New patch? 1.0.0.621?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Azazell, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Azazell

Azazell Prince

My Steam download tonight new patch.. 26 MB. Whats changes this patch?

2. Escalate

Escalate Chieftain

Don't know if it was a coincidence but I traded 1-1 luxury with WU after patched (As it clearly seems I have a good relation with her)

I haven't see any different more than that though.

3. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

No patch notes?

4. cf_nz

cf_nz Prince

I just did as well, this was a trade that was previously (i.e. a few turns ago) a 2:1.

I've not found any patch notes yet.

5. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

Released 10/26/2010

* Legacy saves for players who own Babylon will work correctly.
    * Mods that broke (will not load, and saves would crash on load) as the result of the .62 patch (full Civ mods mainly) now work correctly.

* Scenario menu glitch corrected.
    * Exploit – Raze/Annex happiness fix.

(http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1241895#post1241895)

6. Panda_Power

Panda_Power Warlord

7. Azazell

Azazell Prince

Eh yes.. 1.0.0.621 is Hotfix + new fix (Exploit – Raze/Annex happiness)

8. Lanstro

Lanstro Prince

I confirm that an undocumented change in this hotfix seems to be that the AIs are happy to pay 450 bucks for a luxury resource again (at epic).

Loaded up my game from last night, where the AIs would only pay 225, now they're paying 450.

9. Rohili

Rohili King

What's up with all these undocumented changes? Not that I'm complaining, but it's as if the designers don't want to admit that they messed up previously, so they sneak in these fixes without announcing them (because that would be admitting that there was a problem previously).

10. biohazard72

biohazard72 Prince

Hey, I'll take it - I just started a Deity game, and 300 gold vs. 150 for a lux makes a HUGE difference, especially early game!

Also, research agreements seem to be offered at even too.

11. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

one step foward, two steps back - like musical chairs.

Who knows what changes we'll see next week.

12. Lanstro

Lanstro Prince

Very pessimistic! This is more like two steps forward one step back.

13. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

It's probably nothing quite so sinister. While I definitely prefer documentation it probably has a lot more to do with time. They had to QA and sneak in a few necessary changes to coincide with the DLC launch. I'd rather they do it and document it later than not do it.

For all the problems that there have been I've not really felt like they are trying to play this off as a smooth launch.

14. kuukkeli

kuukkeli King

I've had some weird stuff going on after the latest patch.

1) For a couple of times I've ended with more than one unit in the same hex. Seems to happen especially with ranged units that have already fired - a melee unit just walks to same hex and it becomes impossible to choose ranged unit.

2) At times units are unable to attack even though I think they should be able to do so. Here my horseman is trying to attack Ecbatana. He has 1 move left (started the turn on grassland east of Tarsus) but according to UI "No valid adjacent enemy target" even though the city is right there. Also the horseman is at full health, the red hit point bar belongs to catapult that is again in the same hex.

I haven't noticed this kind of behavior before the hotfix.

15. Samuil

Samuil Warlord

maybe horsemen can no longer attack cities?
    Makes sense if city has a fort or a castle

16. Valdyr

Valdyr Warlord

If they released patch notes, we wouldn't have to guess what's intentional and what's a new bug. :crazyeye:

17. factorial

factorial Chieftain

18. Valdyr

Valdyr Warlord

19. Kryhavok

Kryhavok Chieftain

Trading definitely seemed more balanced last night, but I really wasn't aware of any changes so I wasn't looking out for it. I asked Japan what they wanted for one of their (4) Cotton and he proposed the only Gold I had. I swapped the gold out for one of my (2) Dyes and he accepted.

20. kuukkeli

kuukkeli King

Can't be this. I conquered Tarsus with knights and horsemen and considering it has higher defense value than Ecbatana I doubt the latter has defensive buildings the first lacked (I'll confirm when I continue though).

I'm thinking that path finding has gone broken. If I remember correctly it wasn't possible to attack through your units before the patch (probably because failing to destroy the target would cause you to retreat to an occupied hex). Now I right clicked the city when horseman was on that grassland and path finding chose the route through my catapult. Seems that attack is still impossible even though I already occupy the tile I'd retreat to :crazyeye:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I did have enough move to attack legally: initial grassland and the two following hills all have roads so they'd use 1½ move, NE to hill with sheep costs another 2 leaving me with ½ move to attack the city. Now it shows that I have only 1 move left which suggests that I paid for the attack that never happened.