New patch v1.21f this week!

Hagbart

Warlord
Just got this from Apolyton! :)

Jeff Morris:
Unless there is a last minute issue, we’ll release the readme.txt this Wednesday (4/17/02) and the patch on Friday (4/19/02). It’s v1.21f.

Good news indeed, Hagbart - thanks.
I did have to go to Apolyton, though, so I curse you at the same time. Not to slag the site/forum owners, but that place is something else.
I must now go and take a shower.

Seriously, I am very much looking forward to the patch. As I slid back down to 1.16, I am hoping beyond hope that I can get back to stacked movement.
Again, thanks Hagbart.

Indeed,great news.
It'd be good if they'd re-think the ressource mod(putting requirements for units needing normally requirements)and create a real civ custom system

Is it time to cry out our favorite fix? Is it time? Is it time?

My call is for inherited unhappines because of whipping by the AI.

I mean getting rid of the bad effects of course!

I'll bet there will be more changes in this patch then the last one, 1.17 - 1.21 vs. 1.16 - 1.17.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
ive been coming back everyday for the last 2 weeks to find this piece of news! schweeeet!! now i know when i can finally play civ again! :D :goodjob: :lol: :yeah: [dance] :jesus:

Originally posted by TubaGuy
I'll bet there will be more changes in this patch then the last one, 1.17 - 1.21 vs. 1.16 - 1.17.

I hope you're right, but no guarantees. All the patch number means is that there were three attempts (18, 19, and 20) that didn't get past QC/Testing.

Don't forget to come back on Wednesday to see the ReadMe!

I just hope Firaxis don't put the wrong editor in this time... ;)

i dont want to be negative but i was playing original version until last week, the only problem i had is:
1.- air supperiority didnt work.
2.- precision strike didnt work.
3.- that s all

now since i patch my game with 1.17, my artillery faill 90% of the time ( either ctapult , cannon, bomber) precison strike work 30% of the time. A.I. trading problem ( already discuss a lot), inherited unhappiness and so on.

so does the new patch will annoy me more or it will make the game fun to play ?

Okay this is starting to get sick. Three trips up to my alma matar since the game came out and each time that first friday/thursday that I am up there a patch for the game comes out. The coincidence here is getting weird, though I wish that luck would work for me in other ways.;)

As for the one complaining about bombardment units missing so much. They still hit other units the same number of times, its just that you can take a city without having every improvement destroyed.

Since this is not an expansion, i was wondering how much is there to fix? There are a few bugs like inherited unhappiness and maybe the tech trade problem we all face but i really haven't found much more.

Also looking forward to having my artillery be able to kill units. :goodjob:

Originally posted by God
....and maybe the tech trade problem we all face but....

Also looking forward to having my artillery be able to kill units. :goodjob:

they're the only 2 things im really rootin for, cant wait to find out any other goodies included tho either! :crazyeye:

Originally posted by etj4Eagle

As for the one complaining about bombardment units missing so much. They still hit other units the same number of times, its just that you can take a city without having every improvement destroyed. [/B]

When there is a window saying artillery bombardement failed, you know it mean it fail, it didnt hit any unit at all, i use bombardement previously to decrease big city size, now it almost impossible even with 12 stealth bomber, the city got time to grow because they miss so much. i was able to decrease an ennemy city size 32 only with 12 radar artillery, 20 stealth bomber and about 12 battleshipe pummuling round after round, i never saw so much miss before i patch. and who did the complaint about artillery accuracy was too high, i cant beleive they do change like that just to annoy the gamer.

I wonder if the A.I will start building some artillery units after patch 1.21f???

Lets hope so!

(copy and paste function to the map editor YEAH!)
(able to set actual civilisation placements in editor COMEON!)
(inherited unhappiness GET RID OF IT!)

:crazyeye:

Top Bottom