New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Yesterday Microsoft's antivirus (the one built into Windows 10) just up and deleted the "(10-7-2).exe" file like nobody's business. In its log, it claimed that the VP installer contained "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml". So obviously, we're on Microsoft's **** list now. :eek: (OR, there's an actual Trojan in there. Which would be sorta thematically appropriate. :D).

Anyway, I'm back to VP after having played hundreds of hours of Disco Elysium (highly recommend that one to any mature individual who enjoys reading), and I'm really excited about the new version, however... It looks like Borobudur is bugged. Any tips on how I can quick-fix it myself and continue playing? (Can I?)
I scanned it with Windows Defender and it showed nothing

I'm having a bit of weird problem with this version of the mod.

If I close the game and want to go back to playing, I'm simply unable to load my saves. The game just crashes no matter what save I try. However, if I try to reload an old save without closing the game beforehand (ie reloading to a few turns back because I messed up), then it loads just fine. But if I ever close the game, that save is gone, as it'll always crash when trying to load. Any ideas on how to solve this?

I'm having a bit of weird problem with this version of the mod.

If I close the game and want to go back to playing, I'm simply unable to load my saves. The game just crashes no matter what save I try. However, if I try to reload an old save without closing the game beforehand (ie reloading to a few turns back because I messed up), then it loads just fine. But if I ever close the game, that save is gone, as it'll always crash when trying to load. Any ideas on how to solve this?

There has been two fixes posted since the original came out, one fixed a crash to desktop during city placement and save loading like you explain. Try downloading again with the newest version.

Is anybody able to annex conquered cities? I press the annex button but nothing happens *forced me to resort to IGE to fix it and fix the auto annex instead of puppeting as well*. I'm not playing venice ofc.

Not really. Yesterday Microsoft's antivirus (the one built into Windows 10) just up and deleted the "(10-7-2).exe" file like nobody's business. In its log, it claimed that the VP installer contained "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml". So obviously, we're on Microsoft's **** list now. :eek: (OR, there's an actual Trojan in there. Which would be sorta thematically appropriate. :D).

Anyway, I'm back to VP after having played hundreds of hours of Disco Elysium (highly recommend that one to any mature individual who enjoys reading), and I'm really excited about the new version, however... It looks like Borobudur is bugged. Any tips on how I can quick-fix it myself and continue playing? (Can I?)

This happens to me too, with the latest 'hotfix'. Windowsdefender won't let me save the file to desktop. So is this file clean or is it not!? This has NEVER happened before.

Threats detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D9!ml

Last edited:
This happens to me too, with the latest 'hotfix'. Windowsdefender won't let me save the file to desktop. So is this file clean or is it not!? This has NEVER happened before.

Threats detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D9!ml

@John.B.C , I just scanned the latest hotfix with Microsoft Defender and no malware was reported. Perhaps your version needs to be updated? My version is 1.325.528.0 (click on Start button --> search for Windows Security --> click on Virus & threat protection --> Virus & threat protection updates --> check for updates).

@John.B.C , I just scanned the latest hotfix with Microsoft Defender and no malware was reported. Perhaps your version needs to be updated? My version is 1.325.528.0 (click on Start button --> search for Windows Security --> click on Virus & threat protection --> Virus & threat protection updates --> check for updates).

That's so strange. I had mine updated to your version - it's now even updated beyond it to 1.325.559.0.... and I still get this warning!

Well, if you believe that the file is ok (I believe so :)), you could submit a false positive report to Microsoft using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

I'd rather not act upon belief. I actually don't know what to believe here. :crazyeye:

EDIT: In the end... this might be a well deserved break from playing nonstop :lol: - until the next release or something. I can't overcome the fact that I've never had this warning before, which has me suspicious in quite the negative way. I just can't risk installing this.

Last edited:
I'd rather not act upon belief. I actually don't know what to believe here. :crazyeye:

EDIT: In the end... this might be a well deserved break from playing nonstop :lol: - until the next release or something. I can't overcome the fact that I've never had this warning before, which has me suspicious in quite the negative way. I just can't risk installing this.
Lots of people, me included, have installed it without issue. I always get Windows Defender warnings but the files are safe. This mod would not be as popular as it is if the creators were sneaking malware into it.

Thats one of the issues with AV products, they rely on ppl "Believing" that those work and shelling up for them, they generally leave a lot of false positives and miss very recent viruses, they also have a really hard time to deal with crypto viruses.
If you want to be SURE you have to basically unpack stuff you download it into a secure VM and examine the stuff there.

and no I did not get a virus when installing any of the recent versions.

Is anybody able to annex conquered cities? I press the annex button but nothing happens *forced me to resort to IGE to fix it and fix the auto annex instead of puppeting as well*. I'm not playing venice ofc.

I haven't had the opportunity to try yet, but I was having issues with this on the previous version. I'll get back to you!

Hello.As a Chinese ,I use a simplified Chinese version of the game(by a patch) and the policy tree will have a problem:the text is different from the English version .How can I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom