Resource icon

New Terrain Textures 1.0

Tarmont

Empress
Just got reminded that I had made this so I decided to share it with you guys. It's a texture pack for the four continents, as far as I remember most of them are somewhat brighter than vanilla except for Asia, which is much darker (You can just remove the ones you don't like or whatever). Many textures came from AOE2. Also no new textures for deserts cause I like them.

Spoiler :

Download Link

I would like to see a side by side comparison of screenshots to see the difference more directly. ^^

tried this today didn't like them. i kept thinking grassland was plains they almost look the same to me. grassland isn't as green as the one in the above image to me.

tried this today didn't like them. i kept thinking grassland was plains they almost look the same to me. grassland isn't as green as the one in the above image to me.

I believe grassland is only that green for certain biomes, forget which ones though.

I really like the brighter grassland, and appreciate the snowy looking tundra. I have to agree that plains isn't really my thing though--encourages me to play with tile yields on so I don't confuse with grassland.

Necroing this thread to provide a functioning link for the future net wanderers who'll come across this 3d to download the modpack.

To install it, extract the folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC"

Yep, it's different because the author apparently changed it over time.
I originally took the textures from this discussion where TarcisioCM/Tarmont themself provided the link to the file I mirrored here.
The first comment there link to this thread so I followed suit.

Top Bottom