New SEGA-sponsored video via IGN, about Humankinds special features

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
IGN has published today a video, which was sponsored by SEGA, about the special features which Humankind has.

See the video below (I can't seem to embedd it), when you click on the pic.twitter.com link:
Here are 5 ways Humankind differs from other strategy games. #sponsored pic.twitter.com/CKh3aa9ns0

— IGN (@IGN) August 9, 2021

I have to say this DOES look interesting. This civ-change is something which has often been discussed in the civ-community, but I think many people feel that this might not be civ-like. Having another game which implements this is certainly interesting.

Last edited:
IGN has published today a video, which was sponsored by SEGA, about the special features which Humankind has.

See the video below (I can't seem to embedd it), when you click on the pic.twitter.com link:

I have to say this DOES look interesting. This civ-change is something which has often been discussed in the civ-community, but I think many people feel that this might not be civ-like. Having another game which implements this is certainly interesting.

What is fascinating to me is that all of this was known to the Grognards here on the Forums, and discussed, for months - although many details have been kept under wraps, especially those from the last 2 Ages of the game. It is easy to forget that the vast gaming public has not been party to those discussions, and to them all of this is new.

And regardless of how well or badly Humankind implements any of the things it is attempting, the fact that it is offering what is in many ways a new set of ways to approach the Historically-based 4X game compared to Civ is alone enough to make it wonderous and fascinating.

I have been playing test versions of the game for the past year, and while there are many things in it that I am less than ecstatic about, the fact that I have logged over 400 hours playing a game that (especially last year) was an incomplete collection of game-mechanics is testimony to its potential longevity - and I still want to play it much more than I want to go back to Civ VI: in fact, I haven't played two hours of Civ VI in the past two months, because the bulk of my gaming time has been on versions of Humankind.
That's the best single recommendation I can give the game: it's fun to look at, fun to play, and throws some very different things at you compared to all the Civ versions, which I hope will lead to further synthesis and improvements in how both game systems do things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom