1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

So i did go back to playing progress as Babylon (the best civ to play progress IMO) on Epic Emperor Pangea plus standard size 16 CS 8 civs no ruins or tech trading (bribed wars on) and i managed to get a comparatively late Science victory on 1943 to what i can do with Authority.
    I modified the tech costs to be roughly 15% more expensive after the medieval era.
    I did play as any progress civ would do -but to be fair i had a very slow production-starved start- settled a couple of cities (capital + 7) and worked on getting vassals (had two vassals after capturing their capitals by the Renaissance era) and just turtling till the mid game constructing as many academies as possible but i just found as was lagging behind my usual "schedule" despite trying to min max and micromanage my cities.
    I could definitely feel what progress is better at than authority; overall better control over happiness, much more gold from instant yields but culture and science generation is noticeably less in the early game.
    Progress just lacks a strong culture generating policy like Authority's opener or tribute, the culture on building construction is just really slow to take off and even when prioritized it's inferior to Authority scaler when it comes to raw production speed.
    I'm going to try again on a better start other than Jungles with no hills or pastures to see if it's just a slow match due to the terrain or not.

2. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

I can't proceed to the next turn. What kind of a bug is this?

3. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Post a savegame and bug report on Github.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  4. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I took a close look and I think it's a praying mantis! :)

vyyt likes this.
  5. dostillevi

dostillevi Warlord

Try using whatever the hotkey is for next turn, or cycle through available units. If I recall it's just a glitch with clicking on the next turn button itself and might be related to the game somehow thinking there's a unit with unspent move points possibly. I'll try to get more information next time it happens to me (but it's rare).

JamesNinelives and vyyt like this.
  6. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

It happens (well, at least to me) when you start automating a worker. As mentioned above you need to press w to see which unit still needs orders, even if the 'next turn' button activates.

7. Professorsnuts

Professorsnuts Chieftain

Ive installed the patch with EUI and without. Without, around a quarter of the way through the game i cant research any techs and the tech tree is broken. with EUI none of the UI loads at all and at the top right of the screen is green and red squares. how may i fix this. I feel like i may have installed incorrectly.

8. myeong1129

myeong1129 Chieftain

Probably not an issue only in this version, but I just wanna comment about late-game unhappiness.
    I realize that during the late game most city's illiteracy unhappiness rise up to like 10 or so, even when all science building is constructed.
    I assume that's probably due to AI's preference for the research processing after completion of all buildings.
    I agree that the degree of education could take a large proportion of happiness in modern society.. but as a game, it makes me difficult to choose culture or gold processes, as well as to control happiness for my domination victory.
    I would like to ask if this is intended and is there any way to balance it if it is not intended. Thank you as always people!

Zuizgond and JamesNinelives like this.
  9. akasha27

akasha27 Chieftain

Where and how do you do this? Thank you

10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

You can edit TechCostChanges.sql located at
    Code:
    "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Tech\TechCostChanges.sql"
    These are the values i use; i changed the values of techs in Renaissance and later (grid 6 and the rest) leaving ancient, classical and medieval as they are.
    Code:
    -- Change Tech Costs (from CEP):

UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =      60 WHERE GridX =  1; --35
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     100 WHERE GridX =  2; --55
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     125 WHERE GridX =  3; --105
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     225 WHERE GridX =  4; --175
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     350 WHERE GridX =  5; --275
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =     660 WHERE GridX =  6; --485
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    1100 WHERE GridX =  7; --780
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    1650 WHERE GridX =  8; --1150
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    2875 WHERE GridX =  9; --1600
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    4025 WHERE GridX = 10; --2350
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    5750 WHERE GridX = 11; --3100
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    6900 WHERE GridX = 12; --4100
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    8050 WHERE GridX = 13; --5100
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =    9200 WHERE GridX = 14; --6400
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   10580 WHERE GridX = 15; --7700
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   11500 WHERE GridX = 16; --8800
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   12650 WHERE GridX = 17; --9500
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   13800 WHERE GridX = 18; --NEW!
    UPDATE Technologies SET Cost =   14950 WHERE GridX = 19; --NEW!

-- Speed Change
    UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = 300 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_MARATHON';
    UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = 150 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_EPIC';

JamesNinelives and akasha27 like this.
  11. Professorsnuts

Professorsnuts Chieftain

i dont have an existing DLC folder in the civ folders i have in my other drive. i moved the assets folder to the drive my game is installed to and i still get the same issue where i load with text and texture issues.

EDIT: ive been trying to play this mod for the past week it looks really fun and brings a lot to the game i just dont know how i can fix this issue

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  12. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Thank you. I've noticed it happened sometimes with units that are stationed in cities. If there is a unit outside of a city this bug never happens.

Thank you for the advice! Will try this out.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  13. SwirlSlayer

SwirlSlayer Chieftain

Hmm have you tried the solution posted here? The original problem was very similar to the one you described, so the Magnus Mutatio UI_bc1 might work for you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/civvoxpopuli/comments/d20t41/running_a_fresh_instal_of_civ_and_the_latest/

14. Professorsnuts

Professorsnuts Chieftain

SwirlSlayer likes this.
  15. andersw

andersw Emperor

Was there some extra bias vs Humans in this version or have it been like that for long?
    I mean why would England spy on me as fifth in techs to steal tech?
    Possibly I was higher on the list when we met but I doubt it.
    It doesnt make any sense unless its all AI's teamed up vs Human or that the first spy gets put out randomly to a player.

16. InkAxis

InkAxis Prince

How many spies do they have? They could have a lot of spies. It could be reasonable that they are spying on the top 5 tech leaders (also if the top tech leader is their friend, or they have been caught, then they are likely to maybe go to you.)

17. andersw

andersw Emperor

It was early game (England gets free spy from start) and while I was possibly higher when we met theres no chance I was first.
    She also would have met most if not all other AIs.
    Feels unlikely that I would have made the same choice when spying but maybe I was the only one who took bottom path and had techs the other ones didnt, Bronze working was stolen.
    I feel a lot of AIs went straight for Writing.

18. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

It is unusual that you would be the target. It's possible that she has already spied on the tech leader and they said 'stop spying on me'.

Generally speaking though, I don't think it makes sense to attribute to this being bias vs. humans. If it happens multiple times, sure.

vyyt likes this.
  19. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

My coastal capital is being ransacked repeatedly by a barbarian dromon (or galeass, I don't know, some kind of ranged ship) even though I have a unit stationed in it, taking 100 gold, 30 science etc. around turn 90. I thought barbarians couldn't steal yields from your cities if you had a military unit in it? Has anyone else experienced this, is this intended or a bug?

20. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

Barbarians always steal yields from your city, you have to destroy them, or have a military unit between your city and barbarians

vyyt and Bromar1 like this.