1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Sandbox & Screenshots for Dotmapping - T43

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by YossarianLives, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Stuff happens fast in the turn thread making it hard to have longer term strategy discussions so I'd like to make a few suggestions here.

The city sites in the east do look good but the Western one is the only one that gives us new resources. We are at or near our happy limit and since we are going for Mono why not push on through to Monarchy. Then we can improve wine and switch to Hereditary Rule for extra happiness. My usual strategy is to go for writing because libraries kick ass. Whithout it we will have very little that our cities can build. However with Monarchy spamming warriors may be worthwhile. Stone may also put more wonders in reach.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I suggested that some 5 turns ago and I think it is very good idea in this case.

I am eager for those stone wonders too, just cant decide where we should put our stone city.

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Yes, Monarchy next is probably a pretty good idea. Maybe Writing after that. Mono will take us another 9 or 10 turns probably, so we have time to think about it.

After our planned Copper and Gold cities, I agree that a city to get Wine, and then one to get Stone and secure our border with RB would be excellent. We may have to settle Stone in the first ring of the city, since RB's religion and free monuments give them a big cultural advantage over us. Another good option would be the Horse / FP city to our northeast, but we can "reserve" that area with the Spaniards if we want, so it will hopefully remain safe for awhile. There's also a good Corn / FP site to our southeast, but that one is definitely in our sphere of influence, so we can settle it at our leisure.

4. 1889

No copper city name suggestions yet, here are a few. In the hope that copper will give us peace from barbs we have Paramashanti or just Shanti for Peace or Solace, Pramati for Protection, or in the hopes that this city will be a change in fortune for us we can use Laksmivivarta or my favorite Dairagati. Just pulled these of an on-line Sanskrit dictionary so feel free to improve on them.

5. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I like the idea of changing our luck much. Dairagati sounds nice. But what it means? Google dont know.

6. 1889

Misspelled, should be Daivagati, supposed to mean "course of destiny" or "fortune".

7. 1889

According to the turn thread Monotheism is due on T68. At that point we will know if we got religion.

If so we will want to go back and get Meditation and Priesthood so we can build monasteries and temples.

If not or after that we have two paths to choose from. We can continue through the southern part of the tech tree by researching monarchy. That will allow us to improve wine and adopt hereditary rule for more happiness. It also leads eventually to Feudalism and Civil Service.
    The other choice is maybe a bit more conventional. Writing for libraries Code of Laws and another shot at religion.

The biggest trouble with both paths is the lack of building options in our cities. Monotheism may take 20 turns, Writing 10. Daivagati could build a monument and a granary, Mantra will complete all buildings in just 3 more turns, Indra can finish the granary in 15 and Terasvim doesn’t really need any buildings. Barracks, axemen, settlers and workers can take up some of the build queue but without religion it’ll be a bit monotonous.

8. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I think any city with "nothing to build" can go pump out Axemen for the near future. I'm working on the power scores. I've gotten to T60, and WPC has 5 Dog Soldiers so far. On the bright side, I think the Spaniards are only at 1 Impi.