1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. andersw

andersw Emperor

I was wondering if it was the same experience others had.
    Maybe friendship and such also matters?
    Ie is the AI more likely to spy on someone the AI dislikes?
    This early its way way better to put the spy in a CS imo.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  2. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

England consistently spy on me in the early game (i get the notification that my city is vulnerable) or spies have been detected despite being behind in techs and other better targets on the continent.

3. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

My experiences is that AI England almost always used their spy to steal techs. I've also noticed that telling them to go away when you catch them can work though - and then they just spy on someone else instead.

I think the AI probably does consider how much it likes someone when choosing targets. I often gets spies from my rivals in the late-game and sometimes diplomats from my friends instead.

4. Imiona

Imiona Chieftain

My Game is messed up with VP Installed.

Attached Files:

5. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

I'm not sure that's true, when I have a military unit in my city and a land barbarian unit comes adjacent to my city, it doesn't take any yield.

6. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Imiona, any other mods installed? Have you tried deleting the Civ5ModsDatabase.db file from the Cache subfolder and then starting a new game?

7. Imiona

Imiona Chieftain

Look at my Modlist

8. Imiona

Imiona Chieftain

Yes, i did that right now, no change, it looks worse now^^

Attached Files:

9. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Hmm, ok, yeah, then it's probably a case of incompatibility of VP with one of the other mods. I always play with only VP, so I can't help you figure out which mod is the problem. Maybe someone else can do that, otherwise I'd recommend trying out VP and one other mod at a time until you figure out which mod or mods cause(s) the problems.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

It’s actually a percentile chance. While it’s highly likely that a barb steals, it’s not 100%

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  11. Imiona

Imiona Chieftain

I did that now, and to my surprise, it is YnAEMP. How in the World can a Custom Map mess up the Interface Textures in VP? If someone could try to reproduce this, this would be helpful.

12. andersw

andersw Emperor

With land barbs yes, a unit in city is enough.
    Boats seems to steal even if you have a garrison, not sure if ship garrison makes any difference.

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  13. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Stalker0, are you sure there's no difference between land and maritime barbarian units? Because I never lose yields to land barbarians if I have a unit in my city, whereas I'll (almost?) always lose yields to maritime barbarian units even if I have a unit in my city?

14. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I can't confirm that, but I do know the yield steal is a random function.

15. notaspambot

notaspambot Chieftain

Playing on an overcrowded (standard/16 civs) communitu map with slight modifications (more rivers/land), the diplomatic game definitely felt better with more actors involved. The game evolved into three major alliances that all hated each other, instead of the usual one major global alliance plus the player and one other warmonger civ as outcasts. One thing I've noticed however, is that the AI seemed to be fairly bad at taking cities. Their invasions tended to compose mostly of melee units and not enough siege units, and even though they still could've taken the cities by throwing their melee units at them, they played highly conservatively despite having no fire support to rely on. I wouldn't be too hasty on whether their compositions need a change, but the AI should at least be better at recognizing whether they have ranged units nearby and be more aggressive with their melee units if they don't, as there wouldn't be as much of a point in keeping them fortified all the time.

16. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

Land barbs steal from my cities all time, I play with raging barbs and in early game there are lots of barbs and they always take yields. Sometime it some food/money, other times when they take culture/science it hurts

Vhozite and JamesNinelives like this.
  17. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

They don't steal always.
    I can't confirm it, but at least it seems so, that the first contact of a barbarian unit with the city steals Yields but in the next turn, they don't.
    Like they would stealing every 2 turns.

18. Haile Marriam

Haile Marriam Chieftain

Sorry if this has been ask and answered, but has religion undergone a major overhaul with this update? In previous games as Ethiopia on emperor, I used to be one of the first (out of 12) to get pantheon. Now, it seems like I'm one of the last. Has the early game religion been touched and if so, what can I do to get a pantheon quicker? Thanks.

19. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

That's interesting! I haven't noticed that myself but thanks for bringing it up.

20. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Haile, on Deity I've always been the last (or among the last) to adopt a pantheon unless I built Stonehenge, and I haven't noticed pantheons being adopted sooner. I can say with certainty that religions are being founded later than before.