Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
v.40 (May 25, 2015)

Should be compatible with saved game from v.39

-DLL :
  • add GameEvent "UnitHasPillaged" to track damages on improvement/roads
  • terrain defenseModifier (hill, forest, improvement, ...) can stack
  • "Sweeping" is now "Air Superiority" : engage enemy intercepting aircraft in the area and also give reconnaissance on the adjacent tiles (no need to see the targeted plot)

-UI / Visual :
  • show damage level on improvements (from nearby cities being bombed or special Forces pillaging)
  • update resource string on mouse over plot to match the mod's rules
  • really give correct information about defensive value of a plot
  • add max range highlight to "Air Superiority" missions (previously "Air Sweep")
  • tweak some battleships, cruisers and heavy cruisers size

-Feature :
  • units with no supply line "bleed" (-2 HP/turn)

-Balance :
  • add Military Base and Academy to some of the AI cities (so they can make projects) on the Europe 39-45 map
  • AI will not build units that require Oil if it can't supply them
  • tweak U.S.S.R. air class ratio
  • tweak leaders' flavor values

-Bug Fix :
  • can now click on the notification icon to see which unit has been upgraded

-Crash Fix :
  • new function for the "Fall of France" event on the 39-45 map
  • apply change from "Fall of France" to other "Fall of ..." (Poland, Denmark) functions on the Europe 39-45 map

Many thanks to every one involved in the fix for the Fall of France crash :D

Available on CFC database and Steam Workshop

The R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition is also updated to reflect the change, update/install after the base mod.

Make sure you have the latest version of the R.E.D. WWII Data Files (current is v.5, size ~96 MB) from mediafire. (not updated since R.E.D WWII Edition v.39)

Please post here comments about the gamelay additions of this version.

Use the bug reports thread for any new or old bugs.

Detailed installation instructions are here.

Steam is not really cooperating tonight... update there is delayed, sorry. :(

edit : uploaded on Steam Workshop too

A few thoughts from .39:

I was playing as UK. It's barely 1941 - Berlin's fall is a matter of time. I've taken the Ruhr, and liberated Denmark. Frankly, I'd be astounded I wasn't celebrating Christmas under the Brandenburg Gate.

Why? Mainly because Germany spent its time attacking the Maginot Line head on fruitlessly. It couldn't even capture Strasbourg. It also spent time trying to run my blockade to capture Norway. To their credit, they did capture Norway at last, but at the cost of having me penetrate deep into Germany. They did not capture an inch of Dutch or Belgium territory. With the Line holding up the French defence, I swept into an attack mode, safely ignoring the Westwall via the Dutch gap. Howitzer Guns stacked with Matildas and Infantry are an unstoppedble force. We've a few planes providing some help.

As for the Italians....meow. They are looking like geniuses in the Libyan desert, and the Tunisian desert. My attempts to bombard them have failed to slow them down much. I expect to see Tunisia fall soon, and be fighting Italians at the gates of Egypt with a tin can and a spork for weaponry. It's getting to the point I may send an army down there from England herself. I'm quite overmatched in the water though...but the Italians are not using their navy to really attack me. They have also taken out Nice, and are looking to be threat to France.

On the upside, my convoys are not being attacked period, and I've more men, material and oil than I can use.

The Westwall/Maginot Line is either way too strong, or the Germans/French need to be coded to not attack it. I think it's probably a bit of both.

The AI is exactly why I didn't want it in the first place, but there was a lot of request for the fortified lines.

And that's also why I've set it as an option, it's a kind of difficulty setting.

My initial plan was "no option, just remove it for the humans", but...

Anyway I will definitively reduce their initial strength, yes, because coding the AI is not a short term objective.

Strange. I played as Germany with both Maginot line and West-wall enabled, and neither France nor Britain, both of which had a size-able force on my border, attempted to attack...

The AI is exactly why I didn't want it in the first place, but there was a lot of request for the fortified lines.

And that's also why I've set it as an option, it's a kind of difficulty setting.

My initial plan was "no option, just remove it for the humans", but...

Anyway I will definitively reduce their initial strength, yes, because coding the AI is not a short term objective.

Rather than coding the AI, I do wonder what would happen if the Maginot Line tiles were impassable by the Axis until Vichy falls. If Denmark and Norway simply converted to the Nazis, then they would have no choice to attack France though violating Dutch and Belgium neutrality.

