1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rising Tide Featurette - Hybrid Affinities and Chengsu Sponsor

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

They already took red off NSA and replaced it with a kind of indigo, so they could've easily given it to Space Korea.

But nope.

2. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

Honestly, though, what if Chungsu's emblem was more aquamarine instead of green?

They're a water sponsor after all and have a tidal wave in the emblem.

Also, why choose that original shade of green in the first place? If it was for the PAC, for example, I'd think, "oh, right... Jade" and Brazil just makes me think of green and lush rainforests -- but what about Korea? Yeah, I know other sponsors aren't represented by traditional colors, but if Chungsu's green has no significance, then why choose it when it looks a bit similar to Brasilia?

Also, Han Jae Moon seems to dig red and black... would a dark blue / red look too... menacing? (I guess it may be too similar to any black/red Marauder NPC's pillaging the map in the future. ;)) Or would it simply look a little too much like the real Korea? (Similar to making ARC the red and blue of the flag, or Brasilia yellow and green, etc.) I guess so, since it's more of a private organization from Korea (or the former Korea maybe, if it's now part of the PAC) rather than representing the country itself, right?

3. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

Then you'd be drifting close to ARC's colour scheme, I suppose.

Red on dark blue might be good, but as you said, perhaps too similar to modern Korea and particularly Civ5's representation, if I remember correctly.

Red on gray might be another viable option, if we're allowed to follow the colours of the leader's default apparel. I guess it's similar to the red-on-black aliens adopt when most hostile, but it shouldn't be hard to tell the units apart.

4. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Well I'm hoping the reason they changed NSA's colors in the first place was because they just decided red looked better on Chungsu.

But I'm not holding my breath.

5. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

Perhaps you're right, Westwall. I hope they make it a shade more red instead of that industrial looking orange-red (which I originally thought was fitting for a blue-collar, construction guy like Duncan -- but I like his newer colors even more).

- - - - - -

Yeah, Lord Shadow, I was feeling like I was starting to drift towards ARC colors too, even though they lean more towards a cyan. But probably too similar again. I think the best route would be to utilize a red hue. Overall, I think we need more reddish hues within the sponsors' colors anyway. Instead of a deep Korean blue, the secondary color could be a desaturated grayish blue, like above. I think that actually looks nice.

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They aren't the same, but they are pretty close. England and Austria have pretty close colors in Civ V. Few people made a huge deal about that.

7. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

True, but also there are 43 civs in Civ 5 while BE only has 12.

Plus, the color choices used in Civ are a little more restricted and probably have to have some significance to their real culture. In BE, there's much more flexibility.

- - - - - -

EDIT: Alright, I need to stop posting about this subject now... haha. :crazyeye:

8. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

It's not an adjaceny bonus, it's a bonus from not being adjacent to anything, which is common in harmony units.

9. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Even then, Austria used a bright red while England was a clearly deeper, more maroon shade.

Chungsu and Brasilia are almost identical in their shade of green.

10. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

11. omniclast

omniclast Prince

^^ mic drop

12. Veras

Veras Prince

If they are so found of equivalent collors, they should at least stick with the pattern of base BE:

FI-ARC-NSA: Shades of blue;
    Polystralia-Brasilia-INTEGR: shades of green;
    SF-PAU: shades of red;
    PAC-KP: shades of purple.

If Chungsu adopts the former NSA collors they could match with the red ones, and even so that leaves Al Falah alone.

Or maybe I have a bit of color blindness and NSA should fit better with the purple ones and INTEGR with the blues?

13. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

I like it, but Lord Shadow has a point that it looks kind of like ARC.

Perhaps a black and blue look?

Or just blue and red.