new projects

Oooooooh... :worship: :worship: :worship:
really, that´s great! I´ll have to use the classical greek ones in HTS!
btw are you willing to make a mod about the Byzantine Empire´s history, from the late Roman Empire to the Ottoman conquests?

civ3 is not nearign death, that´s an ugly lie! It will be alive as long as we continue modding.

Spacer One said:
personally I just got into Modding in the last year ( I know I was under a rock) and Civ4 wont have the amazing selection of units/buildings/terrain for a couple of years
That´s right. civ3 modding really started a year or so after civ3 came out. Until then, the mainstream still was civ2.
But let us not hijack this thread from it´s original theme. The main thing is, is anyone willing to make a byz mod with me? I can´t do it on my own, I have enough with HTS, trying to make munits (with a lot of help from Steph) and school in that order.

Why dost someth of yonder Greek buildingth looketh like the Age of Empires buildings found thither?

Then it´s pure luck. They are very good.
What do you say about the other question, the more serious one?

No one will ever stop playing civ3 as long as you are contributing with your artistic talent, I'm sure ;)

It looks like you are off to a good start with they byzantine series. You, no doubt, know much more about byzantine architecture than I do, so any building you choose to put in this series will probably be accurate. So I have a suggestion / request - how about a large domed cathedral (or large domed cathedrals). It would be great if you could make the dome(s) on a cathedral blue, or at least I think so.

Also, I'm sorry I sort of disappeared when you were in the midst of making slavic cities. You once again have made an excellent city set though.

I must say that infact i owe a huge deal to RedAlert and his cities, since a lot of his designs have been used by me, and then edited heavily. So the point about not using graphics by other people was meant more like: i dont use graphics from other games ;) I just have gathered a large number of lready made shapes now and so can just edit my own designs so as to create new ones, and so am not dependant on foreign designs anymore ;)

As for the greek cities: i am not sure that i will make them (ok, i probably will) Atm i am working on the byz cities.
I started making graphics for civ3 in a rather antagonistic mode, but it is a lot better to just be happy with contributing something. I am definately looking forward to dling your new industrial (usa) set RedAlert :)
As for domes: i cannot make them :( But i can use one of yours, which are very well made ;)

here is a pic of what sixe #2 looks atm, still far from being completed. It can be compared to the slav size #2 also in the pic

I suspect that i will not change size #2 drammatically from this (the filler street terrain will change). Although it was a bad move to start by making size #2 (now i will have to take things out to make size #1) Size #3 may have a domed building, some of the agia sofia churches or another one.

edit: i altered some more stuff and now it is almost done.

As for the byzantine empire mod: it probably is a bit late for that. I actually have a finished map with cities from the 1360's, but it is very difficult to make. Here is a pic from that, in the venice-byzantine border in the Peloponnesos.

Why do you say that the byz mod is too late?

I wouldn't be quick to call Civ3 obselete even with Civ4 coming close. It took a while for modding to get done for Civ3 after it was released and even then, most of the major mods were primarily for Civ2. There's still life in Civ3, just as there's still life in Civ2. :)

Top Bottom