New pitboss starting in 7 days - 4 free slots

2metraninja

Defender of Nabaxica
Hi guys and gals. I do not know if it is allowed to advertise games on another site, but since there are not many pitboss games here recently and some players might be looking to play some civ4 pitbosses, I will do so. Couple of years ago I started playing at the Spanish speaking APT tournament located at Apolyton. It is organized championship with points distributed for wins and ranking, rules and regular games.

Of course the obvious drawback is the need to use Spanish at least to some extent, but this is not that great inconvenience. Google translate does decent job and also many of them, including the administrator speak English too. The other thing is you will have to learn the few rules there are in the tournament and to agree to follow them. Which are not that hard - like no razing of cities bigger than size 8, no double moving when declaring war, no speaking with other players before you get Alphabet and so on. There is a small test before you are allowed to play in order to be sure you know and agree with the rules of the community and the tournament, but I can help you with it if someone needs it. So far for the cons.

And now for the good part:

- There are at least 5 pitboss games starting each year. 4 normal pitbosses and one in modern era with advanced start, so your thurst for Civ4 is always satisfied.
- 20+ active players in the community.
- There is a mod which makes virtually impossible to double- move. Some of you might know it from the Intersite demo game. It allows connections to the game only for players who can play and the other parties in turn split will have to wait to play their part. Each party is given separate 24 hours window to play.
- There is score and points given for each game and then each player is put in rankings, so for the competitive ones there are medals and cups and Hall of Fame. There is written history of all the games and players back to the beginning of the tournament 10 years ago so you can compare yourself to the heroes of the past and make new feasts and glory.
- There is a money pool which is divided between the players who end up in the top 3 place of the tournament for each year.
- Games are played with diplomacy ON and tech trading ON, but brokering OFF. Of course it is your choice to use and to what extent diplomacy. You can only use short agreements with specific clauses as NAPs, military alliances, trade deals, etc, or you can try to create relationships with other players.
- Anonimous play - no one knows who is who at the start of the game. This gives the comfort for both novices and perceived strong veteran players. Novices will not be automatically targeted as easy victims and veterans will not get dogpiled just because they pose stronger threat in the future.
- Each player who is alive gets points which contribute to the year ranking, so there is stimulus to play as leader of a real nation and not only to play to win the game at all costs. Plus there is a reward for improving your position no matter if you have chances to win the game or not.
- Hosting is top notch with dedicated site for games tracking and fully responsive administrator.

Anything else you can be interested in before joining, you can ask me here and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Or if all this sounds already good to you and you want to join this alive Civ4 pitboss community, you can do so at:
https://apolyton.net/forum/civilization-...-ntilde-ol

I guess many of you already do have Apolyton account, so that will be even easier.

The next game starts in just 7 days from now and have 4 free slots. It will be natural Archipelago map with random restricted leaders.

Well, that is for now, hopefully see some of you there.

Top Bottom