1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Thanks for the feedback! The map trading issue should be reported on Github.

tothePAIN and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

No need, you can edit the values in Civ5Units.xml

3. Nightmare Dusk

Nightmare Dusk Chieftain

AWESOME! Would never had guessed it was in that file, thanks for the help!

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. Starziii

Starziii Chieftain

Tried playing like 5/6 games.
    Its very annoying and unplayable with my play style.
    Idiotic trades like - give all your luxurys and declare war on someone and AI will give you open borders and a horse or 1g per turn.
    Defensive pacts - 0 logics. Had a game where I planned an attack in like 20 turns and just moved my army towards AI just see him get from 1def pact to 5 pacts...
    Everyone vs you. It seems that even spying is happening only in your cities even if you are not the leader in technology/score.
    Insane AI economy by the turn 100 some AI might have 300+ income.
    Massive unit spam. Had a war where me as attacker had like 10 cities and AI had 4 and he managed to spam units for like 30turns. Bribe almost everyone in the world to declare on me even with declarations of friendship and research agreements...
    Lighthouses / harbors and wonders related to ocean allowed even on 1 lake tile

edit: and noticed something happened with sounds.

To me and my play style - worst update ever :(

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  5. Hinin

Hinin King

I'm so sorry for your play style. Is he alright ? :(

More seriously, as says LifeOfBrian just below, these are identified problems with their own threads. Going there and describing your case (and without the "my playstyle is ruined. Worst update ever." please : if you do that, nobody will take you seriously) with a gamelog for github (dont hesitate to ask how to produce one in case you dont know) will make life easier for the devs, who already do all of this by passion and for free.

On the opposite side, simply complaining and using grand words won't help anyone. There is regularly someone doing that, and it never goes well in the end.

Kim Dong Un and vyyt like this.
  6. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Starziii, what difficulty are you playing on? I can assure you the game is winnable even on Deity. As for the problems you pointed out, they have been mostly acknowledged by the developers and are being worked on.

Kim Dong Un and vyyt like this.
  7. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

At the very least I can guarantee this is not the case :). The AI spy on each other as well, you just don't get notified about it!

8. Starziii

Starziii Chieftain

Don't worry guys. After 10years playing CIV5 got so frustrated that decided to create acc and post something.

And I don’t want to offend developers or undermine their efforts. But after a long time, it was a very frustrating experience for me.

9. psparky

psparky Prince

Yes, that would work too. I believe you will need to edit each individual tech to do it that way. Don't rely on the tech names as sometimes they masquerade under different names e.g. TECH_MASONRY is (or was at one time) CONSTRUCTION. Also, Notepad may struggle with the size of this file, so you may need a different tool.

If rebuilding the modpack is an option, it would be much quicker, easier, and more reliable in my opinion. Whatever you choose, hope it works out OK :)

10. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Hi guys!
    Anyone mind doing a step by step guide to how to change this so the tech speed is balanced (matching real world roughly)? I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to these things

11. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

Some feedback for my two ongoing games.

First one is England on Large Islands map (King/Standard/no Events/no ruins/no tech brokering/More wonders/3/4 UC). On this one i tested specifically the religion pressure via water and it's huge. Every civ had its island alone so went progress, statecraft, imperialism, freedom.

I founded third (with Pantheon of the Sea) but had to keep Inquisitors in all my ports (well all cities were ports), i did not choose Inquisition as enhancement and regret it. Anyway I had the lead since start and when Ships of line and Corvettes came outside I vassalized Austria then Ethiopia and eradicated Halle religion: finally the pressure went down but still I have Spain and,Songhai religion to deal with. Huns and Assyria were never a threat.

There were no bribed war so far some AIs asked me to start some for some gold and 1 or 2 luxuries. I think the map layout and the huge England fleet put AIs in a semi-passive state. This will be an easy Diplo Victory: the Council never left London since founding. Spain underperformed on a very good map for Armadas.

Second is Aztec on a Frontier map (Emperor/Standard/no tech trading and brokering/ no ruins/ no events/morea wonders and 3/4 UC).

Founded second and French chose Hero worship and Mosques. Got Council of Elders, Orders, Churches and enhanced with Inquistion, reformed with Defender of the faith.

A much more challenging game but the major problem comes from Arabia that took the pressure enhancement and just spammed missionaries everywhere: He even brazely tried to convert my holy city. Again even with few ports I spent most of my faith on Inquisitors and still doing in Industrial. Finally vassalized Assyria but I got French, Rome and Huns Authority, Russia and Arabia progress (top dog with 47 tech vs 43 and 17 policies vs 11, first ideology Freedom). Only my religion and French one are still going, Arabia obliterated all others.

Bribed wars are much more frequent (Russia and Huns were bribed for the other continent) and every civ got at least 2 DP, Arabia 4.

In this version I found Inquisition a must to defend the faith and the only reliable trade routes are allied CS, internal and to vassals. Inquisition is a major source of gold income as well.

12. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

Dear all,

I am a bit confused by the local unhappiness UI, and I don't know if what I'm seeing is a bug or a "feature" I don't understand.

The first screenshot shows the local unhappiness in one of my cities (10-7-2 patch, no other mods)

Spoiler Local unhappiness before monastery :
    Unhappiness before monastery - 1.png

As you can see the unhappiness due to Distress is at 5, and according to the UI, it should be reduced by 1 if about 1 food is added. Note that there is no unhappiness due to Boredom. The total unhappiness is at 7.

The second screenshot shows the local unhappiness *after* I purchased a monastery in the same city (same turn, of course). The monastery added 3 food to the city.

Spoiler Local unhappiness after monastery :
    Unhappiness after monastery - 1.png

The total unhappiness is still at 7, except now for some reason 1 unhappiness due to Distress is replaced by 1 unhappiness due to Boredom.

Is this a bug or am I misinterpreting the UI?

Btw, @JamesNinelives reported a similar issue on GitHub.

Edit: The person reporting the local happiness issue on GitHub (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/7143) may not be @JamesNinelives :)

13. XSamatan

XSamatan Chieftain

Find this location: ...Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Tech

open TechCostChanges.sql witch Notepad++ (or other text editor if you have one installed, I'd advise to not use the Windows editor, it can mess up formatting)

Change the numbers to match my changes (or change them to another value if you feel they don't work for you).

Spoiler Code :

Code:
    -- Change Tech Costs (from CEP):

UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =      60 WHERE GridX =  1; --35
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     100 WHERE GridX =  2; --55
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     125 WHERE GridX =  3; --105
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     225 WHERE GridX =  4; --175
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     350 WHERE GridX =  5; --275
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     600 WHERE GridX =  6; --485
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    1000 WHERE GridX =  7; --780
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    1500 WHERE GridX =  8; --1150
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    2500 WHERE GridX =  9; --1600
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    3500 WHERE GridX = 10; --2350
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    5200 WHERE GridX = 11; --3100
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    6500 WHERE GridX = 12; --4100
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    7900 WHERE GridX = 13; --5100
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    9000 WHERE GridX = 14; --6400
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   10000 WHERE GridX = 15; --7700
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   11100 WHERE GridX = 16; --8800
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   12900 WHERE GridX = 17; --9500
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   14600 WHERE GridX = 18; --NEW!
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   17000 WHERE GridX = 19; --NEW!

-- Speed Change
    UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = 300 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_MARATHON';
    UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = 185 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_EPIC';

14. Drakle

Drakle King

Happiness works on a tier system. You can only have as much happiness as your population, excluding urbanisation.

First Distress. Then Poverty. Then Illeteracy. Then Boredom.

If your population now only has to worry about eating, and having money, they can then complain about his bored they are.

Look at the Actuals

You have 4 Distress, 2 Poverty, and 3 Boredom. But only a population of 7. So the Distress and Poverty fully count for 6 of your population, but leaves only 1 for Boredom.

vyyt likes this.
  15. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

I live and I learn, thank you, @Drakle ! :)

So, the basic approach to reducing unhappiness would be to first reduce Food Distress and Poverty unhappiness (when possible), and then when other forms of unhappiness become apparent (e.g., Boredom), try to reduce those. Or in my case, after increasing food (and decreasing Food Distress), the next step could have been to increase gold or culture in the city (e.g., increase gold by 1), as that would further decrease total unhappiness. Does that make sense, @Drakle ?

Is there a thread that describes how to read info from the UI and use that info to fix the unhappiness?

16. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

I've wrote this up. It's the basics but it should help.

JamesNinelives and DukeBrani like this.
  17. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Thank you very much <3

18. PhilMyBelly

PhilMyBelly Chieftain

So I'm wondering if the AI can cheat in this version because I was just playing with the Aztecs, really early war against Persia and im wrecking them at deity.
    They have 2 gold in the bank (info addict) and 5g per turn and somehow spawned 2 warriors the turn after, without having city states friendships/alliances.
    The next turn he had 0 gold and still 5 gold per turn.
    I even reloaded to try to figure this out... He couldnt have sold a luxury because i pillaged them all and he had no strategics to sell either.
    So Im just wondering where that second warrior came from, any idea? Because the new patch is already very hard as it is, I hope that AI doesnt cheat on top of that.

19. InkAxis

InkAxis Prince

He could have finished building a warrior and also gotten the conscription (1 free unit every 10 pop). Also not sure what you mean by "cheating" because the AI get a lot of yields when they do various things. They do get gold as well as food and production IIRC. That could help them get a unit.

20. PhilMyBelly

PhilMyBelly Chieftain

Impossible, as mentionned, it was very early war, his capital was on 4 pop and he didnt have any friends to trade.
    By cheating I mean spawning 2 units instead of one.
    Plus ive noticed that the AI can get either extremely timely with CS alliances, like getting allied the same turn as declaring war and also stopping the alliance the turn before I captured that CS... Not sure if thats extreme badluck that all this happened in the same game or that the AI is just straight up cheating.