Rather than coding the AI, I do wonder what would happen if the Maginot Line tiles were impassable by the Axis until Vichy falls. If Denmark and Norway simply converted to the Nazis, then they would have no choice to attack France though violating Dutch and Belgium neutrality.

you know, that's a kind of AI coding, simple but effective, that deserve some thoughts, thanks :think:

what I have in mind first (and want to do since a long time) is to change the value in the DLL to prevent "suicide attacks" directly from the code (the function I use is coded in Lua, a bit hacky for it's purpose)

once that's done, it should have the same effect as "impassable tiles"

and I'm looking for reports on v.40, there have been a few tweaks there and there :)

I have a game with Birtish on v40 diety level. At start I send all troop plus a Matilda2 and a AT gun in Afrika to prevent the Italian to beat me there plus the Spit and Huricane. Must say it was a good idea since the Italian a quite present there (lots of transports crossing the Med to reach Afrika, only destroyed 2-3 with the ships there). Also Syria once France have fall is quite anoying, they almost took Palmyra and this prevent me to put everything against the Italian. The extra troop I send there provided diversion so the French still hold.

I put both defence line in the setup by the way but the German where able to destroy 2 of them so they started to pass trough it after taking Strasbourg. My main task was to build planes assap and some ground forces so I was not able to send something in France before too late. Italy and Germany both have quite a large number of fighters and bombers so sendind someone someone in France now prove to be waste of units. The 2 german Operations where launched quite fast, Sealow the turn after Paris fall. Up now I am holding tight and wait for Russia to come in. Anyway I need more supply to get more unit. Quite a change from ver39 and quite fun as well.

Oh, and that true! My convoys where never attacked so far. My theory on that is that my ships in mediteran keep the Italian busy.

Okay, so I had a quick play-through/test as France. When I joined, I immediately started building some troops and tanks and I put them all on the Belgian border. The Maginot Line wouldn't need any extra defense...

As soon as the war started, German bombers began to bomb Strasbourg. That was to be expected. That's when I noticed that Strasbourg's combat/defense number was only 27, when i was sure it was around 70 something in my v39 play-through/test as Germany. (I remember the v39 change-log saying that Strasbourg's defense had been upped).

They easily captured the city on September 20th, but I didn't move my troops down. Taking Strasbourg is one thing, but taking on the Maginot Line is nothing like it. The Germans started attacking it, to my surprise, immediately after taking Strasbourg.

They focused all of their forces on one fortification, and that fortification was taking considerable damage, sometimes up to 15-20 hit-point per turn, while each German panzer and infantry attacking the fort sustained only around 5-6 hit-points per attack.

When it became clear that the Maginot Line was going to be breached, I moved my entire army from the Belgian border to the German border. That was a good move, as Germany took the tile the next turn.

That was where I took a break.

Also, the British never sent one unit down to assist at all. All they did was bomb... :/

Attachments

• 2015-05-25_00001.jpg
    2015-05-25_00001.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 2015-05-25_00002.jpg
    2015-05-25_00002.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 2015-05-25_00003.jpg
    2015-05-25_00003.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 101
Oh, and that true! My convoys where never attacked so far. My theory on that is that my ships in mediteran keep the Italian busy.
about convoy, you can try to add
Code:
UPDATE Units SET CivilianAttackPriority ='CIVILIAN_ATTACK_PRIORITY_HIGH' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_CONVOY';

at the end of 3- Define Original Units.sql in the mod's SQL folder.

(I remember the v39 change-log saying that Strasbourg's defense had been upped).
for the AI only.

and thanks, keep the reports coming :goodjob:

anyone have tried Italy ?

about convoy, you can try to add
Code:
UPDATE Units SET CivilianAttackPriority ='CIVILIAN_ATTACK_PRIORITY_HIGH' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_CONVOY';

at the end of 3- Define Original Units.sql in the mod's SQL folder.

for the AI only.

and thanks, keep the reports coming :goodjob:

anyone have tried Italy ?

Will it be working with a save or I should restart a new game?

with a save it may work but only for the new convoy, not those already on the map.

Playing with both the Maginot and western lines enacted, it feels like a trench war...
(And may I suggest you use leader screens from JFD's WWII civilizations?)

Poland have fallen but some cities remained under their control. If I click on the city, the german leader appear. I cant enter the city even if I have an open border with Germany.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 140
(And may I suggest you use leader screens from JFD's WWII civilizations?)
I will ask them if I can use (more) of the arts in his mod, yes.

Poland have fallen but some cities remained under their control. If I click on the city, the german leader appear. I cant enter the city even if I have an open border with Germany.

do you have a save game from just before the fall of Poland ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom