Were making it hapen I'm finally at a point where I can make the much discussed new tech tree available for playtesting. How to get it While the new tech tree is still in playtesting, the current state of the mod will still remain available on Git. If you are familiar with the Git version of the mod, you have been using the main develop branch. The new tech tree is available on the separate hrtechs branch. You can switch to it as follows (in the TortoiseGit menu): Select "Fetch ..." and press OK. Select "Switch/Checkout ...", in the dropdown menu next to "Branch" you should be able to select "hrtechs". Confirm with OK and let Tortoise do its thing. To switch back to "normal" Git DoC repeat the second step selecting "develop" instead. Content Here is a (mostly) complete changelog covering everything but the new techs themselves. Spoiler : Techs - completely new tech tree with 21 techs per era based on the History Rewritten tech tree - renamed Modern and Future eras to Global and Digital era respectively Mechanics - unhealthiness from power now scales with the number of buildings using power in a city - improvements only affect happiness/healthiness if they are worked New Buildings - Weaver (Aesthetics): +25% culture, +1 happiness from Dye, Cotton, Silk - Baths (Medicine): +2 health - Constabulary (Judiciary): -25% war weariness, +25% espionage - Coffeehouse (Urbanism): +1 happiness from Sugar, Tea, Coffee, Tobacco - Post Office (Paper): +1 trade route, +1 statesman slot - Wharf (Compass): +50% trade route yield - Civic Square (Statecraft): +25% GP birth, +1 statesman slot - Sewer (City Planning): +2 health - Distillery (Chemistry): +1 happiness from Wine, Fruit, Sugar, -1 health from Wine, Fruit, Sugar - News Press (Journalism): +25% culture, +25% GP birth, +1 statesman slot - Cinema (Film): +1 happiness, +1 happiness with Movies, +25% culture - Hotel (Tourism): +20% trade route yield per culture level - Park (Social Sciences): No unhappiness from Towns - Solar Plant (Renewable Energy): maximum latitude 45 degrees, provides power - Estate (Horticulture): +1 artist slot, +1 statesman slot, +1 happiness per 20% culture - Pharmacy (Alchemy): +1 health from Wine, Fruit, Whale, +1 scientist slot - Department Store (Synthetics): +25% gold with power, +1 merchant slot - Monument (Ceremony): +2 culture - Railway Station (Railroad): +25% gold, +1 engineer slot, +1 unhealth from Coal, Oil - Star Fort (City Planning): -50% bombard damage - Electrical Grid (Social Services): +10% commerce with power Removed Buildings - Grocer Changed Buildings - Lighthouse (Navigation): +1 trade route - Public Transport (Infrastructure): no unhealthiness from Village, Town - Recycling Center (Renewable Energy): no unhealthiness from Mine, Workshop - Nuclear Plant (Nuclear Power): provides power with Uranium, +1 scientist slot, required to build ICBMs, no chance of meltdown - Hospital (Microbiology): +3 health, -25% war weariness - Bank (Finance): +25% gold - Castle (Fortification): +1 culture, +50% defense, +4 siege experience - Jail (Law): +2 espionage, -25% maintenance, +25% espionage - Courthouse (Constitution): -25% maintenance, +1 statesman slot - Laboratory (Electricity): +25% science with power - Supermarket (Consumerism): +10% food with power - Market (Currency): +25% gold, +1 happiness from Fur, Spices, Ivory, Incense - Broadcast Tower (Radio): +25% culture with power - Granary (Pottery): retains 25% food after growth - Aqueduct (Metal Casting): retains 25% food after growth Great People Buildings - Great Artist: Museum (Heritage): +20% GP birth per culture level - Great Engineer: Manufactory (Guilds): +25% production, +50% trade route yield - Great Merchant: Stock Exchange (Corporation): +50% gold, +10% gold per culture level - Great Scientist: Academy (Philosophy): +50% science, +10% science per culture level - Great General: Armoury (Standing Army): +50% military production National Wonders - National College (Humanities, requires Universities): +100% science, +3 scientist slots - Military Academy (Social Sciences, requires Barracks): Free Leadership, +100% military production - National Gallery (Civil Liberties): +100% culture, +3 artist slots - National Monument (Heritage, requires Monuments): +100% GP birth, +3 statesman slots - National Theatre (Literature, requires Theatres): +2 happiness per culture level, +1 happiness per 20% culture - Central Bank (Macroeconomics): +100% gold, +3 merchant slots New Units - Skirmisher (Contract, Tanning): Strength 4, 1 first strike, 50% retreat chance, 2x collateral damage (limit 25%), +25% hill attack - Horseman (Riding): Strength 6, 20% retreat chance, -25% city strength, +25% vs. Siege - Pistolier (Firearms): Strength 10, 25% retreat chance - Dragoon (Biology): Strength 14 - Hussar (Nationalism, Biology): Strength 12, 30% retreat chance, +50% vs. Cannon - Militia (none): Strength 2, +25% city defense - Light Swordsman (Alloys): Strength 4, +25% vs. Spearman - Heavy Spearman (Civil Service): Strength 6, +100% vs. Mounted - Howitzer (Assembly Line): Strength 18, 75% retreat chance, 7x collateral damage (limit 70%), +25% city attack, 16% bombard - Arquebusier (Firearms): Strength 9 - Heavy Galley (Alchemy): Strength 5 - Cog (Guilds): Strength 3, 2 cargo - Galleass (Gunpowder): Strength 8, +25% coast defense - Torpedo Boat (Ballistics, Thermodynamics): Strength 18, 1 first strike, 25% retreat chance, +50% coast attack - Cruiser (Engine): Strength 28 - Biplane (Flight): Strength 12, 50% intercept, 8% bombard - Nuclear Bomber (Fission, Flight): can detonate nuke, limited range Removed units - Airship - Tactical Nuke - Warrior (still available to barbarians) - Axeman (still available to barbarians) Renamed units - Knight -> Lancer - Trireme -> War Galley - Attack Submarine -> Nuclear Submarine Significantly changed units - several units have received slight adjustments (cost etc.) that are not listed here - significantly increased the cost of all siege units and gave them a high base retreat chance - lowered base strength of early siege units and gave them high city attack modifiers - removed retreat chance and flanking from Cuirassier - Longbowman (Standing Army): Strength 6, 1 first strike, 50% retreat chance, 3x collateral damage (limit 50%), +50% hill attack, upgrades from Skirmisher - Crossbowman (Machinery): 1 first strike, +25% city defense, +25% hill defense - Horse Archer (Nobility): Strength 8, 30% retreat chance, -25% city strength, +50% vs. Heavy Swordsman - Pikeman (Urbanism): Strength 6, +100% vs. Mounted and Melee - Artillery (Ballistics): Strength 14, 75% retreat chance, 6x collateral damage (limit 60%), +25% city attack, 12% bombard - Musketman (Replaceable Parts): Strength 12 Improvement changes - Camp (Tanning): improves Fur, Deer, Ivory, +1 commerce with Firearms - Forest Preserve renamed Nature Preserve (Microbiology): improves Fur, Elephant - Lumbermill (Feudalism): +1 production from river, +1 commerce with Paper - Mine (Mining): +1 unhealthiness, +1 production with Geology, +1 commerce with Central Planning - Offshore Platform (Electronics): +1 unhealthiness - Orchard (Pottery): improves Wine, Spices, +1 food with irrigation, +1 commerce with Crop Rotation - Pasture (Pastoralism): +1 food with Refrigeration - Plantation (Calendar): improves Sugar, Coffee, Tea, Dye, Incense, Tobacco, Cotton, Silk, Banana, +1 commerce with Horticulture - Quarry (Masonry): improves Stone, Marble, +1 production with Geology, +1 commerce with Central Planning - Town: +1 unhappiness, +1 unhealthiness, +1 commerce with Highway, +1 commerce with Capitalism - Village: +1 unhealthiness - Watermill (Machinery): +1 production +1 commerce, +1 commerce with Electricity - Well (Refining): +1 unhealthiness - Workshop (Artisanry): +2 production +1 unhealthiness, +1 commerce with Highway, +1 production with Machine Tools, +1 commerce with Central Planning Wonder changes - Angkor Wat (Civil Service): +1 food for Priest - Colossus (Metal Casting): +2 commerce on water for its city - Great Lighthouse (Navigation): +2 trade routes in its city, free Lighthouse in all cities - Hanging Gardens (Calendar): no unhealthiness from flood plains - Pyramids (Masonry): cities grow while producing with food - Space Elevator (Supermaterials): +100% spaceship production - Statue of Zeus (Metal Casting): no resistance on city conquest - Great Sphinx (Worship): wonders are produced with food - Three Gorges Dam renamed Itaipu Dam - Flavian Amphitheatre (Engineering): removed XP requirement - CERN Research Complex (Fission): free Laboratory in all cities - Ishtar Gate (Arithmetics): +1 slot for all specialists - La Mezquita (Scholarship): +2 free specialists - Topkapi Palace (Judiciary): conquered cities receive free production - Brandenburg Gate (Nationalism): great general threshold resets on great general death - Westminster Palace (Journalism): free Courthouse in all cities - Porcelain Tower (Printing Press): no open borders required for trade routes - Red Fort (Firearms): +100% enemy war weariness - removed Mount Rushmore Unique Powers - Portuguese UP: allows Ocean trade after the discovery of Cartography Unique Historical Victories - Babylonia: be first to discover Construction, Arithmetics, Writing, Calendar, Contract - Greece: be first to discover Geometry, Tradition, Aesthetics, Philosophy, Medicine - Rome: be first to discover Architecture, Politics, Machinery, Civil Service, Theology - Korea: be first to discover Printing - Poland: be first to discover Civil Liberties - England: be first to discover ten techs of the Renaissance and ten techs of the Industrial era - Germany: be first to discover ten techs of the Industrial and ten techs of the Global era - Japan: be first to discover ten techs of the Global and ten techs of the Digital era This includes all the bug fixes I've made that happened after I started working on the new tech tree. Feedback and Discussion This thread is for everything you encounter while playing with the new tech tree and all further associated changes. I'm especially interested in tech speed and tech progression, in my experience overall tech speed is a little too slow but I'd like to hear more detailed information about this impact on UHVs, almost all of them are directly or indirectly impacted and I'd like to know if goals have become too easy/hard religion founding (right locations etc.), I know that this is still mostly off right now logical oversights like civs starting with units they do not have the tech for etc. If you want to give feedback on tech progression, please upload the two new log files Techs.log and TechStatus.log. They contain useful information about how techs were discovered over the course of the game. You can of course also discuss everything else in this thread: new buildings and units, changes to existing stuff, association of game elements with certain techs, and so on. Thank you for your feedback!