1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Vhozite

Vhozite Warlord

So I’ve read through the thread and seen the complaints about tech speed (especially on epic). I’m having the same issue on epic speed but in later eras.

I can keep up with techs pretty will until around the Industrial era. I’ve tried with several different civs and the AI starts teching super fast around industrial every time. I played a game as England where I was eclipsing my neighbors in techs for basically the whole game till I was in early-mid industrial and suddenly half the map blasted past me to modern.

Has something drastically changed in the last few versions? I’ve been gone for a while so I probably missed a version or two. I play on King and I’ve always been able to compete but now I can’t even keep up on Prince.

vyyt, Laz0r and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

It has significantly changed in this version, yes :). There's a new version that will be out soon though that sounds like it will address the issue! ^_^ I don't know exactly when though, sorry.

Vhozite likes this.
  3. notaspambot

notaspambot Chieftain

I've personally been greatly enjoying playing on the communitu map with circumnavigation on and an increased land percentage from 40% to 60%, which has had the side-effect of making continents taller overall. If you're specifically looking to move continents from the poles closer to the equator though, atlanticBulge and pacificBulge are probably what you are looking for in the mapscript, although I'm not sure how that compares to the continents map in particular.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. 2506

2506 Warlord

I think I found the answer in an old post at the map site. Play with the rifts. Accorsing to tu_79, "Atlantic is wide at the poles, thin at the equator. Pacific is the opposite, plus smaller islands in the middle and slightly bigger."

vyyt and Gitteh like this.
  5. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Thank you, I'll try first experimenting with your ideas.

6. Vhozite

Vhozite Warlord

Has anyone else had problems with civs declaring war on city states that are experiencing the “barbarian horde” event? If the barbs get close to or inside a civs territory it seems to often lead to a DoW.

They don’t seem too serious about conquering them since you can easily bribe them to make peace for basically nothing, so it’s not a big problem. I still find the behavior odd tho.

7. stii

stii King

They AI really like to attack CS currently so I think that horde event weakens the CS making it even more likely for them to declare war in those cases.

vyyt and LifeOfBrian like this.
  8. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

In one of my games England who was allied with a CS declared war on it as soon as the barbarian horde event started.

Nightmare Dusk and Vhozite like this.
  9. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

AI should never declare war on an allied CS...definitely a bug. A report would be useful.

10. Kim Dong Un

Finally getting to post a bit of feedback from a game I played on this version. DV turn 339, Carthage / Standard / Continents / King (with all AI decisions set to best). No 3/4 UC, with ruins and tech trading disabled.

Spoiler :
    Screenshot (196).png Screenshot (188).png Screenshot (197).png
    I've never before seen parity like in this specific game. I ended up with a dominant Progress run of 13 cities and majority religion, yet everyone was almost even the entire game. The game was fun and felt challenging, but I just couldn't imagine accomplishing anything more on a higher difficulty. I grabbed juicy land in the early/mid game, and had to fend off Babylon before we became allies, but there were no other real wars despite me wanting Washington's territory from the get-go. The peaceful wide win was dominant in many regards, such as my accumulated votes, military strength, religion, economy, etc., but it's just weird not seeing it translate into tech/policy advantage on the scoreboard -- and that's with the #city modifier reduced to 5% in this version!
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (198).png Screenshot (199).png Screenshot (200).png Screenshot (201).png Screenshot (202).png
    Authority America with only 6 cities sat right on top of me the entire game without attacking anything, yet was somehow on-par with my yields throughout... It was annoying that the DP's were bugged as he was allowed 4 instead of the intended 2, because the AI knew they had to protect him otherwise the game was won. He got to pester me all game with his UA while I dealt with unhappiness and couldn't establish a tech lead.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (152).png
    It actually freaked me out a bit because I can't remember the last time I'd unlocked Ideologies by reaching Atomic era before actually hitting 18 policies; probably influenced by the increased tech speed on this version. What are the odds of the first 5 civs all adopting on the same turn!?!
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (175).png

JamesNinelives and Erikose like this.
  11. stii

stii King

I would guess having so many cities tends to slow down your culture a lot. A lot of culture comes from guilds and everyone gets the same number of those.

12. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

i like the religion UI you are using, what modmod is this? any other recommend ui mods?

13. Laz0r

Laz0r Chieftain

Not sure if this is new but has anyone been noticing very questionable AI city trades to other AI's? In this game alone I saw Persia sell two out of it's eight cities, both being two cities founded by them and probably their best cities besides the capital, and I saw China sell one of it's five cities, having a good source of aluminum and a luxury and coal. Seems like such bizzare trades to me

14. Kim Dong Un

I was sitting on 11 cities for most of the game, settling a couple Colonists within the last 50 turns, so that's definitely not over-expanding. As a Progress civ, having more cities relative to the opposition should be the entire point, but I'm not going to delve into this debate once again. I'll see how things go in the new version.

My mod list is pretty simple and straight-forward as I try not to influence or convolute the base game too much. I haven't diverted from this list in quite some time, although I usually add 3/4 UC and sometimes a couple custom civs. I recommend them all for a fun and stable game ("Wonder Race" and "Convenient Start" are kind of cheating, so I haven't been using those lately despite them being solid modmods)
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (274).png
    I use a few different religion mods, but the mod you're asking about is "UI - Religion Spread" (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ui-religion-spread-vox-populi.627375/page-2#post-15716316). Combine it with "Calypso's Coloured Religious Icons (Basic)" to start, and you can add "UI - City Religions" if you want.

SuperNoobCamper likes this.
  15. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Improvements have been made in the latest version.