New Polling Option

Should We Use the New Polling Option During Elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:D Don't be afraid to use english either, tao. Low Deutsch is hard for me to translate.

This is not the real world, this is a game. A game in which some of the proponents for "secret" ballots have been involved in elections that had vote counts of over 50 in games of only 25 participants (and that's being liberal). This isn't Germany and noone wants to restrict your inalienable rights.

If you look at the voting report, you'll notice that most of the votes for open ballots come from the new people to this game. It's the veterans who can pull votes in from the far reaches of CFC (to include Moderators) that wish to keep the ballots hidden.

Chieftess said:
Well, suppose a poll gets 40 votes. You're going to have 40 posts atleast of "I voted for so and so". You're going to have another 40 posts of "oh no! You tied it!", "Go so-and-so!".
CT, that's our current system. "I voted for so and so" posts would be unnecessary if we did not have secret voting. Please check out this poll function if you haven't already.

Cyc said:
:D Don't be afraid to use english either, tao. Low Deutsch is hard for me to translate.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That was Latin. Tiberius.

I still remember my Latin class and that the above quote (oderint dum probent) is much nicer than his successor's (Caligula) "oderint dum metuant". :goodjob:

Cyc said:

This is not the real world, this is a game. A game in which some of the proponents for "secret" ballots have been involved in elections that had vote counts of over 50 in games of only 25 participants (and that's being liberal). This isn't Germany and noone wants to restrict your inalienable rights.

If you look at the voting report, you'll notice that most of the votes for open ballots come from the new people to this game. It's the veterans who can pull votes in from the far reaches of CFC (to include Moderators) that wish to keep the ballots hidden.

You, Boots, CG, and I aren't exactly 'new,' and we make up the majority of the yes votes. Though it does seem the new members are voting our way. :p

tao said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That was Latin. Tiberius.

I still remember my Latin class and that the above quote (oderint dum probent) is much nicer than his successor's (Caligula) "oderint dum metuant". :goodjob:

But Latin is Low Deutsch! :lol:

No seriously, the only Latin I had in school were Latin Americans. And Caligula was a perverse movie I watched many years ago. Sorry I'm not up on the 2300 year old languages. What are you trying to tell me?

wtg, eyrei. :thumbsup: that was an unexpected vote. Muchos kudos to you, senor. :goodjob:

I don't think this option should be used for elections. I believe in anonimous voting, to remove accusations like "Why did you vote for him". If the voter wants his choice known he can (and will) post it.

In other in-game polls this option is more useful as an aid to express your opinion on why you voted for your choice.

Donovan Zoi said:
I voted NO, as a vote check can be done easily by the moderators upon request. Citizens should continue to be allowed to vote privately.
with that knowledge, I vote no.

Well, there we have it, people. Of the 25 voters, 13 of them wouldn't mind seeing open elections in Demogame 5. Only 12 people voted against the measure. This is definitely something to keep in mind when you are writing the Constitution for DG5.

Open elections will curtail the corruption!

Cyc said:
Well, there we have it, people. Of the 25 voters, 13 of them wouldn't mind seeing open elections in Demogame 5. Only 12 people voted against the measure. This is definitely something to keep in mind when you are writing the Constitution for DG5.
That's 1 funny way to change a "NO" vote to a "Yes" vote. ;)

Rik Meleet said:
That's 1 funny way to change a "NO" vote to a "Yes" vote. ;)

:lol: That's 1 funny way of looking at the facts, RM. I changed none of the NO votes. The two people that voted abstain are not opposed to open ballets.

There we go people! I'm very happy to report that, although informational as it may be, this poll's results show...

Open Ballots have won! 15/13/2.

Bootstoots said:
It is if you discount the abstainers. :p (which would of course make it more than 50%)

Why would you discount a vote? They expressed no preference.

Ahh, the wonderful thing of interpreting statistics. Is it:
"More people expressing a preference prefer open votes."
"More people do not want closed votes."
"A majority for open votes could not be established."

All of those are valid interpretations of the results. Pick one based on your viewpoint.

-- Ravensfire

Right. A Majority of Fanatican voters are not opposed to open ballots. :thumbsup:

Right. 50% of Fanatican voters do not favor to open ballots. :p

I think Zorven may need to see an eye doctor :p.

CivGeneral said:
I think Zorven may need to see an eye doctor :p.

Look at the numbers, CG, his viewpoint is a possible one.

That's the problem with statistics. Unless the question is rigidly defined, with similarly rigidly defined answers, the interpretation of the results can be problematic.

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom