1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New rule question

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by DaveShack, Jul 14, 2009.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

In this thread, there is a dicsussion of a rule that a team cannot change tech goal or slider while it is not their turn, for the purpose of hiding the tech from espionage.

It looks like the first question will be, should there be such a rule?

What is your opinion on this? I see it as a legitimate tactic and adding this rule just penalizes the team who didn't think of it. So personally I'd prefer to not have a rule on it at all. However one of our allies is involved, does that change our response?

To be honest I have not followed which "side" of the dispute we're on, and players from both "sides" seem to be saying they'd be ok with the rule. :crazyeye:

2. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

It's not a legitimate tactic but an exploit with pitboss, there is no chance for this in pbems. Main is the change of research goal, because it reduces your possibility to see this with espionage-points. As turnplayer you wait, if no other is logged in, then change to the right goal, make eot and change back.
    In my opinion some teams make this, especially in the ISDG-Final, you know my interests in analizing the F9 demo-table.
    I 'm for both. The rule ist good, but I'm against rules, which needs police.

btw
    I 've made often in the first turns changes of MM/research goals to get more infos and sometimes changed back only for the play.