New release: R.E.D. v.39 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
v.39 (May 22, 2015)

- DLL :
  • The value to estimate combat results (large/small victory/defeat) based on damages difference was hardcoded to 30, changed to 7 to reflect the mod's values
  • Max received damage in any situation is 15 HP, to prevent kills in 3-4shoots
  • Use new DLL event to call function at the beginning of a turn, not at the beginning of each human player turn
  • One melee attack per turn from inside a city and no attack from inside a city for sea units
  • No Zone Of Control on sea
  • Add a function to create a RED_WWII folder in the game's "assets/DLC" folder to override some vanilla files to prevent crash on load before deactivating DLCs/Mods
  • Crash fix for some case of tentative of air attack on an embarked unit.
  • Allow promotion of units after combat
  • Bug fix in strategy flavor (dividing by zero, the case did not occurs with vanilla civ5 values)
  • Test for military/strategy AI (attack closest cities in priority)
  • No more selling gold for gold per turn, unless for peace or when allied

- Features :
  • Starting French translation
  • a lots of new units (and corresponding projects) added
  • Can toggle the reinforcement tooltip to show requirement for all units, including those that have no supply lines
  • Add Oil resource (including stock and use) on the europe 39-45 map
  • Add more conditions for projects availability
  • Allow repeatable projects
  • Add auto-repair function for improvements pillaged by Special Forces
  • Give Materiel and Oil when capturing a city, depending on it's size
  • Add "The MotherLand Calls" operation to USSR (available and repeatable when losing the war)
  • New building: oil refinery (can stock 1000 oil) for all nation
  • Allow special forces to embark from anywhere and move after attacking
  • Add objective information to top panel in the 39-45 Europe scenario
  • Add "Fortification" unit (not in build list, immobile, defense only, but can counter-fire and use defensive first strike)
  • Add "Maginot Line" and "Westwall" options to the 1939-1945 Europe map
  • When attacking from sea, winning the combat will force the defending unit to retreat, but it's the attacking unit that will get extra damage (heavy offensive)
  • Add "PERMANENT_WAR_DECLARATION" to scenario rules (default = true), when using alternate history any declaration of war is permanent (prevent your ally to ask for peace in your back)
  • Add a table (g_Units_Maintenance_Modifier) for maintenance free units per nation, used with new DLL event
  • Additional compatibility checks on the setup screen (disable DLCs and verify minimal game version)
  • AI disband wounded units if it can't support them

- Bug fix :
  • No color overlay on nation flag near cities names
  • Remove unneeded entries in the rebuild of the vanilla database
  • Can't retreat on enemy or neutral territory
  • Can't retreat if no moves left
  • Can now retreat on another unit of the same nation if the regiment/division rule is respected
  • Remove all beta/alpha scenarios from the list, they can be reactivated by changing the content type from "CustomRED_" to "CustomRED" in the project or modinfo file
  • Some of the promotions text that where displaying wrong values
  • Prevent counter-counter-attack during naval combat
  • Clean function AreSameside(player1ID,player2ID). it was hardcoded in general files to do some things for the 39-45 Europe, now there is an override function in the scenario files
  • Do not escape from a city to go on neutral/hostile territory !
  • Only show the local player's procurement details on the resource tooltip of the top panel, even during other players turn...
  • Remove reference to the deleted "PreLoading" files
  • Don't allow two units to (automatically) attack a sub from the same position
  • Do not show vanilla leaders icon and name (fixed by disabling DLCs)
  • Show correct value in texts (fixed by disabling DLCs)
  • Show correct defensive value of a plot on mouse over
  • Germany does not try to send reinforcement on U.K. after Seelowe if there are no Axis units left there (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Minor nations should use the restriction table for units production
  • Do not show culture or science in buildings descriptions (there are still a few texts to edit)
  • Mobile Artillery is now really an artillery unit, not a tank with ranged attack and melee promotions...
  • Mobile Artillery can counter-fire / provide support fire
  • Notification for new project should be displayed correctly
  • Do not launch counter-fire or support fire if the triggering unit can't attack...
  • But no need to check if the attacking unit can attack for counter-fire, the attack is already made at this moment !
  • In some cases units on a "sea" route could still be on land without the embarked promotion...

