1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New screenshots and videos?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sporally, May 18, 2016.

1. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

What are the odds that this was posted exactly 1 minute after Bite posted the England video. :crazyeye:

Anyway, It's a pretty safe bet another civilization First Look will be posted next week. I wouldn't count on it being monday - it may not even be tuesday. But It'll pop up I'm sure.

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yeah, I think posted at almost the same time exactly. :)

3. Battlehelm043

Battlehelm043 Warlord

Hey idk why I have missed this but in the E3 walk through, when the artillery fires on the musket men, you can see regular infantry attached to it in the support role, as they engage the musket men as well.. Idk how I missed that detail but I guess we can count that as a small sample of the support pairings.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So what do we all expect or hope for next week? Will they finish off China, expand upon Japan, India, or Spain? Or will they announce another civ like they did with England?

I'm expecting China, but hoping for Spain. I really want to see if it's Isabella and how she is animated.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

We might get Japan, India or Spain with China the week after that.

6. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

It won't be Spain, all the internet misogynists would have a collective breakdown.
    "it's HIStory not HERstory. • 666 Likes • 15k Comments"

7. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

What are you talking about?

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

He is worried that people with proportionately miniscule intelligence will be angry if Firaxis releases 3 First Looks about female leaders in a row.

9. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

My intelligence is even more miniscule, as initially I was wondering for a while "is Theodore Roosevelt female"?

I need to go sleep, its 1:26AM here.

10. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

I for one would be livid

11. BttLsht

BttLsht King

what

I hope for something we have yet heard of, so Spain.

12. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

1. I believe we'll see "must have" civs first. New civs surprise could wait.

2. Developers could mix civs we have some info on, with those not announced yet.

3. They could also keep some geographic diversity between announced civs.

So I'd expect Germany, France or Russia to be revealed next.

13. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Those videos is a way to torture us :lol:

14. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

No way they're gonna do 4 white ppl in a row. This is Civilization, not The Academy Awards. My money's on China. Or Japan. Aztecs if we're lucky. Feel like they might hold back on India for a while.

15. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

We've been getting 2 videos a week, one civ video and one feature video. Will we get a feature video today or tomorrow?

16. Ikael

Ikael King

I think that the next featured civ will be China or Japan, since they are showing the classic civs first. Spain, Germany, Rome and all the other yet to be even peeked at civs will be reserved for latter, me thinks, with the one "wildcard" one be reserved for the last (probably one African yet to be seen in the series civ, such as Kongo or the Ashanti).

17. JtW

JtW Prince

You mean like America? ;)

18. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

By 'classic' I presume he meant must-have civs that have appeared in every vanilla release version of every civ iteration ever. Those civs are America, Aztecs, England, France, Germany, Russia, Egypt, Rome, Greece, India, China and Japan (Babylon, Zulu and Mongolia also appeared in every civ but sometimes in later addons or dlcs, not vanilla).

Those 12 are pretty damn guaranteed for Civ6 1.0 ;)
    with Spain basically confirmed this would mean remaining 5 slots would be divided between precolombian civ, subsaharan civ, south east asian civ, middle eastern ancient civ and midle eastern islamic civ. Also Mongolia is very likely.

In case of civ5 vanilla, GK ad BNW the most surprising civs were confirmed latest (civ5-siam, songhai, gk - austria, sweden, bnw - shoshone, venice just 1-2 weeks before release) so I guess we will be first getting classical civs videos and info, then more uncertain but expected civs (like inca, persia, mongolia) with the fresh ones in the every end.

Of course firaxis may also try enrirely new approach, after all "first look videos" are total novelty.

19. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Next Thursday is France's national holiday, Bastille Day. So I am thinking we will get France next week.

20. JtW

JtW Prince

Don't forget that it is likely they don't have all the leaders done yet. So they may be presenting the civs in the order in which they are completed more than anything else.