1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New PC question

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by shmily_dana, Nov 28, 2017.

1. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Chieftain

I am in the planning stages for building my next PC. While I know that any current processer will exceed the requirements to run CIV6, I am curious if anyone as any input as to what is better. I am thinking AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel I5-8400 or I5-7500. My current system has an I5-750, which has served me well for about 7 years. So I've been happy with Intel, but would use AMD.

What ever processer I get, I'll probably try to go with 16gigs of RAM and a GTX 1060 gpu.

Other games I play are Master of Orion, Endless Space, Endless Legend and Company of Heroes II. I'll probably get Stellaris, Endless Space II, and similar titles when I get a new machine.

thanks for any insight(s) you have.

2. hongyu20

hongyu20 Chieftain

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017