquisitors until I captured the holy city of Islam from Babylon. From that time on I was able to produce Inquisitors for Hinduism (I am still keeping my primary religion as Islam cannot withstand the pressure).
    - I cannot receive global monopoly bonus from Porcelain. There is no embargo/ban whatsoever. (see images below --I cannot capture screenshots for whatever reason, so I had to take photos!)
    x.jpg y.jpg

12. bef1993

bef1993 Chieftain

Tried to start a new game on the Communitas map, but it kept crashing before I saw the loading screen. Switched to Continents and it worked. Anyone else experienced this issue?

13. Drakle

Drakle King

Some of the ai strategy towards city-states is odd. I just saw Austria dump a Great Diplomat on a city-state they already have well over 1000 influence in and no close competition, even as they seem to lack friendships in some other cities. The AI should really focus on grabbing friendships with everybody, over dumping influence in safe ground.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  14. AndreyK

AndreyK Warlord

Do you have Exchange Markets policy from Statecraft tree?

15. fahte

fahte Chieftain

Well no. My mistake, thanks for pointing out.
    My first complaint stands though --I hope that is not a bug either.

16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Try Communitu_79a, it's developed from Communitas and the resource generation in VP was modified to fit this last map, making it lose compatibility with the old one. We plan to fix it.

17. Solic

Solic Chieftain

Did you enhance your religion using a second great prophet? That is necessary to be able to build Inquisitors.

18. AndreyK

AndreyK Warlord

I think that he didn't found a religion, that why he is not able to produce inquisitors

Skidizzle likes this.
  19. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

He owns India's holy city though. So I think the issue would be that India didn't enhance their religion before it was captured. Whereas Babylon did - hence why he was able to build inquisitors after that.

tu_79 likes this.
  20. AndreyK

AndreyK Warlord

Why do I get no notification when great works are stolen? I play large map, Japan, so in Renaissance I have 16 cities and many GW. I check GW positioning like once in 10-15 turns, and only now see that someone stole GWks from me. I don't want to see who exactly stole it, but would like to get a notice that my GW is stolen.

Skidizzle likes this.