- Balance :
  • Buildings give more XP
  • Raise defense value for some improvements
  • Change a few cities on the 1939 maps, tweak Oil deposit placement and values
  • Raise Strasbourg defense for the AI on the 1939-1945 Europe map
  • Lose only one movement point on retreat
  • Lower some promotions effect
  • Lower adjacent units bonus (because you can have 2 units per tile)
  • Buff tank destroyer ranged attack
  • Waffen SS use a bit more material for reinforcement
  • Assault guns and Tank Destroyers does not get the blitz promotion from Germany trait.
  • Infantry Tank defense bonus lowered to 20% (was 30%)
  • Startegic AI (to send reinforcement on pre-defined routes) Italy is "safe" if less than 6 plots are lost to the enemy, Germany is safe at less than 10 plots (was 1)
  • AI ships try to heal inside a city with harbors, it's safer than just outside...
  • Convoy are considered free units for supply limit (actually you get 1 more supply per convoy on the map)
  • Damage transferred from city to improvement when bombed are applied to the closest improvements first
  • Add Kirkwall (Scapa Flow) and Mulhouse (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Better Order of Battle for minor nations (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Add more units on troupe routes (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Change defense bonuses of urban areas (35%), factories (25%) and city ruins (30%)
  • Production modifier when over the supply limit for units is now -2% per unit (was 6)
  • Add a harbor for the AI in ABERDEEN (U.K.) on the 39-45 Europe map
  • Volley promotion give bonus against Fortification units
  • Allows minor nations to build units (Europe 39-45 map)
  • AI will disband wounded units if it can't build more, and won't build more units if it has reached the supply limit.
  • Add units ratio by class to minor nations build list
  • Change some database values to make the AI more aggressive

- UI :
  • Add details for oil procurement in the top panel
  • Small improvements
  • Add a shortcut button near the mini map to set quick Combat/Movement ON/OFF on left/right click
  • Scale down Destroyers
  • Show other nation resources values on the diplolist

- Optimization :
  • Correct distribution of units after Fall Of France event, added some optimizations, not sure if it's enough to fix the crashes some were experimenting.
  • Use coroutine to handle the Fall of France event on the 1939-1945 Europe
  • Cache some values

Available on CFC database and Steam Workshop.

The R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition is also updated to reflect the change, update/install after the base mod.

Make sure you have the latest version of the R.E.D. WWII Data Files (current is v.5, size ~96 MB) from mediafire.

Please post here comments about the gamelay additions of this version.

Use the bug reports thread for any new or old bugs.

Detailed installation instructions are here.

Hey boss, i just loaded the new mod to try it with a quick test with the IGE. right from the get go, without selecting any units, i turn on the IGE, select warsaw, and using the IGE capture the city, no problems.

I try to do the same with paris, game crash's. I have deleted all mods, cleared cache, and reloaded and tried it again with the same result.

Playing without scripted events works just fine however =)

Hey boss, i just loaded the new mod to try it with a quick test with the IGE. right from the get go, without selecting any units, i turn on the IGE, select warsaw, and using the IGE capture the city, no problems.

I try to do the same with paris, game crash's. I have deleted all mods, cleared cache, and reloaded and tried it again with the same result.

Playing without scripted events works just fine however =)

Can you post the lua.log please ?

And are you able to edit lua files for some tests ?

It's an excellent update, Gedemon! It's great to have you back again. I really appreciate all the work you put into this.

I've had no crashes playing as GE or UK so far. A few little kinks to work out; I'll keep a log and post it when the games are complete.

Thanks again!

Have fun, and I'm waiting for feedback on complete games, yes :D

@ZeroZeroSix: moved and answered in the development thread

Wait: are you back to modding?
:D
I thought this mod was long gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom