1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. AndreyK

AndreyK Warlord

I think he didn't have India's holy city

vyyt likes this.
  2. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Ah, you're right. That's true.

3. dostillevi

dostillevi Warlord

Not sure how new this is, but I love it. Seeing a friend of an empire I'm conquering plead for mercy is fantastic immersion. They need to plead with a little more gold though.

upload_2020-10-24_23-6-34.png

4. vyyt

vyyt Deity

As others have said, you need to enhance the religion in order to produce inquisitors. Now the question is - was the captured religion enhanced? Was your original one enhanced?

I just wanted to add that if I am not mistaken, this is Vanilla behavior, it is not altered by VP (unlike the conquering of religion)

5. myeong1129

myeong1129 Chieftain

Uh, I'm really enjoying the game after banning war bribing (Now I see the diplomacy AI is so much improved than previous)
    but now I come to think that if it is possible to ban defensive pacts also... It is so irritating to fight against 3~4 immortal AI every time when what I want is only a single city or so. I wonder if there's an option to block defensive pacts or make it available only with allies at least.

+Oh and no CTD found until now after banning war bribing. Still quite stable it was.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  6. XSamatan

XSamatan Chieftain

I'm usind VP with EUI so there might be a difference to your setup - I receive notifications for stolen GW as well as who stole it. Don't remember if I had counter-spies in my cities while the theft occurred.

Another option why you are missing GW could be that you traded them to other players to get theming bonuses by using the built-in trade&optimize option in the culture screen.

Regards
    XSamatan

7. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

The AI should not trade cities to other AIs. Its insane to see an AI selling cities. There's no logic to it. They're core cities.

Glassmage, azum4roll, vyyt and 3 others like this.
  8. ICanHasName?

ICanHasName? Warlord

Where do I get this new version with the most recent updates. I can only find 10/7 - 2 is that it? Anyway in principle I like the idea of war bribing but it was just so common, and for 2 gold and open borders. I think overall the diplomacy agreement to attack is probably better.

9. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Ideally, I think cities should only be involved when a warmonger or wide aggro civ gives their vassal(s) a city that is of little value or strategic importance, so they can lessen their own empire's wide % modifiers and unhappiness -- I believe this is basically how humans want to use it anyways. There's probably another niche situation or two that I can't think of off the top of my head, but in terms of practicality I think that's the most consistent.

Skidizzle and LifeOfBrian like this.
  10. HixBozo

HixBozo Warlord

Well, look it from this side. In 1867 the USA bought Alaska from Russia for 7 million USD

11. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Not a core territory.

The AI is willy nilly selling cities that are its prime cities. Not a 1 tile island city. Cities that are right next to its capital.

12. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I wonder what the cause of the AI selling cities like that is? I've been hearing about it for a couple of patches now but I haven't seen it in my games.

13. Deljade

Deljade Warlord

Anyone seen AI archeologist be able to cancel human player's digging? This is the second time this happened to me, the first one being an AI that declared war on me on that turn so I thought it's some obscure mechanic. But I am not at war with the AI in question now. Should I report this on github? Of course I'll open the Editor to smite the cheating Aztec archeologist...

Attached Files:

azum4roll likes this.
  14. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

Did the AI archeologist wear a leather jacket and respond when called... Indiana?

John.B.C, vyyt, Kim Dong Un and 3 others like this.
  15. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

I remember something like this was brought up a lot of versions ago, maybe a year ago? Can't remember if it was fixed and is now reappearing or simply got forgotten. But it was definitely possible to interrupt foreign archeologists in your own territory, if you have placed a worker on the same tile and let the worker create an improvement. (build road/raze road)

vyyt likes this.
  16. Guynemer

Guynemer King

We named the dog Indiana.

JamesNinelives and Skidizzle like this.
  17. Maxxim69

Maxxim69 Chieftain

Spoiler Also, Great Lighthouse :) :
    Great-Lighthouse-by-the-Lake.jpg

JamesNinelives likes this.
  18. 2506

2506 Warlord

I just built a fort and a citadel to connect two bodies of water. My ship can enter the fort, but can't sail on through to the citadel. This has never happened to me before. Has there been a rules change, or is this probably just a glitch?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  19. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Is the citadel also coastal?

20. andersw

andersw Emperor

If you have open borders you can (with a diplo penalty) dig in eachothers territory.
    End that agreement peacefully and the archeologist should be kicked out.
    Not sure if thats the same when war is declared.
    I guess you can waltz in with not just units but also archeologists and ninja-dig when you're at war, I actually havent tried.

JamesNinelives likes this.