New Rise of Mankind Runtime Error

PresidentDennis

Chieftain
Anyone else getting the runtime error with the new Rise of Mankind with the addon civs? Small maps work fine, standard and large maps I get a "Fatal Memory error" and with Huge maps (haven't tried bigger ones than huge) I get a runtime error. So something can't be right with it. Should I just play Rise of Mankind 2.5 without the addon civs? Or will Zappara fix this problem?

I'm also getting frequent MAF's using the 2.51 megapak. 2.5 gave no problems what so ever, other than the building upgrade issue.

I have tried reducing video settings, but still getting errors. I've had several diffrent error messages, some inside game, some after a CTD.

Most recent is: Failed to allocate vid memory.
File:\main\Civ4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321

Others appear in game say something like Failed to allocate: Bad Allocation

Trying to open World Builder causes MAF crash, small Rom_Continents map

We were getting the MAF with the 2.503 full version + the extra civs. Usually we'd start a game, then have to reload it for some reason (playing multiplayer), if anyone reloaded without exiting the client and starting over, they'd tend to get the MAF. Haven't loaded the patched mod yet, or the new full version with extra civs.

Edit: We are playing the full 2.503 version currently multiplayer without many problems at all. The Revolution popup is still showing to all players and you all have to do the same thing (can't be in another window either) and that thing can't be to let the revolution run your civ for a few turns. That's pretty sticky, but otherwise the whole mod seems pretty stable multiplayer.

I just tested downloading megapack myself at my friend's computer, installed the mod and then made gigantic map size with snail game speed mode and the mod works just fine here. So at least it will work like a charm on computer which has AMD quad core phenom processor, 4GB RAM, 64bit Vista and 512MB video card with max detail levels.

Well, not everyone has that kind of PC. I get runtime errors on Huge and Large maps with the occasional advice to reduce graphics settings. Would that help?:confused: (Other mods run fine with standard graphics settings on whatever maps; I have 3 Gigabytes of RAM.) Oh yeah, memory allocation failure also occurs...

Well, not everyone has that kind of PC. I get runtime errors on Huge and Large maps with the occasional advice to reduce graphics settings. Would that help?:confused: (Other mods run fine with standard graphics settings on whatever maps; I have 3 Gigabytes of RAM.) Oh yeah, memory allocation failure also occurs...
True but I've also tried extra civs (with standard map size) on computer which has 750MB RAM, 256MB video RAM with windows 2000 - though with these components the mod will eventually crash on MAF (industrial era). So again I'd say you should try large maps with extra civs only on high end computers. Standard size maps should work in basic computers (2GB RAM, xp/vista, 256 (512MB preferred) video RAM). Reducing graphics settings helps of course if your video card doesn't have 512MB RAM.

Ok, so it won't work on my computer, I'll just download regular Rise of Mankind then. I don't have a Super Computer.

I got:
amd Phenom 9750 Quad-core processor
4gig of ram (clocked gaming ram)
EAH3870 top 512mo ddr4 video card
running a barebone xp made for gaming only

and I get all the error from the new megapack that everyone is getting.. :(

and even with not the megapack, I was not crashing but frozen during a turn in 1270 in a large snail game. I was about toe gte Nagualism over teh world ... darn :(

hehe

I guess I should try vista to see if it will help with the ram...

The Mega Pack gives me the run time error on large maps also any fix on the horizon? Thanks

I have a quad core extreme, 2 gig ram, sli 8800 gtx cards.

I have no problems with gigantic maps on other mods nor on this one pre megapack. However now I do even with huge maps and sometimes large ones.

Here's something that helped on my system. I was also getting the Runtime error when the mod tries to load using the extra civs. I experimented with deleting extra Civs from the Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules folder, and discovered that the mod will load OK if I delete down to 46 civs.

Strangely, the size of the deleted civ folders doesn't seem to matter. I've tried deleting the 4 largest (including Albania and Italy with their huge sound files) and the 4 smallest. It doesn't seem to matter, as long as I delete any 4 civs.

Note, this Runtime error is separate from "Memory Allocation Failure" which I am aware is tied to map-size. Once I went to 46 civs, I was able to create my usual Huge maps without Runtime or MAF errors.

Deleting the 4 civs does create some initial XML errors from the missing leaders, which can be clicked past to start the game. I have yet to play through, so I'll let you know if it causes any further problems as the game progresses.

I'm also getting frequent MAF's using the 2.51 megapak. 2.5 gave no problems what so ever, other than the building upgrade issue.

I have tried reducing video settings, but still getting errors. I've had several diffrent error messages, some inside game, some after a CTD.

Most recent is: Failed to allocate vid memory.
File:\main\Civ4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321

<snip>

Just had the same CTD as Hroth. With added line: Please Try Reducing Your graphics Settings

When that error box closed a 2nd appear stating :...iers\Civilization4\BtS.exe asked to terminate in an unusal way. Please contact your Support Team.

It was a WinXP error box. Tried to get a Print screen but I failed.

Up to this point the game had been running smooth. I was using a RoM Scripted Map for this particular game. Also playing as Iriqiuos(sp?).

I think this particular CTD is a core game problem but I posted it here 1st. A possible divide by zero?

Edit: OS is WinXP Pro SP2, Comp is a PIV 2.4GHz single with an ATI X1650 vid card with 512mb ram, and 1.5 gig of ddr 400mhz ram. MoBo is an Asus P4P800SE.

I am Not using the Megapack. Just the stock 2.5Full with the 2.51 patch.

JosEPh

Thanks strategy.

Alot of that is way over my head. I'll see what I can do.

As stated in the previous post I'm running XP Pro SP2 1.5 gb ram and 512 mb video ram on a New ATI X1650 Pro video card.

Seems that Firaxis should have an answer for this one, instead of letting Players diagnosing and trying to fix. ainwood stated early in the Bug Report thread that CIV BtS used a version of DirectX9.0c different than what Microsoft put out. Rhetorical question: why would they do something like that? :eek:

Again Thanks for the info strategyonly.

JosEPh

I was getting "runtime errors" when trying to load the Megapack 2.5 Mod and using Giant / Gigantic maps ( downloaded the 7z version from the main download page )

However I then downloaded the winzip version from the link shown in the comment box by afforess dated 29th Dec.

Using this version I find that I can now play ROM Megapack version 2.51 with extra civs using Giant / Gigantic map sizes.

I don't know why but so far using this winzip verion seems to make the Mod playable for me whilst the 7z version gives errors.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Davidr

I installed 2.51 w/out extra civs and have not had any errors in 7 hours of play.

With the megapak, I couldn't get past 2500BC on a small map with out a MAF.

I installed 2.51 w/out extra civs and have not had any errors in 7 hours of play.

With the megapak, I couldn't get past 2500BC on a small map with out a MAF.

Yes, I think I'll keep playing the regular Rise of Mankind instead of the one with extra civs. I have had no problems with it either.

I have a high spec system Intel Quad core, 4 gb ram, 1gb Radeon 3870 x2 video Card on Vista ultimate 32. Can play ROM 2.50-2.51 Ok, but with the extra civs pack I get a runtime error on large maps. There has to be something wrong with the Mega Pack. Please sort this out.

You should be able to unpack correctly 7z files with the program you can download from http://www.7-zip.org/. I used 7z format because it reduced packed file size by about 30%.

Yeah, 7-zip is awesome but I myself tried the .zip file and it now work like a charm... (well I could start a game no problem...)

Top Bottom