NEW PATCH ? - My Stonhange got built in the sea as always. This is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossconian

Warlord
Is it ever to be fixed ? It is almost a year after release and they just got no time to get it sorted. This is like a splash in a customer's / player's face.

Really? In Your opinion code for city look algorithm is the most important thing to fix?
Then You will be really disappointed by the fact, that after reloading saved game it could move from one place to another. I think this might be Your biggest issue with realism problems in game. All these citizens will be really surprised, when they go to take photo of Statue of Liberty and it's not where it has been all these years...

To add some more serious info:
You have no idea, how many variables need to be considered, when creating such algorithm. City size, many unique buildings (wonders), how they interact with each other (many times walls go in the middle of building), how much land as available around city (ocean, mountains can interfere with that). It's not like building location have any meaning like in simcity.
In my opinion they did pretty good job with that algorithm, but it's just my own opinion as a programmer.

Is it ever to be fixed ? It is almost a year after release and they just got no time to get it sorted. This is like a splash in a customer's / player's face.

Absolutely! A joke!!!

This clearly proves the inferiority of the recent Civ sequel and that Firaxis gives nothing on it's customers whishes but is led by greedy misanthrope!
This game is plain unplayable and the worst botch that ever did find it's way on my hard disk!

Imagine! Stonhenge STILL build in water!!! My face hurts!

It's a feature added so you can play around with various layouts when thinking how best to decorate your fish tank.

I had a game where Egypt built Stonehenge. Egypt! Stonehenge belongs to England!
This game it totally broken, because it does not represent history and wonder locations accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom