1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Nightmare Dusk

Nightmare Dusk Chieftain

Becoming Allied is probably not chance, and more on purpose, either by finishing a quest or using an envoy, then declaring war that turn because of the advantageous position that CS is to attack the person who they declare war on. Human players should do that all the time

InkAxis likes this.
  2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Best way is to turn on AI logging and check the logs of that turn.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  3. JohnnyNT

JohnnyNT Chieftain

I just finished my first game with the new patch (Assyria, Huge Frontier map, Immortal, Epic speed, 14 civs) and I have several thoughts:
    * I finished on turn 439 with domination victory. While this is comparable to what I normally achieve on such map, the tech progress is significantly faster now (I was deep into future tech when done). On one hand I enjoy that AIs can keep up with tech for a longer time - previously by 35-40 techs I was already the tech leader. Now, until I conquered him (around 68 tech mark) Pacal was constantly 1-2 techs ahead and others were almost on par. On the other hand, such fast tech progression means that cities are way underdeveloped (unless they were your core cities found in the first 100 turns). Also, for some late game wonders it's really hard to get required policy count because the techs are flying so fast. Long story short, I feel that culture and production is slightly lagging behind
    * I like that inquisitors no longer remove pop, instability is enough of the punishment I think
    * Some of the deals offered by AIs are really weird. One category are war declaration deals (expecting me to declare war), which were thrown around a lot in mid-game, but those were already addressed by other players. Other category are weird congress deals proposed by my vassals. For example, other AI proposed sanctioning me - my Vassal offers me a vote in favour of this proposal. Or, I put a proposal and my vassals offer me to vote against it. And values of those deals can be crazy too. I checked one of those weird deals, vote against my proposal was worth 200 gold while vote in favour 20k. Also, world map gets thrown in the deal a lot in the late game and it seems that all AIs are trading it happily (I bought it once from Siam who was my vassal and got entire map revealed, even deep in territories of other AIs on the other end of the map).
    * It's significantly harder to do sieges in early-mid game with missile units due to increased city damage. Can't tell if it's good or bad, but had to adapt my playstyle a bit.
    * Lategame CTDs are a nightmare, maybe it's some additional mods (ENavalWarfare, 3&4 comp, more wonders) but in last 20 turns I was getting several CTDs per turn (sometimes every 3-5 moves). Saving at the beginning and end of every turn helped but it was still annoying as hell. Strategic view helped too but I can't wrap my head around how to use it effectively with planes and I like my promotion flags.

James Ryle and JamesNinelives like this.
  4. Marviellac

Marviellac Chieftain

Hello, I've noticed AI selling their core cities quite a lot.
    In the game pictured below Brazil sold Sao Paolo to Songhai and both Salvador and Brasilia to Sweden.
    Songhai conquered some French cities, then sold Tours to Brazil and next they sold one of their own settlements, Taghaza to Sweden. It gets quite messy in some parts of the world ;)
    Have anyone else noticed such behavior?

Attached Files:

Patee likes this.
  5. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Just played the start of another game on this patch which went... terribly XD.

Carthage decided that my coastal cities were the perfect place to attack with her Quinquiremes. I was sort of expecting war but when those ships turned up, oof. Came very close to loosing Makassar before I got walls built. And just as I made peace with Carthage, the Zulus turn up on my doorstep!

Spoiler :
    20201105181932_1.jpg

6. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

Yes. Already reported. In my games it happens around mid-game: Medieval to Renaissance.

7. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

if I change this value to 0 in coredefine sql, would it stop ai trading cities?

INSERT INTO Defines (
    Name, Value)
    SELECT 'BALANCE_CITY_PURCHASE_MOD', '5';

8. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Just as an update, some changes are currently in the works, but I'll admit that I don't have the head-room for modding right now. Perhaps after this nail-biter of an election is over. :)

G

Erikose, stormfallen, vyyt and 9 others like this.
  9. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

In other words we should just forget it, patch never ever.

Gazebo and LifeOfBrian like this.
  10. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Have no fear, Enrico, we shall go all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary to get our update!

Erikose, burleigh, vyyt and 2 others like this.
  11. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

On a unrelated note, does anyone know where I can change the values of how much inquisitors block/lower active and passive religious spread?

12. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

What is your mod list pls?

I'm also unable to finish a game with 10-7-2 + modmods without CTD. (Since monthes actually)
    I'm trying to find if ENW and/or EAW are responsible of these crashes. After hourS of testgame I still don't know.

I don't believe it's a memory issue. CTDs happen in standard map size too. (with 8 civs only and a limited number of mods)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  13. JohnnyNT

JohnnyNT Chieftain

Sent you a PM with my mod list, just starting new game, will see how it goes.

When it comes to techs, at turn 160 at least 2 AIs are in medieval era on Immortal Epic. That didn't happen in previous patches. I'm 6 techs behind the leader now, probably will catch up around 40-50 tech mark.

14. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

I didn't get CTDs with my version of ENW in the AI games until I stopped at turn 501 when the tile yields started going haywire. They've used every ship and missile including the Supercarrier, so I guess it's a thorough test.

vyyt likes this.
  15. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

Oblivious slave checking in and looking forward to some "base entertainment" (aka the new Vox Populi patch) :woohoo:

16. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

No. But I did add an option into the upcoming version.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  17. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

My caravels don't generate GA points in combat

18. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Let's not derail the thread too much with political discussion. There are other subforums for that :)

Moderator Action: Multiple political posts deleted. We ask everyone to please \not derail game and mod threads with discussion of current events. Browd

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020
  19. dostillevi

dostillevi Warlord

I saw someone mention that the AI never settles on Tundra and I wanted to second that observation. In addition, I noticed that the advisor almost never recommends that I build cities on tundra, even if they'd be quite powerful and valuable cities. I also have the Tundra pantheon, and that should be factored in to a civ's decision to settle tundra areas (I don't feel like it is).

20. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

Moderator Action: Deleted political commentary -- Browd
    I do agree that the AI tends not to be good at recognising when tundra (and desert) cities can actually be quite strong. And yes, the city governor doesn't take pantheons or UUs etc. into account. I think that's OK, trying to make it more nuanced could lead to extra complications. That said, I had China with a Tundra start take Stars and Sky in a recent game and do rather well! So that's something.

While I'm here I got another game in with Indonesia. This one was exactly the same settings, but a great deal easier. Only thing I had a challenge with this time around was religion. The main differences being that I had lots of room to expand and didn't start next to Carthage or the Zulus. I noticed another minor thing that I'll update on Github later today, related to city-states and declarations of protection.

Spoiler A very educational stone tablet :
    20201107021831_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020