New screenshots on Gamespot

Finally some new screenies! :king:

Those great people are looking good.

So, is Elvis a Great leader? Artistic maybe

happy Birthday Grohan. :bday: [party] Ant thank you for the screenies. The first one has a city with loads of great wonders built in. Looks so Feng shui.

Those are really cool. Elvis Rules!

Whoa, did they correct the size of buildings?
Those wonders are BIGGER than the houses next to them... :)

Do these Designs mean that Different Periods in the Game produce Different Great People Unit Models?

Anyone else think that the concept art for the great merchant looks like Andy Reid ;)

V. Soma said:
Whoa, did they correct the size of buildings?
Those wonders are BIGGER than the houses next to them... :)
Indeed, it's rather surprising to see Kheops pyramid being smaller than the huts surrounding it.

Well, who can ask to the Firaxis team to make houses smaller ? If it was only about me, houses would be 5 times smaller and there would be also, by the way, 5 times more houses.

From Civ1 to Civ4, cities have always been represented a group of 10 huts. I start wondering where Sid Meier lives to represent cities in such a way...

Marla_Singer said:
Indeed, it's rather surprising to see Kheops pyramid being smaller than the huts surrounding it.

Well, yes, on that former picture it was anoying to see that - but on this new one (which generated this thread), the wonders are bigger... :)
I have hopes that it is a good sign...

Anyone notice that none of the grasslands tiles are irrigated? Only the Plains tiles are irrigated.

Wonder why that is.

What are the wonders in the city?

Looks like the Arc de Triumph (maybe a heroic-epic-like great/small wonder?), somekind of Asian structure (Angor Wat? Maybe a regular temple for one of the religions?), and what I guess is the Spiral Minaret (I would have said Tower of Babel). I'm guessing the two pyramids are an American palace and temple, just as in Civ3.

Ex Mudder said:
Anyone notice that none of the grasslands tiles are irrigated? Only the Plains tiles are irrigated.

Wonder why that is.

Bottom right corner on the screenshot

Well, they know marketing, these screens come absolutely at the right time just to keep my hunger for civIV awake.
On Elvis: Did we btw. actually get what Yumbo! means? :D

mfG mitsho

i do not like the terrain/building/city graphics at all... and the fact that they are full 3d makes it even worse: there just isnt any point in trying to do all that work imo.
It would have been a lot better imo to just have the camera be still, as in civ3, like in this pic: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civilizationiv/screens.html?page=50
then those graphics could be made in the same way they are made for civ3.
3d Graphics do not make the game what it is, and sadly it seems that civ4 has left the civ building, for good.

Top Bottom