[New Skin] F-15J

The download isn't available yet, but it looks really great! How about we think in reskining our remodelind the existing F-14 Tomcat released until now, you are good in this. Another great aircraft that seens to be abandoned by Civ4 players. I know only one F-14 model and it seens to carry a structural imperfection.

The download isn't available yet, but it looks really great! How about we think in reskining our remodelind the existing F-14 Tomcat released until now, you are good in this. Another great aircraft that seens to be abandoned by Civ4 players. I know only one F-14 model and it seens to carry a structural imperfection.

It's not easy for me because i'm really new with all these things. I have only NifSkope, DDS Converter and Photofiltre. I'm trying to use Gmax but it seems to be too complicated for me.
Anyway i'm ready to help you or anyone who wants a skin for his model.

F-14 Tomcat is a great aicraft, you're right. If i could help ask me ^^

It's not easy for me because i'm really new with all these things. I have only NifSkope, DDS Converter and Photofiltre. I'm trying to use Gmax but it seems to be too complicated for me.
That's all you need to make a ton of skins... all of mine come from DDS converter, Paint Shop Pro and Nifskope (about the only thing I know how to do in Nifskope is LOOK at a unit!). :p

That's all you need to make a ton of skins... all of mine come from DDS converter, Paint Shop Pro and Nifskope (about the only thing I know how to do in Nifskope is LOOK at a unit!). :p

Cool :)

I have a ton of books and photos about military aircrafts and tanks (specially from WWII) and a good scanner.
I can share some pics if you need it, because i can't skin all these units myself :p

When you guys do a reskin, do you edit the texture layout as well? I ask because I know how to make models but haven't succeeded in pairing them with an actual texture (or animation) yet. I have this great Yorktown-class aircraft carrier just lying around...

I just pretty-much repaint what is already there... turn blue to black, red to green, draw a new line, remove an old one... whatever... my more "complicated" work (usually with aircraft) is throwing-out the entire original work and repainting from scratch... though it's in the same spots in the texture file where the old one was (like my Spanish Me-109).

When you guys do a reskin, do you edit the texture layout as well? I ask because I know how to make models but haven't succeeded in pairing them with an actual texture (or animation) yet. I have this great Yorktown-class aircraft carrier just lying around...

I have tried to make a texture with this tuto http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171934 , but when i want to save the model then nif-gmax crash.

Then i can only edit an existed DDS file and view it with NifSkope (like Wolfshanze).

Attachments

• gmaxtexture.png
    gmaxtexture.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 97
I did have fun "turning Japanese" on Chugg's Rommel face... he provided me a very European Rommel face and I totally turned it Japanese!

I have tried to make a texture with this tuto http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171934 , but when i want to save the model then nif-gmax crash.

Then i can only edit an existed DDS file and view it with NifSkope (like Wolfshanze).

Well, what I mean is, there is a UV map that you have to do first that tells it to put the different pieces in different places. That's how it knows to put the wing graphics on the wings, and not on the propellers or the tail. I can't seem to get the hang of how to do this, since I don't have 3ds Max, only Blender and Nifskope. Dutchking told me to just read his leaderhead tutorial, which was practically worthless in the case of units. (Sorry, DK!) I guess I'll just fiddle around with it until I figure out how... :)

Well, what I mean is, there is a UV map that you have to do first that tells it to put the different pieces in different places. That's how it knows to put the wing graphics on the wings, and not on the propellers or the tail. I can't seem to get the hang of how to do this, since I don't have 3ds Max, only Blender and Nifskope. Dutchking told me to just read his leaderhead tutorial, which was practically worthless in the case of units. (Sorry, DK!) I guess I'll just fiddle around with it until I figure out how... :)

I have installed nif plugin on gmax (which is free) and i can edit UV map on the model (look at the screenshot on my other post :) )

making an UV map in blender is not that difficult (to get a good one only needs time).

In short, select under views UV/image editor. in a second window change from object mode (or edit mode) to UV Face select. Than don´t select all faces at once, small groups that have a similar direction (you can look at existing textures what other modellers do) and under Face select unwrap UV (if you selected to much and difficult orientated faces the result will be strange, simple select a lower number). than in the UV/image editor positionate the UV to the posititon you want (you can also change position, scale, etc). Than select the next part of the model etc. After you finished, save the UVLayout (under UV / scripts) and paint the result.

To link a texture it´s enough to do the same what C. Roland described in his tutorial.

If you have a texture and want to use this (or see the result of your work in blender), select at start all faces in UV Face selcet mode and open the image under UV/ image editor (normal blender can´t show dds, so use a png or jpg version) [and positionate the UVunwraps to the correct postion.]

Side note, if your model is symmetric (texturewise), only model one half, unwrap the UV and than mirror it to get the complete model.

Oh, and nice skin :)

JF00, i'd like to download this and your other skins but they haven't been approved yet.

is it possible for you post the files as attachments until they are approved in the db?

JF00, i'd like to download this and your other skins but they haven't been approved yet.

is it possible for you post the files as attachments until they are approved in the db?

the announcement says: "Linking to the file directly in your file's forum thread is strongly discouraged" :confused:

Heh, I use gMax with the w3d plugin for editing CnC Generals models. I've got one model I converted and reskinned from Falcon 4.0 if anyone wants to convert it to Civ4.
http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=273098&highlight=#273098

Top Bottom