1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Resources in Warlords?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by shivute, Jul 14, 2006.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

There's no Ireland. :mischief:

2. bioelectricclam

bioelectricclam Warlord

But there are Incans...who invented the potato.

3. CharmzOC

CharmzOC Chieftain

yes thay used their advanced microbiology knowlege and synthesized an entirly new food. And they called it pox. After realizing what they had done, it was too late. iT layed a bunch of eggs, called SmallPox, and they wiped out the incans. Pizzaro just takes the credit because he killed pox and tamed the "smallpox". He renamed it potato, and took it to Ireland

4. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Umm... maybe you should check your history of colonialism man... MANY wars have been fought over islands like barbados, and the west indies altogether... the west indies were the most profitable colonies because they had unexploited resources... check out the history of Haiti for example, the British, Spanish, and the French all fought over it... not to be an ******* but do oughta think before you speak next time man

EUROPE FOUGHT OVER COLONIES IN THE 'NEW WORLD,' AFRICA, AND ASIA... ones just like Barbados...

you don't need to be a history professor to understand the purpose of colonialism...

5. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

I would like the potato in the game. +1 health with supermarkets methinks?

To be honest, other than ocean resouces, I can't think of any way additional types of resource could help the game. Maybe a floodplain resource? (Papyrus maybe... allows early map trading)

6. ew0054

ew0054 Troll Extraordinaire

I do hope the new resources, if any, will not be as disappointing as they were in Civ3:Conquests, in which the "new" resources were nothing more than substitutes for some of the original ones when playing scenarios. I would like to see additional new resources.