1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

new scenario?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario Creation' started by Gukguk, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Gukguk

Gukguk Chieftain

Here is my idea for a scenario. My English isn’t that good, so the story isn’t exactly what it should be, but I don’t think most of you would understand it if I wrote it in Dutch.

Following the years after the attack on the WTO in New York and the pentagon in Washington the US began a large, worldwide campaign against Terrorism. Their first target, Afghanistan, fell relatively quickly before the American bombardments and the rebellious forces in the north known as the northern alliance. Although they managed to get this war-torn country on track a little the world soon turned its eyes on other so called villain-states like Libya and Iraq. As more bombs fell, protest against the US grew, and the global coalition against terrorism began to fail.
    The US, being the most powerful country in the world, paid little heed to the protests and demanded that the other nations followed the coarse set out by America, lest be treated as outcasts. Russia, having experienced terrorism within it’s own borders, subdued. Europe remained divided – as always. Relations between China and America cooled down even more, as the tensions in the world grew.
    As time passed the US became more isolated and as a result very chauvinistic. The war on terrorism slowly changed to a war against those who would stand in the way of America’s interests. Certain persons were falsely accused of being terrorists and put to death. Tensions grew to a new height when the international court in The Hague wanted to bring American war criminals in court. America refused, and as a result Europe and the US started quarrelling about small economical and political matters.
    Britain continued to support American, while other countries, like Germany and France openly opposed their international policy. Russia remained a firm ally of the US, which was economically understandable. The Middle East, which hadn’t known peace since 11 September 2001, became infested with fundamentalist because of the continual bombings.
    Then, an American spy plane discovered that China was beginning to build up a large military and had begun with the training of large quantities of troops. They immediately demanded an explanation, which the Chinese gave: they feared America’s military might. As a result a new weapons race began.
    For the next years tensions grew even more. Attacks by fundamentalist increased, as did the bombings. Because of the threat of global war almost all of the countries in the world agreed on a nuke-ban in 2023. Although countries still kept their nuclear arsenal they were forbidden to use it, luckily most people world saw the wisdom in this decision. A year later the first small, armed struggles between the superpowers broke out. At first they were centered in countries that had no real political influence, but it did not take long before it escalated…the world stood on the brink of total war, of World War 3.

Would anyone be interested to help me with this scenario? I really don’t have any experience with creating them, but I guess I’ll have to learn. Please tell me what you guys think of it.

2. Case

Case The horror, the horror

Sounds promising

IMHO, the best world map is the one Andrew Livings used in Crises of the New World Order

3. Gukguk

Gukguk Chieftain

Here are the first unit sketches for US and Russian infantry:

Attached Files:

4. TheANZAC

TheANZAC Guest

Sounds cool and I like the infantry!

5. burak

burak Chieftain

Remember that they are some people living in eastern europe between germany and russia (many scenario creators forget about that).:confused:

6. Gukguk

Gukguk Chieftain

Ofcourse I'll remember that. The civilazations will be:

The USA.

The EU, consisting of all current EU countries minus England and some additional East-European countries (it takes place in the near-future, so the EU has grown. Countries like Poland and Turkey are now part of the EU)

The Russian Federation, including Russia and some former sovjet states.

China, consisting of China, and a few surrounding countries.

The muslim world, mainly based in the middle-east, but also include Indonesia, some more African countries and Albania (which has grown to great-Albania after the annexation of parts of Macedonia, Greece and Kosovo).

US Allies; Canada, Australia, Britain, Mexico and Panama.

Neutrals; south-America, large parts of Africa, Switzerland and a few other countries.

I still do not know what to do with India and a few countries south of China, like Vietnam. Suggestions or critisism is welcome.

Here are my latest units for the scenario; special forces (not sure about the shield yet) and EU infantry.

Attached Files:

7. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

Other good allies of the United States: Japan, Taiwan, Phillipines, South Korea, Falkland Islands (UK dependency), Isreal, Norway

States against the US: North Korea, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Syria, Lebanon.

Rebels in Greece, Turkey, Isreal

8. TheANZAC

TheANZAC Guest

For many of the Asian nations you could have an APEC/ASEAN/SEATO civ.

9. SunTzu

SunTzu Hooah Retired Moderator

Gugak the american units look good, but the only problem i see is the weapons. the first 2 american units weapons look WW2-ish.
    The first looks nothing like a modern weapon, aka an M16, M4(special forces weapon)
    Sniper's now-a-days are usually carrying a Berreta .50 caliber sniper rifle.
    Forgot the whole name of it :(
    But its very big and silver.. But with camoflauge around it.
    It shoots up to a mile..........

10. Case

SunTzu , the scenario is going to be set in the 2020s ;)

11. Yop73

Yop73 Exams suck

What about a unit who uses p-90's. It's the best gun around?

12. TheANZAC

TheANZAC Guest

The FN P90 you mean? I didn't know it was such a good sub-machinegun

13. Gukguk

Gukguk Chieftain

sorry about the weapons, I'm just not a weapon-expert I guess. I will change them if you could show me a few pics of modern (maybe even futuristic) types of weapons.

14. Yop73

Yop73 Exams suck

This is a P-90. (It's a Belgian weapon, and I'm from Belgium, so ...)

15. Yop73

Yop73 Exams suck

here, this is a P-90. I'm from belgium, and it's a Belgian weapon, so ...

Attached Files:

16. TheANZAC

TheANZAC Guest

Just wondering: how could a gun like that, well, :rolleyes:

17. Yop73

Yop73 Exams suck

Well, ...

It can shoot through 47 shotproof waistcoats. In fact, it's sooo good, there only exist a few 5000. And the only one who carries them are elite police or military forces. In Belgium and the USA and a few other countries.

18. Jimmywax

Jimmywax Chieftain

Isn't it just a 9mm though. More countries are more likely to use a Heckler & Koch. Don't get me wrong FN is a fine manufacturer, anyone that comes up with the Five-Seven pistol is alright in my book; but there are alot of countries that are headshy about bullpup designs. (excluding England, France, Belgium, and Austria)

Also, the 50 cal. that US snipers us is made by Barret, not Barretta. The model 700 remington 7.56mm is still more common though.:sniper:

The americans are also going to start issueing a a new rifle too here in a couple years. It will be only one per squad though. I cannot remember the name but I will find it for you. It is really cool, it consists of a 5.56mm rifle plus detachable grenade launcher both being clip fed. The grenade launcher is a 30 or 40 mm I believe and is detachable and independently usable. It will also have a customizable electronic fuze that you can set to explode in air, after contact, or delayed as in after it goes through a wall.

The Russians are also field testing a succesor to the AK-74 and 47. The only thing holding it up is the lack of funds and the availibility of the Kalishnikovs. It has a revelutionary recoil system that allows you to fire at full auto with very little muzzle climb.:ak47: I will see if I can find a picture of that one too.

19. TheANZAC

TheANZAC Guest

WHOA! How can it do that with a 9mm round? Also I remember the gun in the game Goldeneye, but it was named the RC-P90 for copyright reasons :D

Also, it looks sooo small. How many rounds can it hold in its magazine?

20. Case

is this it?

(photos taken from: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/oicw.htm )

I know bugger all about guns, but based on that second photo I posted, I find it hard to believe that this gun is going to make a practical individual weapon.