New pantheons

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
In addition to the pantheon beliefs that already exist from the G&k expansion plus the new pantheons that were added in the BNW patch, what other pantheon beliefs do you think will be useful?

I got one,

Sacred grounds (+1 faith from every plain tile.)

In addition to the pantheon beliefs that already exist from the G&k expansion plus the new pantheons that were added in the BNW patch, what other pantheon beliefs do you think will be useful?

I got one,

Sacred grounds (+1 faith from every plain tile.)

Geez, that would be sooooo overpowered. Desert folklore is already overpowered enough, and deserts, you know, yield nothing.

Divine protection (All fortified units adjacent to a city receive 0% combat bonus)

Geez, that would be sooooo overpowered. Desert folklore is already overpowered enough, and deserts, you know, yield nothing.

That's true, but what I'm trying to say I guess is that you don't always get a lot of plains except in the great plains map. This would be way overpowered in the great plains map. So instead change sacred grounds to allow +1 faith for each grassland.

Lumber Wonder - +2 production and +1 faith from all lumber mills worked by the city
Divine Right - +1 faith for every general alive

Desert folkore would not be overpowered - in fact it will be close to useless - if +1 faith only applied to tiles that yielded nothing. Having said that, +1 faith to (even, unimproved) plains or grassland would be overpowered.

Lumber Wonder - +2 production and +1 faith from all lumber mills worked by the city
Divine Right - +1 faith for every general alive

Lumber Wonder would be insanely OP even if lumber mills are not immediately available. LoL. Hiwatha and lumber wonder. OK.

Divine right is too weak, right. Every general in the world (in other civs also?) Still seems weak

Some ideas top of my head:

- Build trading posts 50% faster within 3 tiles from city following this pantheon.
- Cities defend 50% better against siege units
- Build naval units 25% faster
- 50% reduction in gold costs of shrines and temples
- Nuclear weapons built (or fired) in this city have x3 the range
- Build national wonders 30% faster
- Chopped forests give you twice the production boost
- Trade routes originating from this city has twice the range
- Coast and ocean tiles without resource yield +1 faith (additional +1 culture after navigation)
- Non-natural wonder tiles that yield 10 or more yields (e.g. some great people improvements or improved salt during golden age) provide extra +3 production
- Friendly units within 4 tiles of the city heal even if they perform an action
- Citizens in this city produce extra 100% unhappiness during resistance and when occupied
- City state military units gifted to this city gain additional +30 XP
- Great people improvements and great work produce +1 culture

- Nuclear weapons built (or fired) in this city have x3 the range

Heh

God of Destruction
Pillaging improvements, razing cities and using nuclear weapons creates :c5faith:

and maybe some more viable ones:

Sacred Lakes
+1 :c5food: and :c5faith: from Lake tiles

Spirits of the Swamp
Marsh tiles yield +1 :c5faith: and units may move through them as open terrain in friendly territory

Alchemic Lore
+1 :c5science: from Silver, Gold, Dyes and Spices

Zoolatry
+1 :c5faith: from Sheep, Cattle, Horses and Ivory

Holy Mountains
Mountains yield +1 :c5faith: and :c5culture:

I'd like this weird one, with strong bonuses for a rare tile.

Sacred Isles
+2 :c5culture:, +2 :c5food:, and +1 :c5gold: from Atolls. +1 :c5happy: for each Atoll within your borders.

To get a significant number of Atoll tiles, cities will need to be founded in remote areas, likely without any luxury resources nearby, so the :c5happy: keeps this strategy from being :c5happy: starved.

I won't lie, I want this most for Polynesia games.

[chuckle] How about something for Joe Versus The Volcano? +2 Faith, +2 Culture, +2 Happiness for every volcano -- there is only ONE in the game, that being Krakatoa -- where priests can annually appease the gods with a human sacrifice.

I think most are against it, but why can't pantheons always stick with a city even through a change in religion?

Which ever religion comes to a city first should be the pantheon that always stays with that city. Even if the religion is from a different religion not established by your civ.

New Pantheon ideas are always fun. Could use some pantheons that buff science. THe only direct ones are Messenger of Gods and God-King. I cannot come up with any ideas at the moment, but any suggestion to a pantheon on NWs would be crazy for Spain. We all know how One With Nature is, hohoho

New Pantheon ideas are always fun. Could use some pantheons that buff science. THe only direct ones are Messenger of Gods and God-King. I cannot come up with any ideas at the moment, but any suggestion to a pantheon on NWs would be crazy for Spain. We all know how One With Nature is, hohoho
Enlightened By The Gods. +1 Science for every ____ citizens in a city. (3? 5? More?) [Representative of a city environment that encourages research. Probably someplace where early colleges and universities would be springing up.]

Top Bottom