1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. CyberPhy

CyberPhy Chieftain

I scanned it with Windows Defender and it showed nothing

DizzKneeLand33 likes this.
  2. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Trade routes no longer generate religious pressure in this version?

3. Deaga

Deaga Chieftain

I'm having a bit of weird problem with this version of the mod.

If I close the game and want to go back to playing, I'm simply unable to load my saves. The game just crashes no matter what save I try. However, if I try to reload an old save without closing the game beforehand (ie reloading to a few turns back because I messed up), then it loads just fine. But if I ever close the game, that save is gone, as it'll always crash when trying to load. Any ideas on how to solve this?

4. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

There has been two fixes posted since the original came out, one fixed a crash to desktop during city placement and save loading like you explain. Try downloading again with the newest version.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  5. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Just tested it, still works.

Now it's hasn't done the "from trade routes" break down in ages if that's what you mean. It certainly increases pressure though.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Deaga and JamesNinelives like this.
  6. Deaga

Deaga Chieftain

This worked and even made my old saves work too. Thanks!

7. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Is anybody able to annex conquered cities? I press the annex button but nothing happens *forced me to resort to IGE to fix it and fix the auto annex instead of puppeting as well*. I'm not playing venice ofc.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  8. Deljade

Deljade Warlord

I can't seem to find the newest dll

9. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Image is broken.

10. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

This happens to me too, with the latest 'hotfix'. Windowsdefender won't let me save the file to desktop. So is this file clean or is it not!? This has NEVER happened before.

Threats detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D9!ml

11. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

@John.B.C , I just scanned the latest hotfix with Microsoft Defender and no malware was reported. Perhaps your version needs to be updated? My version is 1.325.528.0 (click on Start button --> search for Windows Security --> click on Virus & threat protection --> Virus & threat protection updates --> check for updates).

12. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

That's so strange. I had mine updated to your version - it's now even updated beyond it to 1.325.559.0.... and I still get this warning!

13. DukeBrani

DukeBrani Chieftain

Well, if you believe that the file is ok (I believe so :)), you could submit a false positive report to Microsoft using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

vyyt likes this.
  14. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

I'd rather not act upon belief. I actually don't know what to believe here. :crazyeye:

EDIT: In the end... this might be a well deserved break from playing nonstop :lol: - until the next release or something. I can't overcome the fact that I've never had this warning before, which has me suspicious in quite the negative way. I just can't risk installing this.

15. Solic

Solic Chieftain

Windows defender thus far has warned me for every release and I have played for at least a year. Never had any issues traceable to vox populi. To each their own however. :)

16. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Lots of people, me included, have installed it without issue. I always get Windows Defender warnings but the files are safe. This mod would not be as popular as it is if the creators were sneaking malware into it.

17. andersw

andersw Emperor

Thats one of the issues with AV products, they rely on ppl "Believing" that those work and shelling up for them, they generally leave a lot of false positives and miss very recent viruses, they also have a really hard time to deal with crypto viruses.
    If you want to be SURE you have to basically unpack stuff you download it into a secure VM and examine the stuff there.

and no I did not get a virus when installing any of the recent versions.

brutalz likes this.
  18. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian Prince

Bitdefender anti-virus shows no problems with the newest version of VP.

19. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I haven't had the opportunity to try yet, but I was having issues with this on the previous version. I'll get back to you!

20. hahastone

hahastone Chieftain

Hello.As a Chinese ,I use a simplified Chinese version of the game(by a patch) and the policy tree will have a problem:the text is different from the English version .How can I do that?

JamesNinelives likes this.