New Rising Tide Featurette - Hybrid Affinities and Chengsu Sponsor

Interesting. A little bit of footage from the intro video too, i guess. But they sort or tried to pass Chongsu as a mysterious good guy that uses spies to overthrown dictators, that's definitely not how i see him :).
Someone pointed out in the other thread that Chungsu prior to his takeover has a very Human Hive-esque flavor. Han Jae-Moon is basically subverting a secretive group trying to turn human beings into tools for their own power; regardless of his methods, I can see why this would make him antagonistic towards other dictators.

Here is the screenshot for the Immortal Unit (Unique Purity-Harmony). The unit appears to get 3 upgrade options, per the 3 buttons on the upgrade wheel. We also see the perks for one upgrade called "First Immortal": +15 HP heal when not embarked and +38 strength OR +40% when NOT adjacent to any friendly unit and +38 strength.

I think you missed something, its not a supremacy trait its Harmony. ;) and yes this is simply the 3 upgrade choices for Hybrids.

A large scale war between Brasilia and Chungsu is going to be an absolute nightmare.

Just imagine if they're also the same affinity.

Yeah, good luck finding your units on the battlefied.
its like Ethiopia and Barbarians, well I got used to that. hopefully it gets a bit more distinct before launch why choose Green-Black they have other colors to choose from, they could've easily gone with a Dark Blue mixed with something else. unless someone already has that in RT I know ARC is blue but its a lighter blue.

I dunno, chief.

We're awful close to Zero Hour.

You are right. Not that changing colors requires a lot of work, but the fact that they opted for that color and revealed it to the public as it is presents a strong indication that they'll stick with that. I'll just never understand why they did it.

So they went right ahead and seized my Nuevos Aires Coalition's colour scheme for Al Falah. :(

It's practically identical. I'm not pleased. It's hard enough to find a decent combination, and given Chungsu's choice, it doesn't seem like they're giving it much thought to begin with.

Nope.

Enjoy keeping certain sponsors out of the game unless you want to be confused out of your mind.

Off the top of my head, I can think of about a dozen shades and color combinations they could've gone with instead.

I don't think they even used Cyan yet.

So they went right ahead and seized my Nuevos Aires Coalition's colour scheme for Al Falah. :(

It's practically identical. I'm not pleased. It's hard enough to find a decent combination, and given Chungsu's choice, it doesn't seem like they're giving it much thought to begin with.
I don't understand the problem here. They used a colour set you used in a well-received mod, so we're criticising them for making colour sets too samey?

I understand concerns about Chungsu, but eh. Plenty of other ways to work out whose units are whose.

I don't understand the problem here. They used a colour set you used in a well-received mod, so we're criticising them for making colour sets too samey?

I understand concerns about Chungsu, but eh. Plenty of other ways to work out whose units are whose.
The problem is I'll have to make graphical changes, either to Al Falah or Nuevos Aires. :p

I'll see if I can make Al Falah gold on dark brown or something.

The problem is I'll have to make graphical changes, either to Al Falah or Nuevos Aires. :p

It isn't hard to do in Civ5, and you could look in the code of a mod that change contrast to see how it was done.

I wonder why the dev think using different tone of same color is a good idea and will not eventually left them with no color to use, and have to break this "house rule"

Chungsu's color scheme is far, far too close to Brasilia's, but I bet some modder will fix it.

Chungsu's color scheme is far, far too close to Brasilia's, but I bet some modder will fix it.
Still, this is waaaay to big of an UI mess than it should be. Requiring mods to tune the game to your preferences? Fine. Requiring a mod to see what is actually going on!? Hrm.

How did nobody in Firaxis spot this beforehand?

Still, this is waaaay to big of an UI mess than it should be. Requiring mods to tune the game to your preferences? Fine. Requiring a mod to see what is actually going on!? Hrm.

How did nobody in Firaxis spot this beforehand?
Probably because this is only a gameplay-affecting concern if you have trouble discerning colours at a glance (in a turn-based game).

I understand peoples' troubles, but this doesn't affect me. If anything, a colourblind mode(s) would be better at targeting people with sight issues. As well as a high-contrast one - that'd be neat. Outside of that demographic, "to see what is going on" can be translated as "I subjectively dislike the similiarity in the colour palette".

I don't like it for aesthetic reasons mostly, since it makes them seem less distinct.

It's not a bad color palette on either faction, but Chungsu should have a distinctive one as part of their identity as a sponsor.

I mean, if you're gonna be updating your sponsors, there's a lot more than just the colors you're gonna be needing to do. Trait icons, dialogue, scalable traits, and the diplomacy agreements and I'm certain I'm forgetting something.

I mean, if you're gonna be updating your sponsors, there's a lot more than just the colors you're gonna be needing to do. Trait icons, dialogue, scalable traits, and the diplomacy agreements and I'm certain I'm forgetting something.

Related to dialogue, but the communiques are unique per sponsor.

True. It seems there's a bunch of things to integrate into sponsor mods.

Frankly, I hadn't been following the previews until now.

True. It seems there's a bunch of things to integrate into sponsor mods.

Frankly, I hadn't been following the previews until now.

I've been rapidly trying to catch up over the last two days. It's pretty daunting, I won't lie.

Top Bottom