new patch is on its way: 1.0.1.275, released April, 28th

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by snipperrabbit!!, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Awesome! Thanks Zyx!

2. sav

sav Prince

Well what I meant was the particular type of crash that happened whether the mod was loaded or not at this stage appears to be gone. Which is good.

3. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

It's awesome to see the on-going development and support for this game from 2K/Firaxis, especially so many other titles released last year are done (including titles from 2K).

4. sevopie

sevopie Chieftain

My first game with the new patch, I decided to play a duel against China with raging barbarians. Little did I know that the barbarians would proceed to get musketmen BEFORE either of us, and took my 2 satellite cities within 3 turns.

5. ravingrodent

ravingrodent Chieftain

My first game after the patch (and in three weeks). King, Standard size pangaea, none of the AIs had more than 5 cities...is this caused by the patch??

6. Milamber

Milamber Chieftain

Anyone know if the new patch has fixed the AI in multiplayer?

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

I know, let's just hope they'll take the time to do it before the next DLC which will need to change a city-state, there are already enough misleading entries in the XML files...

Well, I think that what's make me ranting a bit on that (small) point is that I thought I had anticipated such a situation (CS replaced because of DLC civs) and take time to make sure my mods won't broke if a City State entry is removed to finally realize that they've choosen a totally unexpected (for me) way to do it :D

8. ras9929

ras9929 Chieftain

Looks like the AI tweaks are helping (or in this case hurting me) the game.

Played a couple games and here's some thoughts:
    Barbarians move with some purpose now, and def have started attacking my cities
    Both Enemies & Barbs seem to pack up a lot better.

Just finished a game where the Ottomans of all people found Skilldorado and got quick gold, and warrior spammed the hell out of me (2 waves of 5 warriors @ turn 50 and 70)
    I defended, but dang I've never seen a coordinated attack like that before.

I'm highly encouraged that the CiV team seems to be finally focused on making the AI be able to handle 1UPT as I may be in the minority, but actually really like it.

9. puwen

puwen Me? just lurking

Mu biggest joy with this patch is the fix of the scrollfreeze, tried one of my old Huge Terra saves that freezed after just a turn or 2. Working just fine now:)

10. SHADOW-XIII

SHADOW-XIII Chieftain

and where is promised hotseat multiplayer?

sorry but it looks like old greedy bastards who forgot about people enjoying social gaming on 1 pc... :[

11. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Probably the last patch, not this one. With more city spacing, it's quite possible for a balanced game to wind up with no one having more than 5 cities (al least before the late-game expansion wave).

MP (and hotseat) are on the 2K to-do list, but have no ETA. When there is one, I am sure you will hear about it.

12. Khavikanum

Khavikanum Chieftain

There any way to uninstall the latest patch, and wait until the next one comes out?

There are some odd and frustrating bugs in the latest patch that make it too frustrating to play for us. (pout) I'll see if I can find the bugs forum and post em there, but I don't think we'll play Civ5 again until something changes.

13. anandus

anandus Errorist

Here's the bug forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=390

As for uninstalling, as far as I know that's not possible.

14. mtrein

mtrein Chieftain

Not really. This wouldn't have been necessary had they released a polished game in the first place.

This is the least they can do. Fix the game. Pity there is still such a long way to go :(

15. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

I'm curious, what more would you like to see fixed? Don't have to give an exhaustive list of course, but what needs the most work in your opinion?

16. cccv

cccv King

Technically, the least they can do is say "we're happy with the game as is." I agree that we shouldn't have to be grateful just because they're fixing a game they put out incomplete, but sadly, we kinda do.

17. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Also, in spite of complaints, I'm glad the game is released and isn't in development limbo.

18. sevopie

sevopie Chieftain

Very rarely is a game ever perfect, but obviously you guys liked something about this game, or else you wouldn't have played long enough to argue about the things you don't like.

19. Hollowboy

Hollowboy Chieftain

Do the some of the wonders "come apart" after you complete them? Most notably the Great Library? How about fixing that? It's petty I know but it's annoying.

20. nagano

nagano Chieftain

Is it just me, or do coastal and lake tiles look clearer after the patch?