1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Patch Incoming!

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Seek, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seek

Seek Chieftain Supporter

http://www.civilization.com/en/news...civilization-beyond-earth-winter-2015-update/

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Looks like some pretty big changes. Love the pop based trade routes and auto-renew options! YES!!!!! And all the wonders now have real wonder-like cool abilities!! WOW!

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Sounds like a good update. I hope it comes soon.

4. JokerJace

JokerJace Chieftain

Like how all wonders fulfill the meaning of the term now. (Armasail excluded maybe) Before the patch many wonders were even weaker than some profane buildings. Happy to see they finally fixed one of the most blatant issues... after 4 months. At least that's a step in the right direction. But since the leaders, the tech web and the virtues and any other system in the game all need the same kind of rework, I'll keep passing for now.

So will trade depots now be available to build without any prequisites?

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Judging by the naming scheme, they are only going to do quarterly patches. So don't expect more than that.

6. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Oh, cool.
    I did expect them to finally implement the Daedalus Ladder and New Terran Myth, but the many changes to wonders are a welcome addition. More unique effects and fewer percentage bonuses. That's how wonders are supposed to be.
    There are only two things I dislike:
    1. The Orbital duration from Quantum Computer. Apparently they still haven't realized that +x orbital duration is a penalty and not a bonus for some satellites.
    2. The only changes to virtues are nerfs to two of the already weaker ones. now there's no reason at all to take the right branch on Knowledge.

7. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Chieftain

I like the wonder changes at first glance, with many of them receiving truly unique effects to separate them from regular buildings. The trade route system certainly seems to buff tall play and nerf wide play, which was probably needed (although I did like how much easier it was to play wide than it is in Civ V).

I am disappointed there is no mention of restoring the post turn 100 quests that were removed in the last patch. Hopefully this was fixed but just forgot to make the patch notes.

8. Dux1

Dux1 Chieftain

Am I reading this wrong? This sounds more useless than this wonder's current implementation. This is worse than a standard Civ 5 library. In order to reach the modest but immediate current benefit of +7 Science, you would need it to be in a city that has a population of 27 21. Useless.

9. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Chieftain

Your math is off, you need 21 pop (7*3=21).

10. JokerJace

JokerJace Chieftain

Oh, I thought this was an additional effect? If those are the complete 'new' effects, some wonders are still awful... Wow... If that's true, they didn't even get this one right...

11. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

I'm a big fan of being forced to register for additional accounts, because hey, we all know, you can never have enough accounts and passwords to manage. NOT.

So now that the negativity is out of the way... :>

...that patch sounds like a lot of fun. With some Exceptions the Wonders actually sound like they can now support interesting strategies that may not be the "fastest way to victory", but at least become somewhat viable. -> Love it.

Trade Routes: Yes, good idea, though I really wonder how many trade routes that will be. If we suddenly have 6 trade routes per city, then that will become REALLY annoying during war. And it doesn't seem they change anything about the way the trade route yields work now, so meh.

Some of the most annoying bugs getting fixed is great.

And the fact that they don't do anything against that "Rush to victory" that starts in the middle of the game, really sucks.

But overall I'm really looking forward to this.

12. Hinkle2K

Hinkle2K 2K Games Staff

FWIW, the my2K thing is literally just an email address and password. It's pretty painless and you get a free map to boot!

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. The devs see this stuff so keep it coming! :)

13. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

I already saw "my2K" in Evolve.
    Can you please tell us about the purpose of my2K?
    Can you please tell us where and how we can create an account?

14. Victus75

Victus75 Chieftain

Yeah not a fan of an extra account, but that seems to be where things are heading. Free map type will always sucker me in anyway :p

Still excited that they are patching with an eye towards fixing bugs and improving the game!

15. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Chieftain

I'm going to presume to speak on behalf of casual players everywhere when I say: Thank you for the auto-renew option!

16. Dux1

Dux1 Chieftain

:blush: I guess I was too hasty in my gamer rage to add correctly! Post fixed.

Still, I don't think requiring 21 pop to get a bonus that used to occur anyway is much better than requiring 27; it's essentially worthless either way. I can only hope that the notes are wrong and that it's supposed to be +1 Science per 3 pop in every city, similar to the +1 Culture per 3 pop in every city for the new Deep Memory wonder. This might be worthwhile for a population-focused player, although it still sounds a little weak.

17. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Chieftain

Wow... what does the elephant in the room have to do to get noticed? Take a dump on your couch and sit on your wife?

Nothing done to nerf AU

18. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Pretty sure these bonuses are added to what is already there, if not, then most of these wonders would be quite useless.

And yes, AU + Loadout still needs an overhaul, too.

19. Hinkle2K

Hinkle2K 2K Games Staff

We have a pretty comprehensive FAQ about my2K on the 2K Support site that should be able to answer your questions: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201335163-my2K-Frequently-Asked-Questions

I can't really talk about the nuts and bolts (I'm not a programmer) of my2K but to my knowledge it's how Starships and Beyond Earth communicate with each other, to facilitate the unlocks between both games. As for what those unlocks are, well, Sid wants you to discover those on your own. ;)

20. Dux1

Dux1 Chieftain

I apologize for my ignorance, but AU?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.