1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rising Tide Featurette - Hybrid Affinities and Chengsu Sponsor

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Sep 29, 2015.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

2. Doviello

Doviello Chieftain

Interesting. A little bit of footage from the intro video too, i guess. But they sort or tried to pass Chongsu as a mysterious good guy that uses spies to overthrown dictators, that's definitely not how i see him :)

P/H focus on health, P/S on energy, and H/S on science.

3. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Hrm, given they are showing off the current city model mix, I guess that confirms that hybrids are not getting their own/modified city models. Not a big surprise, though.

While there's nothing new in there, I like the atmosphere of the little clip, if it shines through in the game itself, it looks like Civ:BE will at least managed to overcome its "immersion" problem. :)

4. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

it seems the affinity perk screen has been updated to show a description of the hybrid and the number of points you need to the next level:

Also the diplomarcy summary screen has been nicely updated with all the relevant info. And looks like Chengsu is the runaway civ:

5. winddysphere

winddysphere Chieftain

At first I hate that Chengsu representative. Now I think he is acting like a news reporter. I still want to play as Al Falah and then North sea alliance if BE is good enough after update. :p

PS They will release October 9???? Wow. I think they are still rushing BE...Aw.

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

:mischief: what? We've known it's October 9 for ages now.... it's not rushing. they game clearly looks nearing completion what did you expect them to do more?

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Here is the screenshot for the Immortal Unit (Unique Purity-Harmony). The unit appears to get 3 upgrade options, per the 3 buttons on the upgrade wheel. We also see the perks for one upgrade called "First Immortal": +15 HP heal when not embarked and +38 strength OR +40% when NOT adjacent to any friendly unit and +38 strength.

8. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Chieftain

I'd be surprised if there actually were 3 levels of upgrades for the Immortal, seeing as the old affinity uniques only had 1, and 10-10-10 means their 7 levels higher in each affinity before upgrading, meaning the level 3 would be at 17-17 and 4 at 24-24 (not possible). Still, I could be wrong, and it might mean the older units upgrade more, which would be great.

Also great to see how the wheel is laid out - I'm betting this means that things like Prime Xenoswarms or Evolved Battlesuits aren't a thing anymore, in favor of using the hybrid affinity terms instead: First (Purity/Harmony) Elder (Harmony/Supremacy), and ???. So for here, it's probably the Evolved Immortal, First Immortal, and the True immortal.

As for the actual perks, +38 Strength brings it to 68 total, which is a nice number for it to be sitting at. I'm surprised that one of the options is based on adjacency - that's usually a Supremacy thing, and supremacy's the only thing the Immortal is missing.

EDIT: Ninja'd

9. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

After I posted it, I realized that the 3 upgrade buttons are at the same ring so I doubt they are 3 different upgrade levels. I'm thinking they are 3 different upgrade options for the same upgrade level. Each upgrade might give the player different perk choices.

This is still nice because it will give players some more choices when upgrading their unique hybrids.

10. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Chieftain

Jelly-o-pod

Say it..... say it......

11. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Chieftain

I noticed that you fixed it. I think we racing to correct ourselves before the other comments :crazyeye:

If it works the same way in rising tide as it did in BE for the original affinity uniques, one of those two options are standard for all the versions of the immortal, and the other is strictly limited to the First version. If I had to hazard a guess based on practically nothing, I'd say that the healing is available to all versions and the adjacency only for the First version. Healing standard because it fits in nicely with the name, and adjacency for the hybrid version because it actually plays in really nicely with the buffing of the Architect and Throne, now that I think about it.

Also makes for easy delineation for the other 2 - Harmony get's buff if alone, and Purity get's smaller buff in all situations. :crazyeye:

12. winddysphere

winddysphere Chieftain

To be honest, I don't know (I'm not kidding).
    So,I'm sorry! :blush:

13. Westwall

Westwall Chieftain

Chungsu's green and black motif looks kinda familiar.

Can't quite place it though...

Spoiler :

14. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Chieftain

That's how their encouraging aggression amongst the AI - Brazilia will reclaim their colors! :p

15. Veras

Veras Chieftain

I'm surprised to see that Chungsu colors are final. The obvious problems are: they basically the same as Brasilia's and green is not the first collor that comes to my mind when I think of Korea or mysterious Korean organizations. I hoped they would be some kind of dark blue or something.

In base BE, every faction had an equivalent or close equivalent in color (Brasilia-Polystralia, ARC-Franco Iberia, PAC-Kavithan Protectorate, PAU-Slavic Federation). The four new factions doesn't quite match perfectly in this, but nobody said this had to be done. In my opinion, BE should have broader and more unique colors, like grey, brown, dark blue, light yellow, etc.

16. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Agreed, It also doesn't make him seem that threatning with such a peaceful color scheme, I was hoping for some a lot more uncomfortable, like deep golden color (for some reason he makes me think of the Hexagon place from Deux Ex game, the Beehive or whatever)

17. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

While I knew the release date, I kind of wish they got another month to polish it and add little things. I half-expecting "BE dev's We should have done more! v2" article in next 6 months.

18. Westwall

Westwall Chieftain

A large scale war between Brasilia and Chungsu is going to be an absolute nightmare.

Just imagine if they're also the same affinity.

Yeah, good luck finding your units on the battlefied.

19. Veras

Veras Chieftain

It just came to my mind that NSA went with their non-final colors in the last featurette, so maybe there is hope for a new color for Chungsu.

20. Westwall

Westwall Chieftain

I dunno, chief.

We're awful close to Zero Hour.