New to CIV! Any recommendations?

Battuta

Chieftain
This is my first civ game ever, Had it in on Epic Games for free for a while. Started playing it a few weeks ago.
In the base game basically i only have abt 20 hours lol. But i enoyed the game lots and luckily found a good deal for every DLC.

Basically. Im lost now. There is alot ALOT of new things and i dont really know where to start:gripe:. What do yall recommend? Which scenario, gamemode etc do you find most fun?

If you jumped from the base game to all the DLC, I'd recommend making sure all the modes are off and switching to Rise and Fall's ruleset for a few games, get used to those new rules, and then turn on Gathering Storm's rules. That will allow you to learn what each expansion changed one at a time. :)

hey, i am new too. my first civ game ever. i looked up and people suggest to download Quick Deals mod trading with ai. my question is how to get this mod for epic games aka non-steam version?

There is alot ALOT of new things and i dont really know where to start:gripe:. What do yall recommend?
Basically what Zaarin said. Start with just the base game, then play Rise and Fall, then play Gathering Storm. Turning off victory types you aren't going for another perfectly fine thing to do, especially turning off the science victory with the base game and Rise and Fall if you aren't going for it since the AI can and will win with it if aren't hyper aggressive about stopping them from doing so.

Also, don't be afraid to look things up! Here is a wiki with a lot of detailed information and here is a great video that goes over tourism as it works in Gathering Storm. And then here is something to try once you've got a good feeling for the game and you are going for a science victory.

Incidentally, if you do find a streamer you enjoy watching, that is a great to learn about the game without playing it. The guy I linked above, PotatoMcWhiskey, is fun and informative. He's got two series that go in depth on how he makes decisions when playing the game. Series One and Series Two.

Last edited:
Good starting civs:
Sumeria
Rome
China
Might want to specify which China--there are five of them now. ;) Wu and especially Yongle probably aren't the best starting civs, but Mandate of Heaven Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan should be pretty straightforward.

If you jumped from the base game to all the DLC, I'd recommend making sure all the modes are off and switching to Rise and Fall's ruleset for a few games, get used to those new rules, and then turn on Gathering Storm's rules. That will allow you to learn what each expansion changed one at a time. :)
Basically what Zaarin said. Start with just the base game, then play Rise and Fall, then play Gathering Storm. Turning off victory types you aren't going for another perfectly fine thing to do, especially turning off the science victory with the base game and Rise and Fall if you aren't going for it since the AI can and will win with it if aren't hyper aggressive about stopping them from doing so.

Also, don't be afraid to look things up! Here is a wiki with a lot of detailed information and here is a great video that goes over tourism as it works in Gathering Storm. And then here is something to try once you've got a good feeling for the game and you are going for a science victory.

Incidentally, if you do find a streamer you enjoy watching, that is a great to learn about the game without playing it. The guy I linked above, PotatoMcWhiskey, is fun and informative. He's got two series that go in depth on how he makes decisions when playing the game. Series One and Series Two.
Thanks you guys ill look into all of it got some proper direction now

Try setting the game to online speed instead of default so you can get a general feel faster. Also experiment with the different victory types by using specific Civs. Apart from the ones mentioned above, Russia, Inca, Gaul, and Ethiopia are solid picks as well.

Top Bottom