New Patch for Rising Tide: Wonder War and Chungsu new colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veras

Prince
"The team has released a new patch for Beyond Earth: Rising Tide. This new patch introduces the Wonder War, allows for Domination-focused plundering of an opponent’s final city, adds additional information about Artifact rewards, expands the Black Market Covert Op, and makes additional bug fixes and UI improvements. And last but not least, we’ve updated the colors for Chungsu.
The Wonder War is a set of changes to the AI that makes it far more aggressive towards players when a Planetary Wonder is constructed. The AI is now more actively concerned with preventing a player from winning the game, and so as the player begins their endgame, the AI factions will warn with more aggressive messaging via Communiques, and then switch to actively preventing the player from completing their victory. Alliances will be sorely tested as the player asserts the right to set humanity’s future direction, and adversaries are likely to become implacable enemies from that point.

The Black Market Covert Op now has a “Sell” function as well. Assigning an agent to this op allows you to discretely unload your strategic resources in exchange for Diplomatic Capital. The more experienced an agent, the more resources they can sell. The Diplomatic Capital rate remains constant per resource sold.

Domination Plundering allows a player to use the Spoils of War system to extract the War Score difference in techs or resources after taking an opposing faction’s final city.

We have also added access to information about any rewards you’ve unlocked through researching Artifacts. There’s a “+” button in the bottom-right of the screen which will expand out to show that information.

There are some changes in this patch which will also apply back to the basic Beyond Earth. A complete list of the changes in this patch may be found below.

New Features/Changes
• “Domination Plundering” - When you take an opponent’s final city during a war, you will now see the Spoils of War screen so that you can claim you War Score difference in techs and/or yields
• “Wonder War” - AI will now be far more aggressive when players complete a Planetary Wonder, including messaging via Communiques and Confrontations
• “Black Market: Sell” - You are now able to assign an agent to “Sell” unwanted resources via the Black Market in Covert Ops
• “Artifacts Overview” - You are now be able to see what rewards you’ve unlocked by researching Artifacts (found under the + button in the bottom-right of the screen)
• Updated colors for Chungsu sponsor

Quests
• Fixed an issue that could cause Victory quests to not progress correctly when performing quest steps out of order
• Moving a water city to claim Frigid minor Marvel nodes will now properly grant Geothermal (assuming “Ice and Conquest” was completed)
• Aquatic units will no longer change to embarked version when Completing “Point of No Return Null” quest with aquatic city
• Fixed an issue that could inappropriately cause “An Elemental Fate” to fail if an aquatic alien nest was used
• Fixed an issue that would cause “Solid State Citizen” to complete before all objectives were met
• Fixed multiple quests so they will no longer ask players to build land-only buildings in water cities

Diplomacy
• You will no longer gain or lose respect when you declare war due to an alliance
• Fixed an issue that could break Diplomacy screen on Windows 10 machines with certain settings

Art
• Fixed an issue that could cause tile improvements to disappear in base Beyond Earth
• Fixed an issue where affinity quest pop-ups would have the incorrect image displayed
• Outposts will now show correctly in Combat Preview
• Added support to show alternate colored civ icons in Trade Route

Overview
• Fixed an issue where a sponsor’s model would not appear if the city banner was selected while still in the process of meeting them
• Brought Rising Tide’s Alien Nest icon to base Beyond Earth

Balance
• Reduced yield strength for internal city trade routes
• Increased values of international city trade routes
• Fixed Pioneer Spirit city plot culture modification to match text as intended
• Fixed Alien Preserve quest reward now properly matches text
• Submarines are now included correctly in ‘Bonus vs Naval Ranged’ unit perk

Misc
• Fixed an issue that allowed workers to build roads or magrails on water city tiles
• Fixed text overlap issue in some tutorials
• Fixed an issue where the Gene Vault would not produce Worker units appropriately
• Damage preview shows correct value for embarked units"

Source: http://www.civilization.com/en/news...upcoming-changes-to-beyond-earth-rising-tide/

Well, do they know it's christmas?

My interest was piqued when I saw "wonder war", hoping it was going to be something of interest or value to do with wonders in general that actually built towards the end game. Silly me, just that thing people have been complaining the AI has needed since launch to maybe give the player something to do for the last 30 turns. Sigh.

All good stuff regardless. Will hopefully grant a bit of faith in Firaxis' patching, especially given now we've had two significant ones in less than the time it look to launch the Fall Patch for vanilla BE.

22.2MB on Steam, for anyone who has to think about data caps.

I like that these patches are actually adding new features rather than just balance patching. If they keep this up, little by little, the game will be complete.

So does civilization.com freeze up anyone else's browser (firefox) with scripts that can't be be blocked without disabling the whole site? Forgot about it but it just happened again.

The new Chungsu, for those that are curious:

Spoiler :

I think I like it. It looks like a green-hued ARC.

So does civilization.com freeze up anyone else's browser (firefox) with scripts that can't be be blocked without disabling the whole site? Forgot about it but it just happened again.
Still happening for me. I've reported it to them on social media, so hopefully their web team is aware of it.

I've always had this problem with both Firefox and Safari. It's been around so long I no longer even attempt to read anything on civilization.com and just wait for players to cut-and-paste or summarize announcements here in the forums instead. Otherwise, instant-crash every time I go to the site.

I have Firefox and find that civilization.com loads very slowly and freezes the browser while it is loading. This is not exclusive to that site but it is one of the worst.

Isn't AI the biggest problem of the game? Why bother fixing other things?

It will be interesting when someone is able to test the "wonder war" feature to see how good the AI is at stopping you from winning. Firaxis claims the AI is now more aggressive towards the player when they are close to winning an affinity victory. If the AI actually does launch a decent attack against the player's victory wonder, then we will know that the AI has been improved. If the AI threatens, moves a few units around but basically nothing more, then we will know that the AI has not been improved enough.

This is not a reason to not fix or improve anything else, sorry.

Agreed. Systems need to be looked at wholisticly, otherwise perspective is lost. Flaws arise when different parts are targeted without checking their connection with and impact upon other parts. (*glances at hybrid affinities) I agree that AI is a huge factor that needs to be addressed, but not at the cost of ignoring the other subsystems.

It's missing a fix for the "AIs will totally not be able to do anything against you just rolling over them in water-based environments"-problem, but other than that it's a bunch of nice changes.

There's even a new Variable for internal Trade Routes...
<Row Name="TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_CURVE_INTERNAL_RECIPIENT_PERCENTAGE">
<Value>0.75</Value>
</Row>
...that will be very useful for modders, as it allows changing the ratio between sending and receiving internal cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom