1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

New Ruling ~ Accept, Refuse.

Discussion in 'C3C - Inter-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Goonie, Nov 9, 2004.

?

Do we accept the new ruling?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Do we accept the new ruling by FortyJ?

2. Goonie

I vote we do not accept the new ruling as it further penalizes us.

3. Ankka

Ankka Deity

We shouldn't accept this as we will lose even more info to C3B... and I'm not even interested in seeing their cities.

4. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

No. This is not a good ruling. JokerDF cheated, but I believe the rest of the C3B team when they said they did not. As such, they do not have access to this information, and we for sure don't have access to screenies of their cities. Therefore, this is totally new information for both teams, and damages both teams.

I'm not sure if the first ruling was harsh enough on C3B. On the one hand, noone else but Joker cheated. But on the other hand, as they had Joker as president for 25 turns a lot of our information can have been used against us. However, the first ruling was a LOT better than this one.

5. akots

akots Poet

Certainly this new ruling is not acceptable. Like FortyJ never played a PBEM? That is a ridiculous ruling, we can just investigate their cities with enough cash since we are still at peace nothing can prevent us from doing this. And there is no information in these city screens which can be either useful or important.

6. Goonie

He was our president and an integral part of our team in the PTW MSDG.

7. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

The administrators will take screenshots of each city for both CFC and C3B. These screenshots will then be delivered to both teams (CFC receiving C3B shots; C3B receiving CFC shots). They will not be altered in any way other than conversion to jpg format. Thus, any advantage that may or may not have been gained by C3B as a result of JokerDF's actions is minimalized. - No way. You can't undo a bad situation by making it worse.

8. Goonie

Amen Rik !

9. Ankka

Ankka Deity

IMHO this is a VERY reasonable idea. And it came from C3B. I couldn't have thought of a better one myself..

10. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

The screenshot idea is a very bad one. If intelligence about our activities were passed on to other C3B team members, it would be out of game intelligence, not in-game. Our long-term strategy, modus operandi regarding foreign relations, what we're afraid C3B might be doing, etc. would be the damaging information. Compounding the out of game exposure by adding an in-game exposure as well would be useless at best, and catastrophic at worst.

11. akots

akots Poet

@Ankka. If it is war, and it might very well be, the isolation is nonsense. Besides, it cannot be controlled properly. It would also be nice if you can at least give us some idea of what is going on in the captain thread. Because the posts by Elucidus does not make even a little sense to me especially regarding the "CFC retirement" part. What is this supposed to mean?

Looks like the admins don't really know what they are doing there atm. Let's give them some time to discuss and not press the issue.

On the other hand, I really don't understand why C3B is asked on the matter of punishment and CFC is not being asked. Looks like the Admins want to settle something which C3B might accept and try to push this through CFC which does not seem fair.

12. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

13. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Raze one or two of their cities, that will tell the Brazillians how we consider corruption, and would be a harsh and draconian statutory penalty for a gross trespassing of our integrity, our chances to play a fair game and so on. This will also promote a strictly fair game, as the penalty, city extermination, is sufficiently deterring to similar acts.