New Preview - Potential Release Date

Karl0413

Prince
Saw this just now:

http://airherald.com/a-look-at-civilization-beyond-earth-out-by-september/3330/

The main thing is the first paragraph:

Excitement is building for Firaxis Games and 2K’s upcoming title Civilization: Beyond Earth, which was announced for the third quarter, meaning it should hit shelves by the end of September at the latest.

If this is true that means they plan to roll it out in roughly the same time frame they rolled out Civ V.

That seems to be inference rather than an announcement. And a strange inference at that. They apparently translated 'Fall' to '3rd quarter', when 'Fall' could mean as late as the end of November.

It's unlikely that the release date will become known via a minor article. It will likely be announced directly by 2K.

So basically, nothing new then. We already knew it was coming out this year (and I think we already knew it was coming out in the fall). September sounds about right, though.

They announced the game for "this fall", so september is the deadline :p

Actually December 22nd would be the deadline (start of winter)

That's a rather pathetic preview. It's barely 1 page and gives only the very basic info on what the game is about.

That's a rather pathetic preview. It's barely 1 page and gives only the very basic info on what the game is about.
From what I can tell, that doesn't look like an "official" preview article (i.e. one made in cooperation with Firaxis) but more like a "fan" article by gathering information from various news outlets and collating some key points.

Astronomical seasons start on the relevant solstice or equinox - so 22nd December is the first day of winter.

Meteorological seasons go a bit earlier, to the start of the relevant month.

Some of these titles get shipped off early sometimes.. BNW shipped off earlier than expected last year if I remember correctly..

Top Bottom